Author Topic: Arisu Geas: An Extraction-Contraption Expedition  (Read 97047 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Arisu Geas: An Extraction-Contraption Expedition
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 12:25:39 PM »
>"So. You want me to believe that lazy old Rinnosuke suddenly started caring, had the stole remodeled, and hired people? By the by: 14..."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 12:44:29 PM »
>"So. You want me to believe that lazy old Rinnosuke suddenly started caring, had the stole remodeled, and hired people? By the by: 14..."

>"That... but he..."

>"You say that as if he did all the work himself." the polisher-fanboy chimes in, leaning on a shelf with one arm. "You think guys like us have ANYTHING when we get here in Gensokyo? The boss started forcing new fanboys to make the place more presentable once he got up to his eyes in iPods, rather than just trading outer-world stuff for something to start off with. Too much of a good thing, even for him. He doesn't really care about the shop, just having outer-world stuff to mess around with."
>He smirks a little. "But, it wouldn't do to disappoint all his loyal fans wanting to shop at the famous Korindou... so here we are."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 01:17:48 PM »
>"Well you've disappointed me."
>Have a look at the stock.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 06:41:17 PM »
> Specifically, keep an eye out for any books.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2010, 08:40:07 PM »
>Mentally keep on the look out for a Youkai that speaks directly to flowers and plants

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2010, 08:49:31 PM »
> Keep an eye on the fanboys to make sure they don't try anything.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 09:17:57 PM »
> "Hm, I suppose that will do."
> Have Shanghai greet one of them, and take note of how that one reacts.
> Last time we came here, did Rinnosuke sell food or drink? Or was it purely objects and such?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 09:19:32 PM by MysteariousYukari »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 01:07:49 AM »
>"Well you've disappointed me."
> "Hm, I suppose that will do."

>You express your mixed disappointment and satisfaction with this answer. The fanboy at the counter heaves a big sigh of relief. The polisher one frowns at you for a moment, then nods and heads back to his corner.

> Have Shanghai greet one of them, and take note of how that one reacts.

>You direct Shanghai to curtsy in the air at the fanboy at the counter. He stares in amazement, awestruck.
>"Can... does she move on her own?" he asks, too eagerly for comfort.
>"Stop being an idiot, Shomaru." the other fanboy calls over, as he sits back down.

>Have a look at the stock.
> Keep an eye on the fanboys to make sure they don't try anything.

>Generally, keeping an eye on the creeps goes without saying. It seems like both of them warrant it, for different reasons.
>You take a look around the shop, making sure to keep half an eye on the fanboys in the meantime. The one at the counter seems nervous and watches you and Shanghai intently, but doesn't move much. The one polishing the statue in the corner mostly stares at his work, but you catch him glancing up at you a few times.

>Currently on display inside Korindou:

& Jar of Bean Paste
& iPod Mini
& Spotted Yellow Bandanna
& Jar of Chewable Vitamins
& Gold Unicorn Statue
& Magic Fry Pan
& Leather Whip
& USB Stick
& Tibetan Passport
& Silver Ring
& Rubber Gloves
& Hello Kitty Purse
& Mu Fetish
& Brass Tanuki Statue
& Koishi In a Bottle
& Whirring Ioun Stone
& All-You-Can-Eat Coupon
& Unmelting Ice
& Broken Wristwatch
& Plastic Bag of Plastic Bags
& Scotsman's Skullcutter
& Small Electric Fan
& Maid Headdress
& Phantasmagoria of Flower View
& Moon Stone
& Magic Marker
& Broken Antenna
& Dried Gecko Skin
& Purple Basketball
& Ghostbusters T-Shirt
& Spiral Notebook
& Chipped Plate

>The fanboy at the counter notices you looking around, and says, "If you want to know more about anything, feel free to ask. Rinnosuke left us some notes from when he ID'd them."

>Mentally keep on the look out for a Youkai that speaks directly to flowers and plants

>No sign of Yuuka here. She doesn't leave her field often, thankfully.

> Last time we came here, did Rinnosuke sell food or drink? Or was it purely objects and such?

>Korindou is basically a glorified pawn shop; he'll take and sell whatever he comes across or catches his fancy. Food and drink are uncommon, but sometimes they show up.
>The Jar of Bean Paste looks like it should be edible, at a glance.

> Specifically, keep an eye out for any books.

>You don't see any real books, but if Rinnosuke is still in charge of this shop, you know he wouldn't part with them lightly enough to leave them on display. They're probably in the back somewhere. Though there is that one the fanboy left on the counter...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 02:42:30 AM by RosE-mouse »

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 02:55:53 AM »
>No sign of Yuuka here. She doesn't leave her field often, thankfully.
I said talks to flowers, not grows them :3c

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 02:58:34 AM »
I said talks to flowers, not grows them :3c

>These are not mutually exclusive.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2010, 03:06:30 AM »
> Examine Phantasmagoria of Flower view
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:35:27 AM by Doll Maiden.S »

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2010, 03:20:29 AM »
>Examing & Mu Fetish. & Brass Tanuki Statue, & Koishi In a Bottle
I tried googling the first one. Don't. Also, for some reason I have a feeling they're related to each other somehow (again, if you don't know, don't ask.)

>Also examing Coupon, Notebook, Marker, and possibly frying pan for the list of stuff we probably need.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2010, 03:24:20 AM »
> Examine Silver Ring, Moon Stone and Ghostbusters T-Shirt. For the T-Shirt, make sure to note its size and compare it to what we might wear.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 04:04:59 AM »
> Take a look at Phantasmagoria of Flower view

>Examing & Mu Fetish. & Brass Tanuki Statue, & Koishi In a Bottle

>Also examing Coupon, Notebook, Marker, and possibly frying pan for the list of stuff we probably need.

> Examine Silver Ring, Moon Stone and Ghostbusters T-Shirt. For the T-Shirt, make sure to note its size and compare it to what we might wear.

&Phantasmagoria of Flower View
& A small rectangular box made of some sort of plastic, barely a quarter inch thick. Beneath the front plastic, there's a colorful piece of paper with "Touhou Oriental Flower Viewing Mound" written on the front in Japanese, and "Phantasmagoria of Flower View" written in English below it, backed by an unfamiliar silhouette that seems to be wearing an elaborate hat. At the bottom is another brief snippet of English reading "9th Touhou Project."

&Mu Fetish
& A small humanoid carving made out of a dark blue stone, with small gems for eyes. It's lanky, and slumped over in a rather apathetic pose. You can feel a sort of dark magic from it...
>You recognize the style of magic enough to guess that it's some sort of voodoo instrument, but you don't think you're skilled enough to use it safely.

&Brass Tanuki Statue
& A waist-height brass statue of a tanuki, standing upright with a curious look on its masked face. Oversized testicles included. Thankfully the fanboy isn't polishing that part.

&Koishi In a Bottle
& Somehow, the closed-eye satori that Marisa encountered after the trip underground has gotten shrunk down to about two inches in height and stuck in a glass jar on one of the shelves, watching you with an amused smile. What the hell is she doing here?

&All-You-Can-Eat Coupon
& A paper with a hastily scrawled note on it claiming it to be good for "all you can eat for one fourthmeal," at some place called 'Nightbird's Roost.' Also signed by a 'Mystia Lorelei.'

&Spiral Notebook
& A bunch of papers bound by a metal wire, with a thick black page marking the front and a dull brown back. It looks a little ratty.

&Magic Marker
& A white stick of sorts, one end covered in a black cap. It looks like the new style of pens that the fanboys brought over, but much thicker. "Magic Marker" is written on the side in black, along with a lot of other specific details and warnings.

&Magic Fry Pan
& An ordinary-looking metal frying pan. You can feel traces of an unfamiliar magic from it.

&Silver Ring
& A small silver ring, slightly large for your hands. You... aren't sure if it's enchanted. Very weakly, if it is.

&Moon Stone
& A smooth, silver-colored rock with a soft white glow that reminds you of the moon.
> Moon Stones can store solar energy to be used as a power source, but usually take years to charge to useful levels. This one's near dry.

&Ghostbusters T-Shirt
& A black t-shirt with a crossed-out person wearing a sheet on the front. Beneath it is the word "Ghostbusters," with the O replaced with the same crossed-out person.
>It'd be a bit large, but it wouldn't really get in the way. Generally not your style, though...

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 04:34:22 AM »
> Ask the fanboys about all the items that you just examined.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2010, 05:00:27 AM »
> That shirt could come in handy should we need temporary clothing to cover ourselves after our planned physical alteration, tacky as it may be. Best keep it in mind.
> We can do the proper alterations to our own clothing, right? Since we're such a great seamstress and all.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2010, 05:25:21 AM »
> Ask the fanboys about all the items that you just examined.

>You begin your interrogations, mostly focusing on the one behind the counter. He pulls out a sheet of paper from beneath the counter and scans it regularly as he explains them in turn:

>"Oh, PoFV? Yeah, we get a lot of copies of the games. That one's about the flower incident when Komachi got lazy about ferrying spirits over to Higan."
>"I think she'd know that already." the other fanboy cuts in, gruffly.

>Shomaru frowns when you ask about the Mu Fetish. "Uh... apparently that's an idol to a god of nothingness. Rinnosuke said it was some sort of voodoo fetish, too."
>The other blows on the statue for a moment, then adds, "And I can feel the curses oozing from it."

>"I'm pretty sure it's not for sale." the polishing fanboy interrupts, before Shomaru can answer you about the tanuki statue. "Besides, I'm not sure you could get it out of here."
>Shomaru frowns. "Well, technically it is, but apparently Yukari likes having it here, so..."
>There's an uncomfortable silence before the other fanboy finishes the thought. "... right."

>"What? Koishi snuck in here again? Damnit!"
>"I keep telling you not to bother. She brings herself in whenever no one's looking." The polisher shoots Koishi a dirty look. "Or when no one notices."
>Koishi sticks out her tongue in response.
>"She's been doing that for a while now." Shomaru explains. "Whenever I try to let her go outside, she'll just vanish and end up in here in a day or two." He sighs. "And whenever a guy tries to, uh, buy her, she vanishes from the jar as soon as they're out of the door."
>"I keep telling you!" Koishi calls out, voice high-pitched and muffled in her current condition, "I'm here as a genie for what every girl wants! Not guys!"
>The fanboy at the counter sighs again. "I don't think I want to know what she means, but if you want to risk finding out..."

>"The coupon? Mystia really wanted the--"
>The polishing fanboy clears his throat loudly.
>"... right, confidentiality." Shomaru says, sheepishly. "Um, Mystia traded that in last night. But she really doesn't want it to end up in Yuyuko's hands, for, uh, understandable reasons."
>"But no promises." the other fanboy says, smirking.

>"That notebook's used, of course. I think they're Econ 101 notes? Reidman, do you know?"
>"No clue."
>Shomaru shrugs.

>"It's a magic marker. Uh... I'm not sure what to say?"
>"Big pen. Lasts forever. Smells nasty, makes you high."
>"I thought you said she knew stuff like that already?"
>Reidman snorts.

>"Rinnosuke said the frying pan's supposed to be used as a weapon."
>"And enchanted for it, I can tell." Reidman adds. "Good weight on that thing." He grins. "I swear, it's gotta be an Earthbound reference."
>"You think EVERYTHING is an Earthbound reference."
>"Shaddap."

>"The ring? I think that's just a ring."
>"I swear there's something magical to it." Reidman insists. "I just can't read it, it's so weak."

>"Apparently the stone's a battery or something?"
>"Does it charge faster than in CT?" Reidman asks, with a smirk.
>"What?"
>"Plebe."

>"Oh, uh, the shirt's mine." Shomaru says, sheepishly. "Needed a little something to get started, you know?"
>He does seem the right size for it.

> That shirt could come in handy should we need temporary clothing to cover ourselves after our planned physical alteration, tacky as it may be. Best keep it in mind.
> We can do the proper alterations to our own clothing, right? Since we're such a great seamstress and all.

>That's something resembling a use for it...
>You could, but you don't have the materials or equipment handy to do it effectively. Your sewing kit is still at home, and you'd have to take the fabric for expansion from somewhere else on your outfit unless you bring some of that, too. It wouldn't work very well unless you got the right materials beforehand.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2010, 05:34:50 AM »
> Point the Broken Antenna out to the one that bitched about EarthBound references. Then pray he gets hit with PSI StarStorm Omega.
> We would indeed need the materials, but more important is knowing we have the skills to make the proper alterations. Good, the lesser details seem to be coming along nicely. Now if only the major obstacle was already cleared...
> Recall known fabric sale locations.
> Ugh, the shirt belonged to HIM? So much for that idea.
> Recall known information about "Komachi".
> Is Koishi's bottle sealed?
> To Koishi: "'Sup?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2010, 06:38:35 AM »
> Point the Broken Antenna out to the one that bitched about EarthBound references. Then pray he gets hit with PSI StarStorm Omega.
> We would indeed need the materials, but more important is knowing we have the skills to make the proper alterations. Good, the lesser details seem to be coming along nicely. Now if only the major obstacle was already cleared...
> Recall known fabric sale locations.
> Ugh, the shirt belonged to HIM? So much for that idea.
> Recall known information about "Komachi".
> Is Koishi's bottle sealed?
> To Koishi: "'Sup?"

>"Man, you have no idea how much I've wanted to stick that in Nitori's backpack and see what happens"

>You'll have to tweak the rest of our outfits at home as well, and you've heard rumors of back pain, but it could be worthwhile! Now if only you could find a lead...
>You have a good rapport with the weaver at the human village: your main source of income, most of the time, is putting together pieces of clothing to sell to the general store. Or directly to people, if a request catches your fancy.
>Of course, you also keep material for repairing clothes for yourself and your dolls at home. There should be plenty available.

>It looks like it was probably washed, but still... ew.

>Hmm... you think Marisa mentioned the name 'Komachi' a few times, but you don't really remember much else about her. You think the name first came up just after the 60 years' flower incident, so at least that lines up...

>Koishi's bottle is made of clear glass, plugged with a cork stopper with tiny airholes. It might take some effort to remove, but it should be doable.
>"Hello~" Koishi sings back, waving a tiny arm, "You're the doll lady that wants to get in Marisa's bloomers, right?"
>Damnit, not this again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2010, 06:39:13 AM »
>Examine the Scotsman's Skullsplitter.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2010, 06:44:39 AM »
> To Koishi: "Why, you want that action to yourself?"
> Smirk.
> "So what's up with the bottle? What kinda racket you runnin' here?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2010, 06:51:42 AM »
>Examine the Scotsman's Skullsplitter.

&Scotsman's Skullcutter
& A massive battle-axe, almost as tall as you! Both blades are tinted with dried blood, and despite the mostly-wooden handle, it looks very heavy. It'd probably take a few dolls to carry this comfortably, let alone wield it.

> To Koishi: "Why, you want that action to yourself?"
> Smirk.
> "So what's up with the bottle? What kinda racket you runnin' here?"

>You decide to play along with the miniature satori. Denials never worked with Marisa, after all. Though the raised eyebrows from the fanboys leave you a little uncomfortable...
>Koishi laughs at your question. "I dunno! Would you share?"
>"And I told you, I'm a genie in a bottle! But there's just one wish I'm gonna grant..." she smiles mischievously. "Though it might help you with that bloomer entry~"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 07:02:16 AM »
>"Can you get out of there yourself?"
>"In fact, how'd you get in there?"

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2010, 07:08:39 AM »
>"Can you get out of there yourself?"
>"In fact, how'd you get in there?"

>"I put myself in here, silly! Of course I can get out!"

>Shomaru sighs. "I really have no idea what her deal is, but I don't like that grin she gets."
>Koishi gives you one as an example. It is... mildly unsettling, yes.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2010, 07:13:49 AM »
> "But how'd you do the shrink thing?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2010, 07:15:31 AM »
>To the clerks: "So, if you don't want her here, it's no problem if I just help myself to this, right?"
>Gesture toward the bottle.
>If she can make herself tiny, she may well have useful knowledge in the realm of body modifications.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2010, 07:23:12 AM »
> "But how'd you do the shrink thing?"

>Koishi puts a hand on her chest and nods solemnly. "Trade secret."

>To the clerks: "So, if you don't want her here, it's no problem if I just help myself to this, right?"
>Gesture toward the bottle.
>If she can make herself tiny, she may well have useful knowledge in the realm of body modifications.

>Shomaru frowns. "Well, I don't have much of a problem with it, but Rinnosuke said to still charge for the jar... even if both keep showing up when we're not looking." He shakes his head. "Shouldn't be much though."
>That's true. Whether she'll share it, though...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2010, 07:32:23 AM »
>"What trade is that? And yeah, I can always use an extra jar."

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2010, 07:44:28 AM »
>"What trade is that? And yeah, I can always use an extra jar."

>"What is this, Zelda?"

>"Good question!" Koishi replies, smiling.
>Shomaru runs his finger down the paper he took from behind the counter. After a moment, he says, "Make me an offer."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2010, 07:48:53 AM »
>"Fifty Yen."