Author Topic: Description of user titles  (Read 4303 times)

Description of user titles
« on: November 08, 2010, 05:42:19 PM »
This is a minor thing, but I was trying to look for a topic that explains the different user titles, like Mascot or Special Member or whatnot. The closest thing I found was the topic in CPMC which describes the Idiot hierarchy, and the very short, somewhat vague descriptions in in the search members by group option.

May I request a topic, probably in the rules section, I guess, that blatantly states what each user title is? It would help new members who wonder "why are all these banned people still posting" or "why does that guy's title say hurrrrrrrrr", as well as other members who are just curious. Then people wouldn't have to keep asking about them and could just go to the topic for easy reference.

If nobody has the time to do this, I would be fine with writing it up myself if given a short explanation of each title. Again, a minor thing, but I thought it was worth considering.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Description of user titles
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 06:01:27 PM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,3582.0.html is somewhat out of date, but the only thing changed is the removal of vanity tags that didn't do anything, and changing Moderator to Acolyte.

owait nevermind, I forgot I purged the thread because it was a circlejerk.

The following groups are full staff members:
Administrator = duh
Global Moderator = can do everything, just as long as an admin oks it.
Acolyte = forum moderator, can lock/unlock/split/merge threads, edit posts, and sticky/move threads, only in their forum.  Does not actually have ban powers but can submit for bans/probates with admin approval.
BunBunMaru = front page writer, can post new threads in Front Page Headlines.

The following groups are not staff, but membergroups for trusted members to manage threads:
Godmother = special minimod group for RPG, can lock/split/merge/sticky threads and edit posts.
Librarian = special minimod group for PSL, can lock/split/merge/sticky threads and edit posts and move threads to the completed story archive.
Shrine Janitor = can lock/split/merge threads, sticky/move threads, and edit posts anywhere.  Can view reported posts but has no moderation privileges.

The following groups are part of the Idiot Hierarchy:
Idiot Princess = lowest level of the idiot hierarchy, has no extra powers
Idiot Maiden = second tier of the idiot hierarchy, can edit/lock posts
Idiot Deity = top tier of the idiot hierarchy, has all powers of IM + edit profiles and move threads to LS

The rest of these groups are just vanity tags and have no extra powers:
Mascot and YOU WA BAN: silly groups, open to anyone to join and does not have to be staff approved
Spechul Membah: given to noteworthy members in reward for contributions to the site or community.  Can't be asked for, only given.
Yellow Member: special tag for Nemoma and Suwako Moriya.  Equivalent to Idiot Deity in powers.
Resident Artist++: given to noteworthy artists/musicians/writers in the community.  Open to anyone to join but has to be staff approved.

Shrine Janitor and BunBunMaru can both be applied to by anyone, but of course staff has to approve such appointments.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:49:21 PM by ♪ Baneling-chan ♫ »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 06:47:18 PM »
Okay, thanks. I guess that takes care of that, then.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 01:15:33 AM »
Since we are still talking about user titles, Do we have to ask a moderator to join one of those silly groups or are there going to be a contest for it?

Matsuri

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 01:16:21 AM »
You have free access to the Mascot and YOU WA BAN titles; you can change to it in your profile settings.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 03:29:59 PM »
What's the difference between "Banned" and "Unperson"?

Matsuri

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 03:42:21 PM »
Banned people sometimes have the opportunity to appeal their punishments, eventually-- Unpersons do not.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 03:43:42 PM »
The get down to the nitty-gritty forum-level differences, Banned people can send PMs and view the appeals forum. An Unperson cannot do either of those things.

Everything else is the same.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"