Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F  (Read 198680 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F
« Reply #720 on: March 14, 2011, 07:16:12 PM »
I didn't cheat on my first playthrough.
Yeah, but normally I see you telling people to cheat at everything! >=P. I think you're just getting lazy/tired, given up trying to figure out a way to cheat at the main menu.

Alice's drop item also drops off random encounter mobs on floors 7 and 14 (albeit with low drop rates), so I wouldn't be too concerned with getting it. It's not THAT amazing...
Yeah.. I never get those. Well by 14th floor it's pretty "meh". It IS pretty amazing when you first get it at floor 4 though, far better than anything else available.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #721 on: March 14, 2011, 08:17:39 PM »
I'd only like it for the DTH resistance and I'm already farming Wraiths so :V

Besides it's my first playthough, so I'm not too interested on rare drops as I am on getting XP and Skill Points.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #722 on: March 14, 2011, 08:28:34 PM »
I'd only like it for the DTH resistance and I'm already farming Wraiths so :V

Besides it's my first playthough, so I'm not too interested on rare drops as I am on getting XP and Skill Points.

Don't farm Wraiths. Farm on 7F. Mirages drop Ring of Hades and Memorised Knowledges drop Forbidden Tablet, and 80% of the formations on the floor have at least one of the two.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #723 on: March 14, 2011, 09:22:40 PM »
I honestly never use ring of hades too often. I put on like 2 or 3 for Yuyuko's opening party and that's it (2-3 total, not each). It's normally pretty easy to have decent death resist without them, and just adding them to whatever offers none to each of your naturally dth-resistant party members should make them all immune.

As the fight goes on, she probably wont cast it again until she's already virtually dead. I just sell all but a few for dem skillpoints >=)

« Reply #724 on: March 17, 2011, 03:13:01 PM »
Okay, Miss Shikieiki cheats.. or I think she cheats. 1st attempt: somehow keeping Komachi alive for her to eat each Last Judgment (I am quite sure it is sad when you WANT her attacks to hit other people) then about nine million HP down she focuses then proceeds to send me back to the game over screen. Shrugged, tried again, counting the damage I am doing. Happened again after doing 10,237,107 damage. 3rd attempt.. 8,873,912 damage.  Just need to confirm once she reaches a certain amount of HP does she has a chance to focus then use Bar of Ten Kings? And one more thing.. just how much HP Yuka has left when she uses focus? In that time I can drop about just over 2,700,000 damage but it just does not seem enough.. and I loathe trying to do this over and over again for the very nice dress she drops.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #725 on: March 17, 2011, 03:20:29 PM »
Yuka focuses when she's low on health (relatively) don't remember the exact number sorry.
Eiki... She can focus on the 2nd turn If she feels like it iirc, she's mean. Basically keep trying but don't waste time counting HP (seriously, am I the only guy who never does that!?) just nukenukenuke.

« Reply #726 on: March 17, 2011, 03:51:55 PM »
...Wait a sec. So you are saying she can just obliterate me anytime she wants!? Well... that throws my defensive style playing out of the window. As for Yuka, I was VERY lucky with Debilitate spam and it killed her magic stat, so Meiling was able to take one Master Spark and switched in Flandre for the kill.. now just asking myself do I want to subject myself to that fight again for her drop?

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #727 on: March 17, 2011, 05:03:56 PM »
...Wait a sec. So you are saying she can just obliterate me anytime she wants!? Well... that throws my defensive style playing out of the window. As for Yuka, I was VERY lucky with Debilitate spam and it killed her magic stat, so Meiling was able to take one Master Spark and switched in Flandre for the kill.. now just asking myself do I want to subject myself to that fight again for her drop?

You get a free one later on, although it's a fairly awesome magic-based character drop.

For Shiki, just bring along high-mind attackers, so you can minimize healing.  Pump Komachi's affinities up a lot.  I think I had her affinities sitting around 300ish

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #728 on: March 17, 2011, 05:47:53 PM »
Yuuka actually has 115m HP, but once you bring her HP to 102.5m, she focuses and her HP resets to 2.5m (no matter what it was before), and then she will only use a Focus -> Master Spark -> Focus -> Master Spark -. Repeat pattern. With 32 PAR resistance, it means she's basically guaranteed to get that Focus off, but it will always reset her HP to 2.5m.

As for Eiki, she just has 14m HP, and she will use Last Judgment every 5 turns. Also, when her HP is below 50% (that is, 7m), and it has been 3 or less turns since she last used Last Judgment, she has a 20% chance to use Focus and Game Over you on the next turn (this is mainly so Bar of Ten Kings doesn't interrupt her normal Last Judgment attack - not sure why), so basically unlike Yuuka, she can use it any time she wants once her HP goes below half. It's pretty much entirely up to chance whether she fires it with 6.5m HP left or she doesn't fire it off at all.

« Reply #729 on: March 18, 2011, 12:11:31 PM »
Yay, took both out, and for Eiki just said screw it and bumped Meling's HP to 89k (so. Many. Skill points...) Now only Okuu stands in my way, and.. well. I think I am just gonna leave her alone till everyone is in their lower to upper 270's. Even then I'll probably get screw over (Unchained Reactionx3 + Giga Flare =  overkill..

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #730 on: March 20, 2011, 12:04:19 AM »
Yay, took both out, and for Eiki just said screw it and bumped Meling's HP to 89k (so. Many. Skill points...) Now only Okuu stands in my way, and.. well. I think I am just gonna leave her alone till everyone is in their lower to upper 270's. Even then I'll probably get screw over (Unchained Reactionx3 + Giga Flare =  overkill..

You can always try Tenshi's Sword of Rapture (just don't use her to tank).

Mayson

• The future... A new age!
« Reply #731 on: March 20, 2011, 06:32:26 PM »
You can always try Tenshi's Sword of Rapture (just don't use her to tank).

Huh, why not? Out of all characters Tenshi has the highest defense and mind. With the right item you can also push her element affinities up. The only problem is her speed.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #732 on: March 20, 2011, 07:38:46 PM »
Doesn't Giga Flare ignore defense? I doubt Tenshi's paltry HP allows her to survive that without crapton of MYS affinity.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #733 on: March 21, 2011, 04:51:17 AM »
After a week of Playing White being busy with other things, I finally got back into this game again. Had to grind to reimu 226 before I could take out Baal Avatar =\ (recommended level says 210+). Komachi definitely saved my butt here, but in a way I was not expecting: PAR-hax. Yeah, landed the PAR on Baal twice, the second one landing during his berserker mode. Because of the PAR I could swap in my nukes and blow him off pretty quickly :V Also, buffing my nukes with Ran before attacking Baal helped a lot, too. Although I don't know if I would have won without the PAR-hax, but I'm not complaining (no drop either, but I don't wanna go through that again).

Doesn't Giga Flare ignore defense? I doubt Tenshi's paltry HP allows her to survive that without crapton of MYS affinity.

I believe Giga Flare does ignore Def / Mind. Hooray for Komachi?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #734 on: March 21, 2011, 05:55:57 AM »
After a week of Playing White being busy with other things, I finally got back into this game again. Had to grind to reimu 226 before I could take out Baal Avatar =\ (recommended level says 210+). Komachi definitely saved my butt here, but in a way I was not expecting: PAR-hax. Yeah, landed the PAR on Baal twice, the second one landing during his berserker mode. Because of the PAR I could swap in my nukes and blow him off pretty quickly :V Also, buffing my nukes with Ran before attacking Baal helped a lot, too. Although I don't know if I would have won without the PAR-hax, but I'm not complaining (no drop either, but I don't wanna go through that again)

Baal Avatar goes berserk at 3m HP down. What I did was count my damage carefully and start using Ran to buff up everyone to crazy porprotions after I've dealt about 2.8-2.9m or so damage, then go wild after that. But yeah, it wasn't a pretty fight - Flan was the only character left after a Demon Slashing Dance and she Laevatein'd for the win :P

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #735 on: March 21, 2011, 07:54:02 AM »
I give up trying to survive Eiki's Final Judgement. Every time I play this game, I start spending all my skillpoints into China's HP stat earlier and earlier, mroe and more, I even switch to spending level up bonuses to HP for the last 20-30 levels or so. Put on ethos of bodybuilding, and an anima crystal (and kept her palisen files on). And I STILL didn't have enough hp to survive her stinking 87.9 effing k nukes... I think tossing useless characters at the front is just the way to go from now on. And there are lots of useless characters for Eiki with her hax resistances across the board, and super zomg spirit resist and such. But yeah, anyway, beat her again no thanks to china who died faster than a cheap hooker joke reference, why do I even try.

Don't tell me to use komachi, I know she's good at that sorta thing, she's not in my party though, and I have a no use characters just for certain fights policy.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #736 on: March 21, 2011, 10:13:27 AM »
You should love all the characters equally :V

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #737 on: March 21, 2011, 02:35:25 PM »
You should love all the characters equally :V

Finding use for a character that is otherwise ill suited for a particular battle is a form of loving too :V

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #738 on: March 22, 2011, 04:40:29 AM »
I give up trying to survive Eiki's Final Judgement. Every time I play this game, I start spending all my skillpoints into China's HP stat earlier and earlier, mroe and more, I even switch to spending level up bonuses to HP for the last 20-30 levels or so. Put on ethos of bodybuilding, and an anima crystal (and kept her palisen files on). And I STILL didn't have enough hp to survive her stinking 87.9 effing k nukes... I think tossing useless characters at the front is just the way to go from now on. And there are lots of useless characters for Eiki with her hax resistances across the board, and super zomg spirit resist and such. But yeah, anyway, beat her again no thanks to china who died faster than a cheap hooker joke reference, why do I even try.

Don't tell me to use komachi, I know she's good at that sorta thing, she's not in my party though, and I have a no use characters just for certain fights policy.

You could try throwing a Hourai Elixir up every time Last Judgment is about to come around.
That, or get rid of Pailsen Files, grind up more skillpoints, add a Life-Support System and pump her HP even more.

« Reply #739 on: March 22, 2011, 06:16:15 AM »
After much crying and running ( 28F can suckle a mound of phallus's for all I care, that floor is evil!) made it to the 30F... and was greeted by Chen.

Thought process: "okay, so all the fights on this floor are V3- oh mother of god she just ripped though Meiling like paper what the **** is-" game over screen. Blinking at my very fast demise went ahead and went back, this time greeted by Yuugi. "Okay. "Try this" *watches Meling get one shotted by Supernatural Phenomenon by double her HP* .....Just what level my girls will have to be just to stand a chance on this accursed floor? And let me guess, 27F best place for grinding those levels?

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #740 on: March 22, 2011, 06:36:52 AM »
You'll want to be in the upper 300's before you consistantly take on the 30F enemies. Even then, Chen V3 might still kill you; she's definitely one of the most dangerous targets you can run into.

Personally, for a long while I just ran away from most fights on the 30F, and only killed those with really good drops, like Rinnosuke, Yukari, and Yuka V3. 27F is just so awesome for grinding due to the skill points from the Liliths.

« Reply #741 on: March 22, 2011, 06:45:11 AM »
300's? Okay, not too far then, avg level for people is 283. And speaking of Chen she is stalking me now... 4 out of 7 fights have been her, and it really, really sucks to watch your team be decimated before any of em get a turn. And this is where I hit the massive grind wall.. no problem,  FF XI's Lu Shangs/Ebisu fishing rods has taught me to be very, very patent with things like this.

« Reply #742 on: March 22, 2011, 05:34:55 PM »
Alright, off and on I have been grinding on floor 20.  Reimu is level 200 (i do not use her in active party so my main party may be a bit higher).  Is there any better leveling places besides floor 20?  Thanks

Oh and to fix my black screen issue, I just rolled back to an older driver.  Stupid updates T.T

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #743 on: March 22, 2011, 06:39:21 PM »
You could try throwing a Hourai Elixir up every time Last Judgment is about to come around.
That, or get rid of Pailsen Files, grind up more skillpoints, add a Life-Support System and pump her HP even more.

Yeah I know, she's not in my party either though. And I also have a no grinding until floor 20 and 27/30 policy >=P

After much crying and running ( 28F can suckle a mound of phallus's for all I care, that floor is evil!) made it to the 30F... and was greeted by Chen.
30f is not a place you actually want to hang around in until you do excessive amounts of grinding first, it's the game's only real grindwall. 20f is more like a grind...step, 30f is a blood spattered wall.
But yeah 28F floor trash is nasty, but...but... if you're lucky you'll get a gold cloth.. AN EFFING GOLD CLOOOTTTHHHH!!! yeah.

You'll want to be in the upper 300's before you consistantly take on the 30F enemies. Even then, Chen V3 might still kill you; she's definitely one of the most dangerous targets you can run into.

Personally, for a long while I just ran away from most fights on the 30F, and only killed those with really good drops, like Rinnosuke, Yukari, and Yuka V3. 27F is just so awesome for grinding due to the skill points from the Liliths.
I find Kaggy's egg is pretty nice too for certain characters >=), as well as Alice's necronomicon...Alice is rather painful to fight though. Not so much for difficulty as long and tedious to kill.

300's? Okay, not too far then, avg level for people is 283
he said high 300s, I don't really recall what levels I was exactly either, but yeah.. high.. >350. And measure levels by reimu's level, not average, which is kinda good in a sense since she's no doubt higher than average unless you got like team9 or something.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #744 on: March 22, 2011, 10:47:26 PM »
Alright, off and on I have been grinding on floor 20.  Reimu is level 200 (i do not use her in active party so my main party may be a bit higher).  Is there any better leveling places besides floor 20?  Thanks

Oh and to fix my black screen issue, I just rolled back to an older driver.  Stupid updates T.T

I prefer 24F for my grinding needs, as Existence Haters drop Portable Makoto Itos, which boost all ailment resistances by 13 (as well as boost TP and REC by 13), which helps a lot in making my characters status-retardant. Evil Jewels are even faster than strategists are, though (748 player speed). Hell Lanterns are pretty durable and are tough to take out if you're not prepared for them as well.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #745 on: March 23, 2011, 01:43:47 AM »
Orin and Mystia do make grinding on 24F way more manageable once they outspeed the major threats.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #746 on: March 25, 2011, 02:15:53 PM »
Man, fighting Rinnosuke again reminded of how much I hated fighting him, especially his initial form. (In one attempt he Rasetsu Fist'd Minoriko in the face before I can even move)

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #747 on: March 26, 2011, 07:58:05 PM »
Uh, while we're talking about LoT here, what exactly happened to Meiling's "Mountain Breaker" animation? It seems to be missing a segment..
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Udongein

« Reply #748 on: March 26, 2011, 09:17:03 PM »
Uh, while we're talking about LoT here, what exactly happened to Meiling's "Mountain Breaker" animation? It seems to be missing a segment..
So is Youmu's Slash of Eternity. It's just a broken graphic problem in Special Disk.
I don't think it's been fixed, either. It's not really a problem, though.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #749 on: March 27, 2011, 01:20:41 AM »
Does anyone know a formula or something to convert displayed character SPD into database SPD (ie. the actual amount of gauge filled for a character per tick)?