Author Topic: Moe / Tsundere / Zettai Ryouiki Serious Panel at Otakufest 2010  (Read 2497 times)

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
Moe / Tsundere / Zettai Ryouiki Serious Panel at Otakufest 2010
« on: October 25, 2010, 08:24:04 AM »
First, some background.

When I joined the "anime club" at my university. Two things.
1. I knew I was going to have fun times.
2. I knew I was going on some serious business.

Leaving the fun stuff aside, basically what our group offers are series of conferences for the academical analysis on Manga, Anime, Otaku culture, etc. The group already had quite a reputation when I joined (they gave a philosophical conference on Death Note, as well as the evolution and growth of the local fandom here (I live in Peru, for those who don't know), among other things). Everyone of these conferences was given by diverse university professors or people related with the organization of conventions, etc.

I joined with other people as well, and we started working. Our academic conference on Full Metal Alchemist was quite a success, and we even have acquired contacts on the local Japanese cultural representative, so yes, we were working outside the university now. Our biggest conference is coming soon as well (not revealing yet. :P)

But before that, Otakufest 2010 is happening, and that is the most important convention. Besides of having VAs and artists, they also host conventions there. However, this is with one exception: We members had to expose. And hoo boy, these panels are coming great.

A friend of mine is going for Zettai Ryouiki and Tsundere: Psychological relations, historical and possibly even mathematical analysis. He's a great person and he knows quite a lot on the philosophy-literature branch. He writes awesome WoT articles. This one'll be quite interesting.

But now, the other part of our hour, is me. And my conference is about Moe.
Let me tell you that gathering friends and theorizing about Moe was so damn hard, damn fun, and damn crazy. We almost destroyed Set and Language theories. And now my job is to expose about it. We managed to came up with a Set/Language/Psychological theory about it.

Wish me luck guys.

Powerup punchin'!