Author Topic: Arisu Geas: An Extraction-Contraption Expedition  (Read 97943 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Arisu Geas: An Extraction-Contraption Expedition
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2010, 07:52:28 AM »
>"Fifty Yen."

>Reidman snorts back a laugh as Shomaru gives you a confused look.
>"I think you can do a bit better than that." the polisher says.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2010, 08:36:59 AM »
>"No, I don't think I can. Pretty sure that's about what a chintzy glass jar is worth."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2010, 11:59:51 AM »
> If they don't settle for 50, then offer them 100.
> To Koishi "However you managed to shrink down like that, I may have use of info on that, especially for the 'action' bit."

PS: I have next to no idea how much 100 Yen is, or any amount really.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »
A yen's about a penny.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2010, 07:09:59 PM »
>"No, I don't think I can. Pretty sure that's about what a chintzy glass jar is worth."

>Reidman shakes his head. "Not in Gensokyo. Those things aren't mass-produced. We've basically skipped the industrial era here." He frowns for a moment, thinking. "Uh... back me up here, Sho."
>Shomaru nods, and explains. "That'd be crazy expensive for the outer world, but in Gensokyo, glass bottles aren't easy to make, and sand is difficult to come by when it's only on a few shores of the mountain rivers and the Misty Lake. Especially when the kappa are using most of it for silicon. Sorry, it'll be a bit more than you might normally expect." He frowns. "Apparently."

> If they don't settle for 50, then offer them 100.
> To Koishi "However you managed to shrink down like that, I may have use of info on that, especially for the 'action' bit."

>You try doubling your initial offer. Shomaru shakes his head. "Three hundred."

>Koishi tilts her head curiously. "'Action?' Does Marisa have a minigirl fetish?"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:15:51 PM by RosE-mouse »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2010, 07:15:09 PM »
> To Koishi "Well, if you can shrink, then you could also grow right? Maybe even make yourself more... well endowed, so to speak? And if you can do that, then so could I. Also, do I have to get the bottle for you to go genie for me, or if I let you out, would you still do the genie act?"

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2010, 07:20:46 PM »
> To Koishi "Well, if you can shrink, then you could also grow right? Maybe even make yourself more... well endowed, so to speak? And if you can do that, then so could I. Also, do I have to get the bottle for you to go genie for me, or if I let you out, would you still do the genie act?"
> Belay, it's unbecoming to be so forthright about such a desire, especially in front of those people.

Other question is fine, though.

> To Koishi: "Do I have to get the bottle for you to go genie for me, or if I let you out, would you still do the genie act?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2010, 07:23:10 PM »
>To the clerks, before talking to Koishi: "You act like it's quality glass, and not a piece of trash. People don't make bottles to be fancy or worth that much.  And I do dislike people trying to rip me off. Especially people who are already too suspicious for their own good. One hundred will be more than adequate, thank you."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2010, 07:30:33 PM »
>To the clerks, before talking to Koishi: "You act like it's quality glass, and not a piece of trash. People don't make bottles to be fancy or worth that much.  And I do dislike people trying to rip me off. Especially people who are already too suspicious for their own good. One hundred will be more than adequate, thank you."

>Shomaru frowns. "... two hundred."
>"Looks decent quality to me..." Reidman mutters.

> Belay, it's unbecoming to be so forthright about such a desire, especially in front of those people.

> To Koishi: "Do I have to get the bottle for you to go genie for me, or if I let you out, would you still do the genie act?"

>You consider being direct about your intents with the micro-satori, but manage to remember who would be listening in. Giving them more fodder is the last thing you need...

>Instead, you ask Koishi about the exact conditions of her wishes.
>She tilts her head again for a moment, then cheerfully replies, "I don't know! I never thought about that!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2010, 07:59:39 PM »
>"Well, Koishi, it looks like we won't be doing anything after all. You may think these gentlemen for dissuading me."
>Our subconscious, of course, points out this is a clever ruse to lower the price. And it would help if Koishi plays along.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2010, 08:09:46 PM »
>"Well, Koishi, it looks like we won't be doing anything after all. You may thank these gentlemen for dissuading me."
>Our subconscious, of course, points out this is a clever ruse to lower the price. And it would help if Koishi plays along.

>Koishi frowns. "Maybe I can make the glass fancier?"
>"I could go lower if you're willing to give up getting a refund if something weird happens." Shomaru says, "Apparently the bottle vanished a few times when other outworlders bought her before."

>_

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2010, 08:19:15 PM »
>"Very well."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »
>"Very well."

>Shomaru nods, then frowns at you for a moment and drums his fingers on the countertop, thinking. "... 120." he says, at length.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2010, 08:24:09 PM »
>Shomaru nods, then frowns at you for a moment and drums his fingers on the countertop, thinking. "... 120." he says, at length.

>"Did I misspeak earlier? Or are you hard of hearing? Koishi, do you think he's hard of hearing?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2010, 08:29:45 PM »
>"Did I misspeak earlier? Or are you hard of hearing? Koishi, do you think he's hard of hearing?"

>"Nuh-uh! But he really likes those trashy romance novels!"
>Reidman snickers. "She's been paying attention, I see."

>Shomaru sighs heavily. "Fine. You win. One hundred."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2010, 08:35:25 PM »
>Pay up. Claim the bottle.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2010, 08:40:30 PM »
>Pay up. Claim the bottle.

>Shomaru scowls as he looks over the cash, then nods curtly and puts it away somewhere beneath the counter.
>You have spent ?100.
>You obtain: Koishi In a Bottle

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2010, 08:54:20 PM »
>"How much for the moon stone?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2010, 08:57:12 PM »
>Mark bottle as possible Chekhov's Gun.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2010, 09:03:01 PM »
>"How much for the moon stone?"

>Shomaru consults his paper again. "Three thousand. There's still a tiny bit of charge, apparently."
>"But it'll be invaluable in sixty-five million years!" Reidman adds, with a grin.

>Mark bottle as possible Chekhov's Gun.

>You really have no idea what Koishi might have to do with The Seagull, but the writer's name comes to mind for some reason.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2010, 09:07:30 PM »
>"Hmmm. I'll take it."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2010, 09:15:11 PM »
>"Hmmm. I'll take it."

>Shomaru blinks in surprise at your prompt acceptance. "Uh, yeah. Sure thing."
>Reidman continues grinning like an idiot. "A worthy investment!"
>You have spent ?3,000.
>You obtain: Moon Stone

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2010, 09:23:49 PM »
> "You look surprised. A Moon Stone with some charge left is quite valuable, you know, and that was a fair price."
> Did we decide we had cloth available at home for alterations as well, or would we need to purchase that from the weaver?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2010, 09:54:27 PM »
>Look around. Does this place happen to carry the newpaper as well?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2010, 10:16:21 PM »
> "You look surprised. A Moon Stone with some charge left is quite valuable, you know, and that was a fair price."
> Did we decide we had cloth available at home for alterations as well, or would we need to purchase that from the weaver?

>"If you say so." Shomaru replies, putting the money away behind the counter.

>You have more than enough to modify your current outfit, and... probably about enough to modify the rest. Unless you decide to try and rival Yukari, in which case you might need a bit more to fix your whole wardrobe. You should be able to go a few days without getting more fabric, more if you reuse some of your outfits more than usual. But you'll have to restock soon after if you want to be ready for future repairs.
>Still, it'd probably be best to stop back home for sewing supplies and fabric for your current clothes if you want to be prepared for the altercation.

>Look around. Does this place happen to carry the newpaper as well?

>You don't see any copies of the newspaper lying around, but Rinnosuke seems gossipy enough to subscribe to Aya's nonsense. There might be something in the back.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2010, 10:20:51 PM »
>"Would you happen to have a newspaper?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2010, 10:30:27 PM »
>"Would you happen to have a newspaper?"

>The fanboys glance at each other.
>"Uh, well..."
>"I can get you last week's." Reidman offers, getting up and climbing over the counter.
>"You sure? Rinnosuke said..."
>"He throws them out anyway, I doubt he'll care."

>Shomaru frowns as Reidman heads through the doorway behind the counter, giving you a brief glimpse of what is definitely the same room you remember from the Korindou of several months ago.
>After half a minute or so, he comes back out carrying a slightly faded, disheveled newspaper, and reaches over the countertop to offer it to you. "Here."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2010, 10:38:48 PM »
>Take it. Flip through it.
>"Thank you."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2010, 10:58:12 PM »
> Hmm. On one hand, it would be nice to put that obnoxious old hag in her place by outdoing her. On the other, there's something to be said about keeping a figure realistic. And they'd surely be pretty heavy.
> ...Might be worth picking up a little extra fabric next time we're in the village. Just in case. No seamstress ever suffered from being over-prepared.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2010, 12:49:48 AM »
> Hmm. On one hand, it would be nice to put that obnoxious old hag in her place by outdoing her. On the other, there's something to be said about keeping a figure realistic. And they'd surely be pretty heavy.
> ...Might be worth picking up a little extra fabric next time we're in the village. Just in case. No seamstress ever suffered from being over-prepared.

>Makai hath no fury like a Yukari scorned... probably. Assuming she doesn't decide to do the same...
>You can probably get a good supply for cheap enough. You're not sure what other costs you're going to be facing getting the main prize, though.

>Take it. Flip through it.
>"Thank you."

>"You're welcome." Reidman replies, with a gleeful grin. It soon vanishes, replaced with a look of embarrassment as he heads back to his corner.

>You skim through the newspaper, and find it rather different than the Bunbunmaru you remember. Virtually every page has some sort of advertisement on it, showing off an array of goods, services, and places that you'd barely dreamed possible. You even notice two full-page advertisements: one for someplace claiming to sell 'oni-slaying sake,' and the other a rather... imposing image of Reimu reminding everyone not to mess with the year's harvest, with a note at the bottom about being a 'public service announcement.'

>The main parts of the paper are split up by several broad topics. There are a few ads and articles that catch your eye among them:

&Village News:
& Power Outage Cut Short by Fever, Heretical Academy Draws Complaints, Nightbird's Roost
&Gensokyo News:
& Things on China's Head, Mysterious Maid Cafe!, Body Found on Youkai Mountain
&Internet Report:
& Meme of the Week: Get Down, Kappature Science, Blog of Knowledge
&Homekeeping:
& Flower Power Hour, Dishwashing With Magic, ATAI STRONGEST
&Editorials:
& Gensokyo's Tech Boom, The Dangers of Overpopulation, Why Find Mima