Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F  (Read 197474 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Labyrinth of Touhou 6F
« on: September 20, 2010, 08:30:22 PM »
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:27:27 AM by Rumia »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 11:11:10 PM »
So, last post was talking about Eientei battle wasn't it?

You don't need to cheat for Patchy, Iku and Tenshi to totally wall them - just some defense boost will do. In fact, the battle was extremely easy for me partly because so many members I have take 0 damage from everything, and partly because how easy they are to paralyze in general, and when Kaguya's down you're safe to debuff them all the way down to crap so you can do even more damage.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 12:52:39 AM »
So, last post was talking about Eientei battle wasn't it?

You don't need to cheat for Patchy, Iku and Tenshi to totally wall them - just some defense boost will do. In fact, the battle was extremely easy for me partly because so many members I have take 0 damage from everything, and partly because how easy they are to paralyze in general, and when Kaguya's down you're safe to debuff them all the way down to crap so you can do even more damage.
Yeah, Reimu level 50's a good level for the fight.  Thundercloud Stickleback + Royal Flare = They're already dead.

Also, I'd like to thank Squid for making this possible. :V
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 07:54:01 PM by Esoterica »

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 11:19:16 PM »
....holy fuck. You are a madman. (Also, what do you use to record?)

On another note, I think the maps linked from the JP wiki are broken. Whenever I click the translated link on the Touhou Wiki, it goes to Google Translate, not the website.

...if that's true, I'm screwed.

All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »
> Shank Parsee for shanking us.

Why would that be again Squid? 10-12F or 16F+?

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 11:54:06 PM »
I hate mazes, so pretty much any floor.

I'm on 13F at the moment, so it's not horrible, but I don't like wasting time and not knowing where to go.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 12:05:05 AM »
13F is the teleporters right? I hated it for the mooks, and wandered while leveling up. You'll get it.

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 12:25:37 AM »
On another note, I think the maps linked from the JP wiki are broken. Whenever I click the translated link on the Touhou Wiki, it goes to Google Translate, not the website.

I just checked the map links and it was doing the same thing, then I had dinner and they seem to be in working order again so I don't know. Check it again I guess?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 01:53:14 AM »
Maybe the website was broken. It broke once and google translate can't translate anything if it can't get its hands on the original website, you know.

Anyone wants to do the 20F section of the bestiary on wiki for me? I got my motivation from doing 18F and 19F because I personally needed to organize my team for each floor depends on what the populace is generally weak to, and I have no drive to do 20F any more because I decided to do my "20F mook-only item hunt" prematurely, before exploring 19F.

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 02:27:37 AM »
....holy fuck. You are a madman. (Also, what do you use to record?)
:derp:

Fraps.

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 05:24:22 AM »
Yeah, Reimu level 50's a good level for the fight.  Thundercloud Stickleback + Royal Flare = They're already dead.

Also, I'd like to thank Squid for making this possible. :V

Reimu: Astronomical Entombing? Pfft.  *proceeds to kick ass*

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 02:23:05 PM »
A couple of days ago, I found an artist whose stuff actually fits with the art of LoT, except the stuff they draw actually looks good. Therefore, I decided to do a set of all the characters I could find from that person.

The characters in the pack are Alice, Aya, Chen, Cirno, Eirin, Flandre, Iku, Kaguya, Keine, Komachi, Marisa, Meiling, Mokou, Nitori, Patchouli, Ran, Reimu, Reisen, Remilia, Rumia, Sakuya, Shikieiki, Suwako, Tenshi, Utsuho, Yuuka, and Yuyuko.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9ahva7822c2yiuc

[attach=1]

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 03:53:16 PM »
Now that I'm about to clear the main game, can anyone tell me at about what time should I take on the ver.2 bosses (obviously doesn't include 20F and anything beyond)? I looked through their data entries and they seem to be on the same level as Bloody Papa, so should I go through them in between that and Hibachi Twins?

Also, aside from Meling, do any of them get any noteworthy new tricks? At what HP does Mokou2 use Resurrection?

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 06:55:10 PM »
You can probably handle them if you can handle Hibachi v1, with possible exceptions of 18F and 16F v2. 
I don't know when Mokou uses ressurection, but she seems to go down a lot faster this time around.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 08:21:41 PM »
...Kaguya2 and Kaguya3 can't use Hourai Barrage? At least, that's waht the database (and the jpwiki) is suggesting. What does she use after Focus then?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 12:36:24 AM »
...Kaguya2 and Kaguya3 can't use Hourai Barrage? At least, that's waht the database (and the jpwiki) is suggesting. What does she use after Focus then?

I don't know if she can or can't. But the database generally doesn't bother giving info on V2 and V3 bosses if it applies to the V1 boss as well. For example it doesn't mention Yukari V2 and V3's phase changing mechanics, but she still does them nearly the same way.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 02:52:21 AM »
Trio V2 and V3 aren't even all that hard in the first place, and will likely seem easier then the V1s.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 03:08:34 AM »
Good call. I was planning on actually testing if Kaguya can use Hourai Barrage (it would be pretty weird if she can't, considering she kept Focus and all).

Then I remembered that the v2 bosses that are not named Meiling are made out of squishiness.

Oh well.

EDIT: Oh, and can anyone tell me how attacks with higher than 100% DTH proc interact with resistance?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 03:10:47 AM by RegalStar »

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 03:20:41 AM »
EDIT: Oh, and can anyone tell me how attacks with higher than 100% DTH proc interact with resistance?
DTH is screwy, we have no idea how the hell it works. :yukkuri:

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 09:37:42 AM »
DTH is screwy, we have no idea how the hell it works. :yukkuri:
Well, that's not entirely true.  At 100% and below, DTH resistance seems to work just like every other ailment.

It's after that where it gets weird.  Suffice to say that with a 34 DTH resist you'll be guarding 200% way, way more than you should by applying the normal formula.

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 01:31:27 PM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFF 14F WTF

Seriously, this floor is madness. Who the hell was drunk enough to make this crap? I can hardly read the bloody map.

...at least Flandre's on it.

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 01:44:38 PM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFF 14F WTF

Seriously, this floor is madness. Who the hell was drunk enough to make this crap? I can hardly read the bloody map.

...at least Flandre's on it.
The map's what annoys you?  Not the sudden spike in monster difficulty?

Well, that's not entirely true.  At 100% and below, DTH resistance seems to work just like every other ailment.

It's after that where it gets weird.  Suffice to say that with a 34 DTH resist you'll be guarding 200% way, way more than you should by applying the normal formula.
I swear I remember someone saying they had someone getting repeatedly DTH'd by a plus-disc boss when their DTH resist was 50 or so.  Not that I know the percentage on the DTH there, but yeah, the formula doesn't appear to work past a point.

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »
The map's what annoys you?  Not the sudden spike in monster difficulty?
I'm level 111 or so. Everything dies in four turns. :V

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 02:04:32 PM »
That just brings up a new question.  You're level 111 and everything dies in four turns?  Why aren't you one-shotting everything?
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 02:05:57 PM »
Four tu-

That just brings up a new question.  You're level 111 and everything dies in four turns?  Why aren't you one-shotting everything?
I love it when people sneak posts in as I hit the post button. :colonveeplusalpha:

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 02:09:50 PM »
The way I do each turn is Reimu (lvl 106) with Evil Sealing Circle, Meiling (lvl 105) with Mountain Breaker, Komachi (lvl 90) with Ferriage in the Deep Fog, and Patchouli (lvl 91) with Princess Undine. Bronze Golems still need an extra Mountain Breaker to finish them off.

Yeah, I was wrong about level 111, but still.

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2010, 02:12:31 PM »
Or you could use Royal Flare and finish them all in one turn. :V

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2010, 02:13:31 PM »
Needs more Chen and Aya speed raping.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 02:16:51 PM »
I prefer Komachi-Alice-Cirno-Patchy.
Diamond Freeze, Avici, Appropriate Doll Attack, Flare.

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 02:17:21 PM »
Or you could use Royal Flare and finish them all in one turn. :V

...... :V

But then I have to skip three people, and it gets tiresome. And these are just the normal battles anyway, so I'm not too worried.

I've pretty much abandoned Chen and Aya in favor of Sakuya because Sakuya's cooler Sakuya can do an all-party speed boost, while Chen goes solo and Aya only does one person. Doesn't really fit my style.