Author Topic: Arisu Geas: An Extraction-Contraption Expedition  (Read 97033 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Arisu Geas: An Extraction-Contraption Expedition
« Reply #510 on: December 23, 2010, 05:46:35 AM »
>"Perhaps. I had it easy, I suppose. There were guards, and I had my own tricks when I was fairly young. I suppose I had friends, it's hard to say. But it was a happy enough life. I was different, but it didn't matter to me. Maybe to them."

>You avoid giving Byakuren's most pointed question a straight answer, but she still raises her eyebrows at the mention of guards. Then her eyes widen at the end of your statement...
>"It 'didn't matter' to you?" she echos. After a moment of silence, she gives you a small, warm smile.
>"That... actually makes me very happy. Who was it that helped guard you? I think, if Reimu decides to allow visits to Makai again, I may want to thank them for that."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #511 on: December 23, 2010, 06:30:57 AM »
>"Well why would it? Not like you can really stick your nose up in the air when you're the only human you've ever known."
>Do we know the names of the guards? Was it Yuki, Mai, and/or Yumeko? If so, share that.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #512 on: December 23, 2010, 07:22:57 AM »
>"Well why would it? Not like you can really stick your nose up in the air when you're the only human you've ever known."

>Byakuren keeps smiling. "And I believe that someone helping you live there as a human means that they wanted you to be accepted there, even as a human. The three that unsealed me reminded me that humans need to be accepted by youkai, as well - something my resentment had made me forget then, and that your guardian was doing by helping you. I honestly didn't expect there to be someone in Makai like that."

>Do we know the names of the guards? Was it Yuki, Mai, and/or Yumeko? If so, share that.

>The ones guarding you varied - when you were first allowed out with company, Shinki or Yumeko would usually accompany you personally, but as time went by they occasionally started having some of the forgettable servant fairies or particularly loyal demons accompany you instead. But you think that other guards you didn't know well kept an eye on you even after you were allowed out on your own - after all, you would have noticed people you were familiar with if they were stalking you, and Shinki had more than enough influence to send people to try and keep you safe. For that matter, you distinctly remember several skirmishes between servant fairies that just happened to be around town nearby and local hooligans that seemed more than coincidental.
>In any case, you're pretty certain that whoever guarded or watched over you at a given time ultimately came from Shinki's orders.

>What of this would you like to reveal?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #513 on: December 23, 2010, 07:38:02 AM »
>Shrug. "I suppose there is a point there. As for my guards; originally it was Shinki and her favorite servant, now that I think about it. Well, I suppose they were more parenting than anything, I was rather young. Then it shifted to random servants; local demons and faeries and such. Then I was left alone, but looking back I am quite certain there were hidden guards. And that they probably needed to be there from time to time."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #514 on: December 23, 2010, 08:11:14 AM »
>Shrug. "I suppose there is a point there. As for my guards; originally it was Shinki and her favorite servant, now that I think about it. Well, I suppose they were more parenting than anything, I was rather young. Then it shifted to random servants; local demons and faeries and such. Then I was left alone, but looking back I am quite certain there were hidden guards. And that they probably needed to be there from time to time."

>Byakuren closes her eyes for a moment, thinking. "Shinki... that was the ruler of Makai, correct?"
>Without waiting for an answer, she grins and laughs softly. "Oh, that's amazing. The outworlders were right, and in ways far better than I had hoped. If Reimu changes her mind about allowing Murasa's trips, I will have to show my appreciation for all of this."

>Byakuren considers for a moment, then asks, "But I'm still curious about another thing - how and why did you become a youkai?"

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #515 on: December 23, 2010, 08:18:58 AM »
> "The outsiders were right?"

> Also, why did we choose to continue to use the Grimore?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #516 on: December 23, 2010, 08:28:57 AM »
>"Somehow, I suspect the could only be right via process of elimination by doing all the possible wrong things first."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #517 on: December 23, 2010, 10:17:46 PM »
> Also, why did we choose to continue to use the Grimoire?

>After a while, Shinki allowed you to keep it for yourself, and you knew that you would need all the help you could get against the four that came from Gensokyo. But after it still failed in your first fight against Marisa, followed by a lesson about the spellcard system and a gracious invitation to try again - plus later attempts at theft, you ultimately swore to yourself not to use its full power outside of the worst life-threatening conditions, and sealed away most of the power in it. You sincerely hope that you'll never encounter a situation where you would have to consider it.

> "The outsiders were right?"
>"Somehow, I suspect they could only be right via process of elimination by doing all the possible wrong things first."

>Byakuren shakes her head. "They have assumed many strange things, but it can be amazing how much truth there is hidden among it all. The 'Touhou' games about the major Incidents here are the root of their knowledge, and what they know from those is eerily accurate. And sometimes, their speculation beyond that proves true as well." She smiles a little. "But, I am cautious enough to ask those that would really know before jumping to conclusions."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #518 on: December 23, 2010, 10:36:57 PM »
>"I do not consider their invasion or privacy to be amazing so much as another reason to send them back at once."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #519 on: December 25, 2010, 01:30:15 AM »
>"I do not consider their invasion of privacy to be amazing so much as another reason to send them back at once."

>"These are not mutually exclusive."

>Byakuren shakes her head again. "Before arriving, the outworlders had no reason to believe it was a matter of privacy: In their world, Gensokyo and its inhabitants are presented as, and thought to be, fictional." She frowns for a moment. "... even if I am not fond of many of the ways that such celebrity status has been used, I sincerely doubt that it was malicious, and as far as their world knew, it was a victimless crime in any case."
>"I do admit that many of them have difficulty adjusting to such a large change at first, but they do learn. And part of what we've been doing at the temple is helping to teach them the realities of Gensokyo, and proper behavior for meeting with people that they think they know, but really don't." She smiles. "Though, I am always pleased at how rarely they fear youkai for being youkai."
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:30:29 AM by E-Nazrin »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #520 on: December 25, 2010, 01:38:59 AM »
>"I'm amazed at their lack of respect and willingness to pollute our home with their filth. I'm still waiting, with very bated breath, for even one good thing to come out of this that can possibly outweigh how much they've ruined our home."