Author Topic: Does OpenID Authentication actually work?  (Read 3444 times)

rfw

Does OpenID Authentication actually work?
« on: November 04, 2010, 11:36:14 PM »
Just wondering about the OpenID authentication feature -- does it actually work? I've tried my OpenID provider (Google Accounts; endpoint at http://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id, documentation at http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/docs/OpenID.html) and I get an error telling me the provider did not return the requested information.

I have a feeling your server isn't actually making a request to the endpoint.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Does OpenID Authentication actually work?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 12:16:50 AM »
You know... I've never even tried it.  It was added in the latest release candidate of SMF 2.0, but I have no clue if it actually works or not, nor have I even bothered to do any sort of testing.  It's possible I'm just missing configuration for it.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 05:14:20 PM »
Can we disable it?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 10:29:41 PM »
Why?  I mean, if it works it could be potentially useful for people who want to maintain a single login.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 04:14:44 AM »
If literally no one has used it until this dude I see zero reason to waste resources on potentially making it work. >_>

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 04:21:44 AM »
If literally no one has used it until this dude I see zero reason to waste resources on potentially making it work. >_>
I'm not "wasting" resources making it work, it was included with RC2 as one of the new features.  So fixing a feature that's already present and should be working is not that big of a deal.  But believe me I have far more pressing bugs to fix than this =P