Author Topic: This character makes me think of...  (Read 3278 times)

AuNaturel

• Winter is incoming...
  • Identified Romantic Flyer
This character makes me think of...
« on: October 08, 2010, 07:18:41 PM »
I recently took a shining to Komachi Onozuka since I started playing Hisoutensoku, and her character paints a picture in my head!  She causes me to think of a field of wheat surrounded by maple trees on a hill overlooking a lake in the fall during sunset (that's a mouthful  :V). 

After noticing this I began to wonder what other people pictured when they thought of other characters.

So, name some characters that can paint pictures in your head! (I'm sure I'm not the only one)
[img width= height=]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8426/sig1xu.jpg[/img]

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: This character makes me think of...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 07:21:07 PM »
Yumemi makes me think of strawberries.

Sanae, oddly, does not make me think of snakes or frogs. When I think of her, I think of stars.

And Suika makes me think of fireworks.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 07:44:11 PM »
Tenshi brings a ton of images to mind; a beach, a cafe veranda, a train station...I blame it on the endless remixing of her themes.

Other than that, I can't really say they don't remind me of anything that wasn't already primed by the games or fanart (heck, even the previous example was based off the songs).
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 07:59:26 PM »
Kaguya reminds me of the night, which I guess is pretty obvious. But Reimu always reminds me of headphones for some reason. I really cannot explain why this is. I always imagine quality headphones, playing some clean, delicious beats.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 09:26:01 PM »
Orange makes me think of cheerleaders, or those parade people with the batons.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 12:08:22 AM »
Sanae makes me think of hugs, and some people here knows the reason why. :V

Daiyosei makes me think of my dreams where I can fly naturally, being weightless and free. All other fairies makes me think and remember my childhood.

Patchy makes me think of my cousin, because my cousin is Patchy. (wait what)

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 12:11:06 AM »
Koishi makes me think of delicious, amazing food. (Koishi the Loving Gourmet can be blamed for this.)

Satori's always made me think of a dusty, often-closed house full of interesting things.

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 12:22:48 AM »
Letty reminds me of winter.   :derp:

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 01:53:51 AM »
Letty reminds me of winter.   :derp:
I never would've guessed that  :V

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 02:43:17 AM »
Marisa makes me think of a castle in the middle of the night~~ (with lotsa stars~~ and lightings~~)

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 03:04:57 AM »
Reimu: pinneapple candy. all since who found a lolipop called "yingyang" color red-white.
Yuyuko: all things who are pink and sweet-fluffy, like cottoncandy, bubblegum, baby lotion color pink (this one http://www.eliaspharmacy.com.au/admin/products/1168394555DSC01516.JPG ...remind me that scent XD)
Flandre: Candy, licorice exactly.
Rinnosuke: that boxes who have expencive-fine cookies or sweets.Rice.ice cream. and the another white meat XD
Shisuha :potato ships.maybe becaue dry leafs sound like potato ships XD
EX Keine : Peppermint things.
Keine: Menthol drops
Letty: Violets. And that ice formations who looks exactly  like her hair.

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 05:03:30 AM »
Shou reminds me of a Tiger  :V
No seriously though, she does remind me of a jungle.  She has a flower on her head that's like the canopy and that lantern is like the eye of a predator setting and waiting to strike you.  And her spear is the predator.

Halca

• Kawaii Bastard
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 05:16:17 AM »
Alice makes me think of the scent of a new book, also doll joints.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 01:56:43 PM »
Reimu makes me think of warm, summer rain at night. Marisa makes me think of cold spring mornings. Meiling makes me think of mountain hiking. Alice makes me think of Metallica.

ArteShy

• Sure you're straight dash....
  • ...I totally believe you
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 11:15:29 AM »

Shisuha :potato ships.maybe becaue dry leafs sound like potato ships XD
INSERT RANDOM CD-I REFERENCE

My ship sails in the morning!

END OF RANDOM CD-I REFERENCE

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 09:24:20 PM »
Shou reminds me of a final boss. I think she really looks like one. Maybe it's her complex design.

Alice reminds me of... hm.. Dolls? :V Well, I can't think of anything else, really. Maybe fantasy, because she is a reference to alice in wonderland and all.

Tatara reminds me of a rainbows and the master of all tsukumogami.

Ichirin reminds me of nuns! You'd never guess that.

Tenshi for some reason reminds me of the 4 classic elements.

And patchouli reminds me of those people with strong psychic powers.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »
Reimu makes me think of dancing, thanks to Bad Apple!! (And Dress)
Yuyuko makes me think of something old and delicate, like an antique blanket, also WAVE's epic remix.
Alice makes me think of old marionettes, also Charles Dickens.
The Yama makes me think of confession and morality.
Tewi makes me think of anyone I know that irritates me... usually family members.
Ran makes me think of Okami, also one of the administrators of the SRB2MB.
Reisen makes me think of migraines.
Flandre makes me think of blood. Big surprise there.
Remilia makes me think of a Victorian spinster.

Kaguya reminds me of quite a bit more than most of the other touhou characters. The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter is one of my favorite folk tales. I encountered it first in Okami, and then read up on it on the internet. Re-encountered it in Touhou (or a variation of it, to be more accurate), and a remix of Kaguya's theme, "Hourai no Omoi Jin" was the inspiration for my choice in a storytelling project. The very melancholy, fairy-tale sound of the song fit perfectly for what I had in mind for a children's story... a magical, bittersweet tale of love and responsibility. The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter was also the theme for my sketchbook, whose covers are painted in bamboo, whose buttons are golden flowers, whose signatures progress from a bamboo forest closer to the moon, whose interiors represent abstract designs themed on the five treasures.

---

Although I think the inverse of this topic might be more interesting. I think I've rambled on too long to devote any space to derailing the thread.

Bloom Nobly~