Author Topic: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (Discussion Thread)  (Read 66996 times)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Re: Sake Emblem - Strategical RPG (SIGNUP AND RULES THREAD)
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 12:39:19 AM »
I noticed that Yukari and Yuyuko aren't on there yet. Yukari should be a dark mage, but I'm not sure what Yuyuko would be. I know there's a class called "Summoner" in FE8 that could create an undead skeleton to attack foes, maybe Yuyuko could have something like that.

I'm also surprised Marisa hasn't been made into a thief class. (SHOT) Maybe Tokiko as a Thief?

AMZYoshio

• Transcend the edge of Dissillusion
  • WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 12:41:31 AM »
I noticed that Yukari and Yuyuko aren't on there yet.

I left out a lot of characters on purpose.  ;)

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 12:42:02 AM »
I left out a lot of characters on purpose.  ;)
*cough*bosses*cough*

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 12:43:21 AM »
Alternative pegasi from the top of my head: Kogasa(You can use umbrellas like lances!), Tokiko(I don't know why)
I imagine Tokiko would sacrifice str and luck for skill and speed, Kogasa has above average luck, but lower def?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 12:44:52 AM »
*cough*bosses*cough*
That was what I thought. :P

Oh, I got another idea for a unit: Kogasa. She could be a recruitable thief unit or something.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 12:45:24 AM »
Why did you split Accuracy off from Skill and drop Luck?  I mean, reading through your characters, I suppose it could work, but...keep an eye on this.

The lack of Mokou also makes me extremely sad.  I'll take Cirno, then.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 12:45:38 AM »
I'll be Alice. Ha, the puppeteer has become the puppet :3

Can there be a Alice special item of dolls?

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2010, 12:47:59 AM »
I'll be Alice. Ha, the puppeteer has become the puppet :3

Maybe create a 1 hp dummy doll on the field that anyone can use.  or not... Unless someone has a better idea.

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 12:48:40 AM »
Maybe create a 1 hp dummy doll on the field that anyone can use.  or not... Unless someone has a better idea.
Kamikaze dolls for everyone!

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2010, 12:49:10 AM »
Hi there, I'll refrain from stealing your magical artifacts for a bit and just steal your kills instead, ze~

(Dammit i wanted to be Youmu, but Marisa is an excellent choice B)
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 12:50:04 AM »
The lack of Mokou also makes me extremely sad.  I'll take Cirno, then.
Mokou's probably like Stephen(sp?) from FE9/10, a secret recruitable outcast from humanity.

Maybe Alice can take the Summon Class gimmick with her dolls, but she can deploy as many of them as she has room for. HP could also double as durability.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 12:51:41 AM »
Maybe Alice can take the Summon Class gimmick with her dolls, but she can deploy as many of them as she has room for. HP could also double as durability.

I can easily see multiple Alice dolls from a summoner being game breaker.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2010, 12:52:11 AM »
Can I join in as Tenshi?

AMZYoshio

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2010, 12:55:08 AM »

Maybe, but it'd be 1 doll at a time only, and she'd have to suffer more fallbacks because of it. Your choice really.

Why did you split Accuracy off from Skill and drop Luck?  I mean, reading through your characters, I suppose it could work, but...keep an eye on this.

Because it made more sense in my head. I kinda didn't like how 1 skill did a bunch of stuff, it was harder to do out on paper.

Can I join in as Tenshi?

Check the player count, if it's under 12, yes.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 12:55:49 AM »
I can easily see multiple Alice dolls from a summoner being game breaker.
That's true, so they'd have to be weakened somehow. If they're being doubled as weapons, they can't be "repaired" by healing items. And let's not forget that FE units normally don't have that much inventory space to begin with, so the amount of dolls that Alice can summon and carry could be limited.

Maybe, but it'd be 1 doll at a time only, and she'd have to suffer more fallbacks because of it. Your choice really.
Or this.

theshirn

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2010, 01:08:31 AM »
Because it made more sense in my head. I kinda didn't like how 1 skill did a bunch of stuff, it was harder to do out on paper.
The only thing Skill does is +2 hit per skill and +1 crit/2 skill.  Luck is the bigger offender here, giving +1 evasion/luck, +1 hit/2 luck, and -1 enemy crit/luck.

As is, without a luck stat, crits have no way of being negated and are thusly much much more powerful, especially against the party.  As well, hit rates will be lowered by a small amount, and evasion by a larger amount.  Take that into account when assigning hit rates and evasion.  And note that weapons were balanced towards the original system, so you may have to tweak stats on those as well.

It might just be easier to stick with stats as they were, man. :/

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

AMZYoshio

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2010, 01:15:20 AM »
It might just be easier to stick with stats as they were, man. :/

To my knowledge (I might be wrong), but luck just put a slight lean on statistical chances, and were basically up to a computer. I'm doing this with dice, so unless I physically tweak every chance based on how much luck a person has, I don't really see how I could do it. (Actually, that makes sense now.)

Maybe I could just incorporate it with the Speed skill, seeing how it doubles as an avoidablility. That, or like I'm currently writing, criticals can be slightly negated based on the weapon your weapon is facing.

theshirn

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2010, 01:21:55 AM »
To my knowledge (I might be wrong), but luck just put a slight lean on statistical chances, and were basically up to a computer. I'm doing this with dice, so unless I physically tweak every chance based on how much luck a person has, I don't really see how I could do it. (Actually, that makes sense now.)

Maybe I could just incorporate it with the Speed skill, seeing how it doubles as an avoidablility. That, or like I'm currently writing, criticals can be slightly negated based on the weapon your weapon is facing.
Luck does exactly what I wrote up there.  The only other luck-affected thing was the chance of finding stuff hidden in the sand, and you could just use a thief for that anyway, so that's irrelevant to us.

I strongly urge you not to include it with speed, as speed is already the best stat, and it doesn't need to be any more of a game breaker.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 01:28:20 AM »
Yo dawg I called Kisume a while back =[

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2010, 01:36:37 AM »
How much times can a magic book be used minimum?

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2010, 01:38:19 AM »
How much times can a magic book be used minimum?
I don't think it would matter as long as you could level up your weapon level to use better things.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2010, 01:40:22 AM »
Yo dawg I called Kisume a while back =[

Did you? I missed it.

Oh wait, after reading, you kinda called it and made up a class. That doesn't really fit in, and I think there's enough classes as there is. Sorry.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2010, 01:45:01 AM »
I don't think it would matter as long as you could level up your weapon level to use better things.

I wanna know this because I think the doll summoning would be a skill but cost multiple uses of the books to summon one doll so that I don't abuse it like no tomorrow :3.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2010, 01:47:12 AM »
Did you? I missed it.

Oh wait, after reading, you kinda called it and made up a class. That doesn't really fit in, and I think there's enough classes as there is. Sorry.

Hobo is just thief with a paint job flaking off.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2010, 01:49:30 AM »
I wanna know this because I think the doll summoning would be a skill but cost multiple uses of the books to summon one doll so that I don't abuse it like no tomorrow :3.

If anything, it would be a seperate item, but with low uses and high cost.

Hobo is just thief with a paint job flaking off.

Can't tell if being trolled.

Whatever, I wasn't aware of that at first anyway, and I don't see how Kisume would fit in being a thief, considering she lives in a bucket. So convince someone to drop first, then maybe.

Also, bump for an update on the rules.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2010, 01:53:39 AM »
If anything, it would be a seperate item, but with low uses and high cost.

What do you mean by that?

AMZYoshio

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2010, 01:58:33 AM »
What do you mean by that?

Meaning the summon skill would be used with a magical tome, like a weapon. That tome would cost a lot in shops, and have a smaller number of uses than most weapons. Also, summon tomes would probably be higher on the rank scale, meaning initially you can't use them.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2010, 02:02:42 AM »
Kisume's a mugger for a living. That's pretty much the definition of thief. =[

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2010, 02:07:53 AM »
Meaning the summon skill would be used with a magical tome, like a weapon. That tome would cost a lot in shops, and have a smaller number of uses than most weapons. Also, summon tomes would probably be higher on the rank scale, meaning initially you can't use them.

Hmm, that works but can only Alice use them? It's kinda of her MO.

Also, should there be different types of tomes to summon different dolls or just one tome that can summon different dolls? You know, like a lance doll, sword doll, magic doll etc.

I kinda want the different dolls, gives more tactical choices for her.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2010, 02:11:02 AM »
Hmm, that works but can only Alice use them? It's kinda of her MO.

Also, should there be different types of tomes to summon different dolls or just one tome that can summon different dolls? You know, like a lance doll, sword doll, magic doll etc.

I kinda want the different dolls, gives more tactical choices for her.

I see you're really set on this.

Different tomes, yes. Alice being the only one who can use it, yes. Different dolls of different weapon types...maybe not. That would make it slightly overpowered, or be completely useless. The point of a summon is to be a distractor, not exactly to hold up a line, or make a definite kill. I think if anything, instead of lance/sword and light/dark dolls, it should be simplified to Melee/Magic dolls, where the attacks don't fit into the weapon triangle, but do fit into the charactaristics of direct or magical attacks.