Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F  (Read 198888 times)

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F
« Reply #690 on: March 10, 2011, 12:03:09 PM »
I've never encountered that problem before, so I won't be much help. Worse comes to worse, you could always start over on 3.01. It shouldn't take too long to blast through the first 20 floors if you use Pesco's NG+ file.

I'm sure you don't really want to have to start over at this point. Plus disc content is worth it, honestly.

Edit: Wait. Are the 21F stairs visible, but walled off? Or have they not shown up? Learn to read better, Doc.

Anyway, you could If that doesn't work, consider a Special disc restart. No problems there.

Couldn't he just upgrade to the Special Disk by transferring his saved files? That's what I did, even though I'm not at that point yet.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #691 on: March 10, 2011, 05:53:07 PM »
Started playing this a while ago. Is there a set strategy to keep Youmu from killing Cirno and Minoriko?

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #692 on: March 10, 2011, 06:05:25 PM »
As long as you're keeping Minoriko in the 4th slot, the only move that should be really OHKOing her is Slash of God's Karma Wind. Youmu's other multi-target attack, Flashing Cherry Blossoms, is Nature-elemental, which Minoriko should naturally resist (up her NTR affinity if necessary). Youmu will only use Slash of God's Karma Wind when at low health or after using Focus. Since Focus empties her active guage, it gives you a ton of time to do any last-minute healing with Minoriko before switching her out (for an empty slot, if needed). Try to keep only durable characters like Meiling and Remilia out during Slash of God's Karma Wind. You'll find that switching out a weaker character for an empty slot may not seem intuitive at first, but it's very helpful for surviving attacks that would otherwise annihilate them.

I don't usually expect Cirno to survive the fight, lol. So long as she manages to land Icicle Fall's SPD down effect, she's done her job.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #693 on: March 10, 2011, 06:14:04 PM »
I don't usually expect Cirno to survive the fight, lol. So long as she manages to land Icicle Fall's SPD down effect, she's done her job.
Well I'd need her alive for keeping the debuff on, so yeah.
Also empty slots? That is actually a good idea! I'll keep it on mind.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #694 on: March 10, 2011, 07:28:48 PM »
Every time I do Youmu I crap my pants with fear, because the first time I did her, I SWEAR she did her wind multi-target nuke all the time without warning. Anybody know if that was patched or something?

Parallaxal

« Reply #695 on: March 10, 2011, 09:20:11 PM »
Actually, I just checked her script in the database, and it seems she can use God's Slash of Karma Wind without Focus charging once Myon is defeated. Okay, that makes things a bit harder.

If all else fails, raise your affinities. At lower affinity levels, raising it by a few points can mean a significant change in damage dealt. For Youmu, you'll want to defend against Nature and Wind elemental attacks.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #696 on: March 10, 2011, 09:58:04 PM »
According to the database, apparently after Myon is dead Youmu will use all four attacks with equal probability. However, Slash of Present targets a random slot and Slash of Eternity has back row perferrence.

Yeah, so basically what you want to do is shuffle your walls to slot 3 and 4 instead. Apparently.

Alternatively, you can try killing Youmu first. Myon doesn't go as crazy when it's left alone (the only change is that she starts using Freezing Wind, and a lot of it, but I dunno - if Patchy has 320 MND she basically takes no damage from any of its attacks, and otherwise it should be quite easier on your team since they tend to be more survivable towards magic (or in Cirno's case, CLD). I don't know how feasible is that option, though, since that means you have to weather the assaults from both of them a lot more.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #697 on: March 10, 2011, 10:11:27 PM »
Alternatively, you can try killing Youmu first. Myon doesn't go as crazy when it's left alone (the only change is that she starts using Freezing Wind, and a lot of it, but I dunno - if Patchy has 320 MND she basically takes no damage from any of its attacks, and otherwise it should be quite easier on your team since they tend to be more survivable towards magic (or in Cirno's case, CLD). I don't know how feasible is that option, though, since that means you have to weather the assaults from both of them a lot more.

That's how I did it.  Unfortunately Patchy got hit with SoE, but Meiling managed to solo once Youmu was down.  She tanked through everything Myon threw at her and tossed out the occasional low damage hit.  Slow, but it worked.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #698 on: March 10, 2011, 11:04:00 PM »
It's a very common thing to have Meiling solo a boss. Get used to it.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #699 on: March 10, 2011, 11:09:10 PM »
I guess it's a good idea to raise her ATK then? So far all I've been doing is emergency healing with her.

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #700 on: March 11, 2011, 12:45:57 AM »
It's a very common thing to have Meiling solo a boss. Get used to it.

Well, later on she gave way to Komachi and Tenshi because I was an idiot early on and put my level bonuses into defense instead of HP.  I probably should have swapped Minoriko for Sanae as well because status and debuffs and all that, but I liked having a ton of magic tanks.  Patchy, Tenshi, Iku, Minoriko, Yuyuko, to a lesser extent Marisa and Reimu, and sometimes Ran...yeah, I may have went a bit overboard.

I guess it's a good idea to raise her ATK then? So far all I've been doing is emergency healing with her.

She's not meant to be a heavy hitter, but it helps to be able to deal non-zero damage.  Especially if she ends up in a last-girl-standing situation, which is pretty much what she's made for.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #701 on: March 11, 2011, 01:37:03 AM »
It's not a terrible idea, but you're better spending her level-up bonuses on her defensive stats and just raising her attack with skill points.  She really is a fantastic tank for handling just about anything - others might be able to be better than her in specific circumstances, but few people tank everything nearly as good as Meiling does.

As a side note: Raising Meiling's ATK also raises the effectiveness of her heals, a little bit.

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #702 on: March 11, 2011, 03:57:00 AM »

Pump it with skill points.  They're probably the best place to sink spare points after her defense stats and affinities are up to snuff. 
Well, later on she gave way to Komachi and Tenshi because I was an idiot early on and put my level bonuses into defense instead of HP.  I probably should have swapped Minoriko for Sanae as well because status and debuffs and all that, but I liked having a ton of magic tanks.  Patchy, Tenshi, Iku, Minoriko, Yuyuko, to a lesser extent Marisa and Reimu, and sometimes Ran...yeah, I may have went a bit overboard.

Really, IMO, you can't go wrong with Meiling as long as those points are getting thrown into Defense/Mind/HP. 
I think I have her stats as something like 30%HP/30%Defense/40%Mind or something like that and she takes hits that would maim Tenshi or Komachi. 
Of course, unless you gear and raise China in a particular way, she's still not gonna survive Last Judgment.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 07:22:19 AM by NEETori »

Parallaxal

« Reply #703 on: March 11, 2011, 05:52:23 AM »
I think I gave Meiling 2x Life Support Systems (+100% HP and SP) and some other ridiculous HP bonus gear, on top of spending the preceding 40 levels' worth of bonuses on HP, in order to prepare her for Shikieiki. Normally, though, I prefer putting everything into her DEF, as you get a lot of mileage out of DEF and MND once buffs are factored in. Point for point, you just get more out of DEF than you would for her MND. Most bosses stick to just targetting DEF or MND, and the ones that target MND tend to be less of a threat due to them usually having resistable elements (as opposed to the many non-elemental physical attacks). For the most magic-centric bosses, like Agastobrauma and Kedamagramaton, I don't even bother using Meiling. That's what I've got Iku for (that and Thundercloud Stickleback).

« Reply #704 on: March 11, 2011, 08:28:47 AM »
And yay it worked. Had to get another Special Disk download and repatched it, and Baal Avatar is being a meanie with his Gurthang (9 kills so far, yay for having faith in teh bunny and crippling it) And one more thing: is it possible to take out Maribel V2 with one of her summons up? I see I will not be able to slowly whittle her HP down and soak the hits like my V1 1st kill.

« Reply #705 on: March 11, 2011, 08:38:22 AM »

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #706 on: March 11, 2011, 10:12:49 AM »
I think I gave Meiling 2x Life Support Systems (+100% HP and SP) and some other ridiculous HP bonus gear, on top of spending the preceding 40 levels' worth of bonuses on HP, in order to prepare her for Shikieiki. Normally, though, I prefer putting everything into her DEF, as you get a lot of mileage out of DEF and MND once buffs are factored in. Point for point, you just get more out of DEF than you would for her MND. Most bosses stick to just targetting DEF or MND, and the ones that target MND tend to be less of a threat due to them usually having resistable elements (as opposed to the many non-elemental physical attacks). For the most magic-centric bosses, like Agastobrauma and Kedamagramaton, I don't even bother using Meiling. That's what I've got Iku for (that and Thundercloud Stickleback).

I guess I'm a big fan of balanced tanks.  That being said, pure Defense Meiling could probably take physical hits better than anyone else (better health and leveling rate than Tenshi, only somewhat worse defense growth), while still being able to tank down magic.

My favorite mind tanks that aren't Iku or Minoriko are probably Reimu (who is fantastic at taking hits, AND healing), Yukari (I built her as a balanced tank, though) and Renko.  Renko has mediocre mind growth, but she has decent base affinities and high health with a fast leveling rate.  Of course, the only reason I take her for mind tanking is if the boss is vulnerable to Debilitate.  She was one of the few characters who could survive Overgrowth/Gensokyo's Reflowering from Yuuka and Okuu's Giga Flare (although I don't know why I took her for Okuu)

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #707 on: March 11, 2011, 02:01:43 PM »
Well given that not many bosses are both ATK and MAG based, I think that dedicated tanks are more worth it on the start. Mind you, both Meiling and Remilia can take both sides decently over here.

EDIT: And now it's Alice who's fucking my shit up. How do I survive after Healing Light is gone?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:31:19 AM by Yumemi OkaZengar »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #708 on: March 12, 2011, 03:27:35 AM »
Well given that not many bosses are both ATK and MAG based, I think that dedicated tanks are more worth it on the start. Mind you, both Meiling and Remilia can take both sides decently over here.

EDIT: And now it's Alice who's fucking my shit up. How do I survive after Healing Light is gone?

Firefly Phenomenon when all three are alive. Also, Beautiful Light has 0 PAR resistance, and Magical Light has 0 Debuff Resistance. Cirno anyone?

« Reply #709 on: March 13, 2011, 05:20:38 AM »
Well haven't played in awhile and decided to grind a few levels in floor 20 for a bit.  When i got back to the village and attempted to level up my characters, all the menus and options disappeared leaving only the background.  I could hear the cursor moving when I pressed keys but could not see anything.  So after giving Minoriko god knows what stat level ups, I tried to cycle to Akyu's House and try to remember the order the menu options were.  Unfortunately, while it makes a sound when cycling through options, it doesn't when going through the save files or picking yes or no.  So I had no idea why i could not hear anything when picking a save.  Finally I gave up and lost those 8 levels I gained.  Nothing major as I spent more time trying to figure a way to save than i did actually leveling. 

Anywho, was wondering if anyone else had that same bug where everything on the foreground disappears and leaves you with only a empty background?  Never had this issue before back when I played normally.  Only difference was some new directx versions and updating my display drivers. 

Thanks for any info. 

Edit:  Also when i start the game, it will occasionally flash the title screen then go completely black.  T.T
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 05:24:29 AM by Kanoe »

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #710 on: March 14, 2011, 12:05:27 AM »
Ah, damn it. I'm close to beating Alice, but suddenly she start spamming Little Legion and I die. How can I prevent this?

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #711 on: March 14, 2011, 12:51:31 AM »
You can switch your squishier characters out and have your more durable characters out, such as Wriggle, Remilia, Youmu and Meiling.  Consider stashing Youmu or Wriggle away with full buffs for when she runs low on health, and also consider saving enough skill points in order to get Marisa up to 160 SP for Master Spark at the end.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #712 on: March 14, 2011, 01:48:36 AM »
and also consider saving enough skill points in order to get Marisa up to 160 SP for Master Spark at the end.
This is not a problem, she already has 260. :V

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #713 on: March 14, 2011, 02:24:02 AM »
This is not a problem, she already has 260. :V

Have her buff herself up and then spark her when she runs low?
Uh...  Yeah, Little Legion will basically destroy anyone not named Wriggle, Meiling and Remilia (and Youmu), and will do a number on them unless buffed. 
I think Reimu did more buffing than healing for me, since Meiling could heal herself and Minoriko's healing is more efficient for the most part for this fight.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #714 on: March 14, 2011, 07:13:10 AM »
What order are you taking out her dolls?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #715 on: March 14, 2011, 07:18:33 AM »
Ah, I've already defeated Alice so that's not a problem. After Healing Light I took out Beautiful Light, since that was the one that had the highest damage yield. After that it was all smooth sailing.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #716 on: March 14, 2011, 07:24:05 AM »
If you didn't get her drop, go redo the fight :V

It's really worth it IMO.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #717 on: March 14, 2011, 06:56:49 PM »
If you didn't get her drop, go redo the fight :V

It's really worth it IMO.

Wtf is wrong with you, you should be telling him to cheat for it and pretend he got it or something.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #718 on: March 14, 2011, 07:02:44 PM »
I didn't cheat on my first playthrough.

Parallaxal

« Reply #719 on: March 14, 2011, 07:12:51 PM »
Alice's drop item also drops off random encounter mobs on floors 7 and 14 (albeit with low drop rates), so I wouldn't be too concerned with getting it. It's not THAT amazing...