Author Topic: Splat! Whack! Barf! - MotK invades the Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 150839 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Splat! Whack! Barf! - MotK invades the Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #840 on: May 22, 2011, 09:06:22 PM »
KoL trivia will probably kill me, but completely useless random knowledge I am a bloody veritable fount of.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #841 on: May 23, 2011, 12:02:24 AM »
>You contributed 15000000 Meat to your clan's coffer.

Numbers on my side, doo dah doo dah

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #842 on: May 26, 2011, 12:08:27 AM »
>refuse to adventure until the stars align and the bounty hunts are conducive to your quests
>end up with all the adventures you need for a full Arrrbor Day run

_o_/

« Reply #843 on: June 01, 2011, 07:21:28 PM »
Trivia week 1 GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO. :V

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #844 on: June 01, 2011, 07:28:08 PM »
Do we quicktopic it up or three teams into one?

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #845 on: June 01, 2011, 07:32:36 PM »
This trivia has absolutely nothing to do with KoL. I am disappoint.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #846 on: June 01, 2011, 07:33:14 PM »
Hey, it's the first week only! We might be seeing other topics in the future.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #847 on: June 01, 2011, 07:40:39 PM »
Hey, it's the first week only! We might be seeing other topics in the future.

True as that may be, my point still stands.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #848 on: June 01, 2011, 07:42:03 PM »
Do we quicktopic it up or three teams into one?

Quicktopic it up. Otherwise it'd be cheating. =P

« Reply #849 on: June 06, 2011, 12:59:33 AM »
Well, due to the convincing of some people on #meido and not having anything better to do, I'm finally trying this out.

TheAdjectiveColossal (#2245530)

« Reply #850 on: June 06, 2011, 05:47:59 AM »
So I've again started contemplating the rumpus room furniture. We started with meat plants when we were all young and broke, but at least a couple slots might now be better served by +adv furniture instead, for example. I'm gonna do ahead and break down each changeable (i.e. not the ball pit :V) slot's items: bold is our current item, italics are what I'm considering a change to if we change.

In general, +adv and meat-giving items are not usable in hardcore or ronin; I have no idea about +PVP fights items but I'm pretty sure no one in our clan actually gives a crap. Stat gyms are usable at any time, but generally meh.

A Nail in the Wall:
  • Girls of Loathing Calendar (Members receive 3 extra Adventures per day - 50,000 Meat)
  • Boys of Loathing Calendar (Members receive 3 extra Adventures per day - 50,000 Meat)
  • An Infuriating Painting (Members receive 5 extra PvP fights per day - 50,000 Meat)
  • An Exotic Hanging Meat Orchid (Members can pick 1500 Meat per day - 300,000 Meat)
(The girls calendar vs. boys calendar is pretty much a purely aethetic decision, I figure most of you would prefer the latter =P)

An Empty Bookshelf:
  • A Collection of Arcane Tomes and Whatnot (Allows members to improve their Mysticality - 50,000 Meat)
  • A Collection of Sports Memorabilia (Members receive 7 extra PvP fights per day - 100,000 Meat)
  • A Collection of Self-Help Books (Members receive 5 extra Adventures per day - 100,000 Meat)

An Unused Outlet:
  • A Soda Machine (Members receive delicious, refreshing carbonated beverages - 100,000 Meat)
  • A Jukebox (Members can listen to songs, granting beneficial effects - 150,000 Meat)
  • A Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game (Members can fish for various gift items - 250,000 Meat)
(As far as I can tell from the wiki, the jukebox is usable in HC/ronin, and I know from experience the claw game is. The soda machines is not but it's just 3/day MP restorer.)

An Empty Endtable:
  • An Old-Timey Radio (Members can listen to the radio, granting beneficial effects - 50,000 Meat)
  • A Potted Meat Bush (Members can pick 500 Meat per day - 100,000 Meat)
  • An Inspirational Desk Calendar (Members receive 1 extra Adventure per day - 20,000 Meat)

A Threadbare Rug:
  • A Wrestling Mat (Members receive 3 extra PvP fights per day - 20,000 Meat)
  • A Tan-U-Lots Tanning Bed (Allows members to improve their Moxie - 50,000 Meat)
  • A Comfy Sofa (Members can rest, restoring HP and MP - 100,000 Meat)
(The sofa is identical to sleeping in your campground except it restores level*5 HP/MP WHY WOULD YOU EVER BUY THIS)

A Dusty Corner:
  • A Hobo-Flex Workout System (Members can exercise their Muscle - 50,000 Meat)
  • A Snack Machine (Members receive junk food with various beneficial effects - 100,000 Meat)
  • A Potted Meat Tree (Members can pick 1000 Meat per day - 200,000 Meat)
(Snack machine is not usable in HC/ronin and honestly I'm inclined to leave the meat plant anyway.)

We've got more than enough meat in the coffer to afford any changes, I was just too lazy to cut them out when copypasting from wiki.

Anyway, thoughts?

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #851 on: June 06, 2011, 05:51:13 AM »
Vote:  Boys of Loathing Calendar (Members receive 3 extra Adventures per day - 50,000 Meat)
A Collection of Self-Help Books (Members receive 5 extra Adventures per day - 100,000 Meat)
A Jukebox (Members can listen to songs, granting beneficial effects - 150,000 Meat)
An Inspirational Desk Calendar (Members receive 1 extra Adventure per day - 20,000 Meat
Um, about Sofa: I THINK it doesn't cost an adventure. I could be wrong though. If it doesn't cost an adventure, it's VERY useful.
 A Potted Meat Tree (Members can pick 1000 Meat per day - 200,000 Meat)

Those are my selections

« Reply #852 on: June 06, 2011, 05:57:26 AM »
Um, about Sofa: I THINK it doesn't cost an adventure. I could be wrong though. If it doesn't cost an adventure, it's VERY useful.

Nope, it totally does. :V If it didn't I would be all the hell over that even if it were only outside of HC/ronin.

EDIT BECAUSE DOUBLE POSTING IS SILLY: For trivia kids - Google and the like are officially allowed. Knock yourselves out!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:29:54 AM by Arashi Kurobara »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #853 on: June 06, 2011, 02:26:38 PM »
Gonna have to agree with your highlights, Arashi.  Meat is nice, but adventures are moreso.

Also googlans.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #854 on: June 06, 2011, 02:48:48 PM »
I pick:

A Nail in the Wall: Boys of Loathing Calendar (Members receive 3 extra Adventures per day - 50,000 Meat) I like to imagine this working like one of those 'shirtless firemen' calendars.
An Empty Bookshelf: A Collection of Self-Help Books (Members receive 5 extra Adventures per day - 100,000 Meat) Which is to say, no change.
An Unused Outlet: A Jukebox (Members can listen to songs, granting beneficial effects - 150,000 Meat) We had this for a while before the crane game, and I found it pretty useful. The only interesting things from the crane game are the Heart Necklace and the pack of KWE trading cards.
An Empty Endtable: An Inspirational Desk Calendar (Members receive 1 extra Adventure per day - 20,000 Meat)
A Threadbare Rug: A Tan-U-Lots Tanning Bed (Allows members to improve their Moxie - 50,000 Meat)
A Dusty Corner: A Potted Meat Tree (Members can pick 1000 Meat per day - 200,000 Meat) Might as well leave one of the meat drop plants around, if there's nothing better available here.

« Reply #855 on: June 06, 2011, 03:35:40 PM »
My picks:

--either calendar (functionally the same, so may as well pick the one that more people like)
--self-help books
--jukebox
--desk calendar
--tanning bed
--potted meat tree

KennyMan666

• Precursor
  • The Saga
    • One Piece: Pure Corruption
« Reply #856 on: June 06, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
Why did I never see this thread before. (probably because I don't pay any attention to this forum at all.)

If anyone cares, I'm the leader of a clan called Random Gamers and Candy Clan, that has been seeing too much inactivity lately. It's the clan of the people who helped me get into the game back in 2006 (and am now the leader on account of how most of the other people sadly have ceased caring about the game), so I do have kind of a personal connection to it, and is a bit unwilling to leave it, even though the sad truth is that I forked over two Mr. A's myself when it was time to get the clan shower. Only one donated for anf the other from the mall, but stil... fully-stocked Rumpus Room (for what we deemed to be the most beneficial for both Hardcore and Aftercore - Calendar, Self-Help Books, Klaw Machine, Sofa, Meat Bush, Meat Plant and a ball pit with a downright sad amount of balls) and VIP Lounge (everything). I'm not asking anyone to join it unless you want to, but I will welcome anyone who does.

90+ ascensions and counting, and one of the few remaining dedicated HCT ascenders in the kingdom... just got done with a long string of 100% familiar runs, so now I can finally get back to playing just like I want to.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:40:41 PM by KennyMan666 »
Fly & High!!

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #857 on: June 06, 2011, 04:31:44 PM »
Vote:
A Nail in the Wall: Boys of Loathing Calendar (Members receive 3 extra Adventures per day - 50,000 Meat) (I'm going to assume we don't have the girl's calender, so yeah. I suppose the time I would use staring at a women's calender can be used adventuring now. \o/)
An Empty Bookshelf: A Collection of Self-Help Books (Members receive 5 extra Adventures per day - 100,000 Meat) (Yeah no need to change this (even if lack of hardcore use)
An Unused Outlet: A Jukebox (Members can listen to songs, granting beneficial effects - 150,000 Meat) (I could use these buffs so much more than more crap- I have the VIP room claw for that. :V)
An Empty Endtable: An Inspirational Desk Calendar (Members receive 1 extra Adventure per day - 20,000 Meat) (More adventures for the adventure god.)
A Threadbare Rug: A Comfy Sofa (Members can rest, restoring HP and MP - 100,000 Meat) (okay you're all looking at me weird, I'll explain thusly. YOU CAN USE THE SOFA IN BEECORE. This would be wonderful because in beecore you have nothing but the god damn ground most of the time. Hell, right now I'd gain 50 more HP and MP if we had the sofa and it would be very helpful. Given many others are about to enter beecore as well, I think a lot of people could get use of this.)
A Dusty Corner: A Potted Meat Tree (Members can pick 1000 Meat per day - 200,000 Meat) (Yeah, No change here.)

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #858 on: June 06, 2011, 05:05:19 PM »
Switch whatever is necessary for more adventures-- the meat plants were nice when just starting, but once you're able to meatgrind, you can get that much in just a couple adventures (if not more). Also in favor of ditching the claw machine for the jukebox or something (I've got multiples upon multiples of all the stuffed toys it has to offer, and they don't really serve a purpose beyond 'ooooh I want to collect them all', so. :P )

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #859 on: June 06, 2011, 05:33:28 PM »
Still, you might want to keep one plant around. but yeah, what this guy said.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #860 on: June 06, 2011, 06:38:50 PM »
Gonna have to agree with your highlights, Arashi.  Meat is nice, but adventures are moreso.
This. I would have voted for the crane, but ~*~deluxe crane~*~

« Reply #861 on: June 06, 2011, 08:07:37 PM »
I like to imagine this working like one of those 'shirtless firemen' calendars.

They are, in fact, exactly that.

A Threadbare Rug: A Comfy Sofa (Members can rest, restoring HP and MP - 100,000 Meat) (okay you're all looking at me weird, I'll explain thusly. YOU CAN USE THE SOFA IN BEECORE. This would be wonderful because in beecore you have nothing but the god damn ground most of the time. Hell, right now I'd gain 50 more HP and MP if we had the sofa and it would be very helpful. Given many others are about to enter beecore as well, I think a lot of people could get use of this.)

OK yeah this didn't dawn on me. I would totally be cool with putting up a comfy sofa at the very least until Bees Hate You is no longer the current seasonal challenge, if not for the forseeable future.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #862 on: June 06, 2011, 11:53:06 PM »
Ah, the comfy sofa being usable in Beecore hadn't occurred to me either. In that case, yeah, you should go for that (until you guys perm Disco Power Nap, at least BV). Also, sandcastles! But those use bricks of sand :(

Any change we make now doesn't have to be permanent, so I change my vote to Comfy Sofa at least until beecore is no longer the seasonal challenge.

« Reply #863 on: June 07, 2011, 01:24:50 AM »
OK, on further reading the jukebox is not usable in HC/ronin, the wiki just didn't say near the start like the soda and snack machines did. >=|

I think it's still the best choice because the claw game isn't really good for anything besides a little extra day 1 pocket money, but for the moment I'm going to make the other changes but leave that in case anyone's got an opinion with that error of mine corrected. :3

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #864 on: June 07, 2011, 03:35:02 PM »
OK, on further reading the jukebox is not usable in HC/ronin
Aww. Well, it's still the most useful of the things that could go there, so I say go for it anyway.

KennyMan666

• Precursor
  • The Saga
    • One Piece: Pure Corruption
« Reply #865 on: June 07, 2011, 08:02:29 PM »
A clan without a Mr. Klaw in the Rumpus Room is not a clan worth being in.
Fly & High!!