Author Topic: ALL WORLD LEADERS ARE NOW TOUHOUS  (Read 11226 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
ALL WORLD LEADERS ARE NOW TOUHOUS
« on: October 12, 2010, 08:44:27 AM »
WHAT HAPPENS? Also, who is in charge of each country?

(This topic is the result of a stupid discussion in #meido.)

Examples of possible Touhou presidents/prime ministers/etc:
USA: Okuu/Marisa - lol POWER SOLVES EVERYTHING
Canada: Momiji - Look at her shield. Also, she's a wolf.
Spain: Iku - flamenco!
China: Meiling - hurr
Switzerland: Sikieiki - Always neutral.
Iceland: Cirno - Ataiceland?
Norway: Letty - lol snow
India: Shou - Covers a branch of buddhism that has some ties to hindu.

There are probably enough touhous to actually do this. What are the roles of our touhou overlords great leaders? (Be sure to make good arguments!)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:47:38 AM by Stuffman »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: ALL WORLD LEADERS ARE NOW TOUHOUS
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 08:46:27 AM »
South Africa - Yamame because AIDS
Ireland  - Tewi because leprachauns are trolls
South Korea - Kanako to go with
Japan - Suwako

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 09:06:02 AM »
I definitely agree with Iku and Momiji the most. Iku is flamenco for sure and siesta/fever. Momiji is too obvious because Canada is cold, wolves and maple leaf. China being Meiling, not because of silly fanon but because her appearance and name obviously.

Turkey - Yuka. Because Turkish people eat a lot of those sun flower thingies (forgot exact name) and are being produced in large numbers with huge fields of them.

Prime minister Erodogan - . . . . suddenly I have a hard time replacing him with a Touhou girl. Which Touhou girl would suffice for his famous "ONE MINUTE"  line ?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:33:27 PM by Helepolis »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 09:11:42 AM »
First person to equate Sanae with Nazi Germany gets a slapped with a weisswurst.

That is all.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 09:23:16 AM »
First person to equate Sanae with Nazi Germany gets a slapped with a weisswurst.
It would be considered unfunny and summon Moderators.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 09:46:25 AM »

That is all.
So you're invoking Godwin ahead of time?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »
Mmm .... weisswurst ...

South Africa (circa Mandela presidency): Byakuren ("Can't we all get along and live together in peace guys?")

Cirno being the leader of Iceland is actually more accurate than you realize. Cirno gets laughed at as weak and is generally ignored by other Gensokyans, but she considers herself very important, and can be quite arrogant.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:19:47 AM by Tsukiko »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 01:09:04 PM »
The Netherlands - Yuyuko. Laid-back and relaxed, but surprisingly on-top of everyday events and a generally influential participant in many goings-on.

Russian Federation - Suika. Because drunk and huge. :V

[edit] This appears to be more of a "which touhou is similar to which country" as opposed to being actual leaders. Which is fine too.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 01:11:47 PM by Fightest »

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 01:11:28 PM »
Remillia would totally be the ruler of Transylvania.  :D

Tengukami

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 01:19:57 PM »
This appears to be more of a "which touhou is similar to which country" as opposed to being actual leaders. Which is fine too.

True, but, just for fun ...

Franklin D Roosevelt = Kanako. OK hear me out. Both were leaders who came with the mission to bring happiness and prosperity through their guidance; both however have incredible egos and once in power, want to stay in power; both participated in aiding war efforts elsewhere, and both are generally jolly and gregarious types.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 01:56:26 PM »

... :V

Tengukami

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 02:09:30 PM »
Surprisingly accurate. "Something's wrong? I must go see what it is and wipe out everyone in my way!"

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »

Does the US invite "incident resolved" countries to a tea party after it is over?  :V
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 03:06:53 PM »
Does the US invite "incident resolved" countries to a tea party after it is over?  :V

Tea bags are certainly involved.

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 03:43:55 PM »

A big bully who has no money. Sounds like America to me.

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »
Flandre = France (This is obvious xD)
Rumania= Alice ( I think we all have seen the littleshrimp comic...)
Germany = Koishi (Hartmann's youkai girl~~)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 04:31:04 PM »
The Netherlands - Yuyuko. Laid-back and relaxed, but surprisingly on-top of everyday events and a generally influential participant in many goings-on.

Mark Rutte (current elected Prime minister trying to form a lolfailcabinet) as Yuyuko would be actually pretty accurate. He makes everything look like "It will be all right" and in the mean while being on top of everything.

I think also you were right about the Touhou girls being the leaders and not the country. Need to edit my post previously.

Edit: There post fixed.

Shrine Maiden We Can! Now I am imagining Barrack Obama in those cloths. Someone needs to photoshop this.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:35:03 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 04:46:37 PM »
Shrine Maiden We Can! Now I am imagining Barrack Obama in those cloths. Someone needs to photoshop this.

As close as we gonna get

Tengukami

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 04:48:57 PM »
Obama is less like Reimu than the previous guy was though. I think he's more like Nitori, because of his ingenuity and resourcefulness. And his apparent inability to take a strong stance against anything.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 04:53:25 PM »

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 04:57:53 PM »
As close as we gonna get
Oh god. I lol'ed irl.

Obama is less like Reimu than the previous guy was though. I think he's more like Nitori, because of his ingenuity and resourcefulness. And his apparent inability to take a strong stance against anything.
Yea Obama is nothing like Reimu. Nitori in the form like "Anything can be discovered" is probably close. But then again I cannot place a Touhou girl instead of Obama, yet. hmmmmmm

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 04:58:23 PM »
Nah, I stand by my claim that Rumia is Belgium. Always overrun right at the start of the conflict without much show of resistance  :derp:

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 04:59:17 PM »
Obama is totally Iku. I think the similarities are apparent.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 05:16:55 PM »
Remillia would totally be the ruler of Transylvania.  :D

Transylvania is not a country, it was independent when the Ottomans invaded my country, but only for that brief period.

So, yeah, I dunno about who'd be Hungary.

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »
a bit out of topic, but I refuse to compare Brazil's current president with any of the Touhou characters. There's none of them that I could hate that much, or be so flawed. >_<
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 05:28:10 PM »
Britain is Yukari.  The old, stately lady who secretly runs everything in the background. >.> This works especially well if Reimu is America.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 05:55:42 PM »
a bit out of topic, but I refuse to compare Brazil's current president with any of the Touhou characters. There's none of them that I could hate that much, or be so flawed. >_<

:V

Britain is Yukari.  The old, stately lady who secretly runs everything in the background. >.> This works especially well if Reimu is America.
Holy shit,  Queen Yakumo. I'd say old chap. That is quite dangerous isn't it ?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 06:13:55 PM »
Britain is not just one Touhou, Moerin.

England is Kaguya. Self-important and convinced of her own power, even though the time when she actually ruled is long past.
Scotland is Mokou. Trying over and over again to escape from England's shadow, but England refuses to give way.
Wales is Reisen. Different enough that its culture is respected, but otherwise uninteresting.
Ireland is Tewi. A tiny part of it still gives in to England, but for the most part its independent and refuses to be governed by the folks at number 10.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 06:15:07 PM »
Marisa/Okuu/Reimu definitely fit America the best.
Who's North Korea. Medicine?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 06:23:13 PM »
Who's North Korea. Medicine?
Somebody suggested that Medicine is Iraq due to the toxic dust leftover from the uranium weapons :[

Yuugi for Australia! Fairly large country known for it's manly men and beer.