Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F  (Read 198617 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2010, 06:10:42 PM »
Currently somewhat stuck on F25. Defeated the first three sigil guardians, but the fourth one rips me apart as soon as he decides to use Magic Jutsu. Since he is somewhat vulnerable to debuffs, I thought that plus disk debuffer girl might help, but I'm also getting destroyed by the final boss v2 in a very similar way; the first phase and the summons are no problem at all, but then Overflowing Unnatural Power turns the situation around completely.

At least there's always the M key :V

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2010, 11:08:45 PM »
@25F
I waited to recruit the two 20F v2 characters in order to do it.  Reisen is a godsend in this battle, so is Yuugi.  KOi3S absolutely rapes, while Reisen can sit in and just inflict obscene damage AND debuff at the same time.  Alice can also be used, if you don't mind sending in buffers constantly to keep her buffed - her stats are better than our not-useless sex appeal bunny, but she can't buff herself, or debuff as well.

@20F
I think I killed her after her first attack after ONP.  Right before I took out the last summon, I sent in Nitori, Marisa, and buffed them with 18F buff, and just let her have it as fast as I could once she buffed.  I also used two tanks swapping in two nukers at all times, and constantly sent in Yukari to keep everyone at 80% defense buff.

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2010, 08:58:50 AM »
Oh right. She only restores her HP when the third summon appears, doesn't she? And given how both her and the first summon can be PAR-locked quite easily with Mystia... I think I might have the beginnings of a plan here.

EDIT: There we go. She didn't even get the chance to use Overflowing Unnatural Power this time. Now let's see if Debilitate can't help me get rid of that annoying Magic Jutsu buff...

EDITAGAIN: stop debuffing the wrong stats already D:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:29:55 AM by yoshicookiezeus »

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2010, 01:10:32 PM »
Ok so I'm thinking about doing a PCB Character playthrough. Gives me 10 characters to use, some good, some bad. Anyone want me to record videos of any boss battles using them? Depending how it goes I might do other Game-Based Playthroughs.

Edit: Uh...it's been a while since I did a NG+, but is it normal if I got characters that already have EXP and are already able to be leveled up?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 02:36:33 PM by Axel Ryman »

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2010, 03:59:41 PM »
Talk about a lucky fight... The boss didn't use Magic Jutsu a single time, I got the PAR effect of Galaxy Stop to hit twice, and got the Necronomicon drop on my first attempt. Well, I'm not complaining :V

Edit: Uh...it's been a while since I did a NG+, but is it normal if I got characters that already have EXP and are already able to be leveled up?
From what I have gathered, that is what you get if you don't have the right Save_NaN folder. Not sure where you'd actually find a correct one, though...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2010, 05:33:39 PM »
PCB-only run would a selection of 11 characters. Might as well use them all. If you only want to use 10, cut Reimu because I'm evil.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2010, 07:09:04 PM »
Ok so I'm thinking about doing a PCB Character playthrough. Gives me 10 characters to use, some good, some bad. Anyone want me to record videos of any boss battles using them? Depending how it goes I might do other Game-Based Playthroughs.

Since Team Unappreciated got a runthrough, it has been determined that every character is good, some situationally so, some being godly in all possible situations.

Team PCB
Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, (9), Chen, Alice, Youmu, Yuyu, Ran, Yukari.  Am I missing someone?

Seems to be a fairly well-rounded team, if a bit on the magical side (Alice is a mixed, Ran is magic/composite, Sakuya and Chen are your only pure physicals, Cirno is physical/composite, but don't count on her damage at all). 

Who is going to be your first-slot tank?  Yukari seems good enough, but there's quite a few bosses that would maim her despite the fact that she tanks like a pro.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2010, 11:54:29 PM »
PCB-only run would a selection of 11 characters. Might as well use them all. If you only want to use 10, cut Reimu because I'm evil.

Wait Letty's in the game? Or Prismriver Sisters? Or....uh...what other character is there?

From what I have gathered, that is what you get if you don't have the right Save_NaN folder. Not sure where you'd actually find a correct one, though...

From what I read I should just re-add the save_NaN from the original 3.01 Disk so I gotta find it. on here(If I still have it). Then again that was mainly for other problems, but it's worth a shot.

Since Team Unappreciated got a runthrough, it has been determined that every character is good, some situationally so, some being godly in all possible situations.

Team PCB
Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, ⑨, Chen, Alice, Youmu, Yuyu, Ran, Yukari.  Am I missing someone?

Seems to be a fairly well-rounded team, if a bit on the magical side (Alice is a mixed, Ran is magic/composite, Sakuya and Chen are your only pure physicals, Cirno is physical/composite, but don't count on her damage at all). 

Who is going to be your first-slot tank?  Yukari seems good enough, but there's quite a few bosses that would maim her despite the fact that she tanks like a pro.

Yukari most likely. I could build her for damage but Spiriting Away and IN Quadruple Barrier might be a bit more useful for the actual damage dealers. Sakuya will most likely be SPD buffing the Heavy Nukers(Marisa(Master Spark) and Yuyuko(Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana)) so I can throw them into the back and recover SP. Reimu's on Healing duty, ⑨ will be on debuffing/minor damage duty, Chen on hit and run, Ran on buffing, and Alice and Youmu on damage dealing

I almost completed the first floor but with Ran getting those 33 levels it's not worth continuing since it's unfair, so I'm gonna work on fixing this first before I decide whether or not to start over and just result to the equalizer, aka Cheat Engine  :V

Edit: Ok I thought adding the save_NaN from the original Special Disk would work but it didn't. Seems like everyone gets 0 EXP if I add in SKP, otherwise most of the characters get a lot of experience.

Edit # who knows:  Had to use Cheat Engine. Pit all 5 characters into 5 battles and got their current EXP, then reduced it to 0, then added 16 exp after the first battle so I can start them off on level 1.

I should of done the other characters too while I was at it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 02:51:38 AM by Axel Ryman »

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2010, 04:44:00 AM »
The one thing I really don't like about Yukari as a tank is her HP. It's bad. Really bad. Potentially worse than Tenshi bad, given how much more expensive it is for Yukari to raise it with skill points. In my latest playthrough, Cirno consistantly had more HP than Yukari, and Cirno only has an HP growth of 11, which isn't good to begin with.

What I would consider doing instead is focusing on just MND for Yukari, and make her into a magic tank. Magic spells tend to have less piercing formulas than physical attacks, so it's easier to nullify all damage after buffs and make Yukari take 0, at which point her HP doesn't matter. For physically-based bosses, raise up Youmu as your main tank. Youmu has much better HP and DEF than Yukari, and could be made into a decent physical tank for specific bosses without too much loss in her offensive capabilities. And since she's your tank, it's easy enough to just leave her out to take advantage of her unique Focus skill.

The vast majority of bosses in the game tend to focus on just hitting either DEF or MND, making dedicated single-stat tanking a viable strategy. Observe: (SPOILERS ALERT!)

Youmu - DEF-based. Myon has a few magic spells, but they're not that strong or frequent.

Alice - Mostly DEF-based. Beautiful Light's attacks are stronger than Magical Light's, and Alice has 3 DEF-targetting attacks and only 1 MND-targetting spell (Seeker Dolls). Dolls War, Alice's strongest attack, hits DEF, while all single-target attacks (which are what you want your tank to handle the best) are DEF-based as well.

Yuugi - Completely DEF-based, duh.

Nitori - Completely DEF-based.

Reisen - Completely MND-based. Her melee underlings shouldn't be able to get a single attack off if you know what you're doing.

Tenshi - Completely DEF-based.

Eientei - Almost completely MND-based. Eirin's Shadowstitch and Galaxy in a Pot are the sole exceptions.

Yuyuko - Completely MND-based.

Orin - Mixed, but DEF is more important, due to Cat's Walk spam.

Mokou - Believe it or not, almost completely DEF-based. Only Flame Wind hits just MND; everything else is mostly physical (including Fujiyama Volcano), with Tsuki no Iwakasa's Curse as composite.

Flandre - Focuses more on DEF. She has 2 spells that hit MND, but both are Fire-elemental, so slapping some Fire affinity onto a physical tank might be enough. Everything else is physical or composite.

16F - Completely MND-based.

18F - Start with DEF, then switch to MND after the 1st form. Watch out for Sealing Slash, Huge Whirlwind, and Explosive Flaming Sword.

Final Boss - Completely MND, if you can keep the Shredding Amnesieri paralyzed.

As you can see, almost every major boss can be conquered by focusing on tanking with just a single stat, which favors using specialized DEF and MND tanks. Interestingly enough, there are more DEF-based than MND-based bosses, which is further reinforced by the fact that many magic-using bosses can be overcome with affinity instead of high MND.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2010, 03:42:31 PM »
I was going to use Youmu as a DEF tank at first but then I figured I could just have Yukari do it. Yukari doesn't do too well as a DEF tank though with her DEF and HP so using Youmu isn't a bad idea, especially with her current HP and DEF(DEF is highest, not sure on HP). Haven't gotten past the first floor yet though. I mainly wanted to get the Unwavering Will from Meiling only she didn't like to drop it. Good thing I can just 1HKO with Yuyuko. I might go for the Ball of Lightning from Chen but the 20% MAG bonus might not be much compared to Unwavering Will. Yes I'm aware Unwavering Will is probably unnecessary but its stats are worth it this early on, especially for Youmu.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2010, 04:54:18 PM »
Wait Letty's in the game? Or Prismriver Sisters? Or....uh...what other character is there?

Hurr miscount :V. Played DotS too much lately.

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2010, 10:36:50 PM »
Well then. Shiki defeated on my first attempt, with no characters lost... I can't help but think that I was supposed to have defeated the last sigil guardian at a somewhat lower level, since I distinctly remember having quite a bit of trouble with her on my first playthrough.

Also, I just noticed how quite a few of the plus disk bosses appear to be mostly or purely MAG-based, which really makes my Yukari/Reimu/Iku/Patchy setup good at tanking the hell out of just about everything those bosses decides to throw at me. Except for Shiki's Last Judgement, but that's what Komachi is for :V Not looking forward to Yuka and her Arrow Rain, though...

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2010, 10:40:53 PM »
I was probably doing something wrong with Patchy, but with one Great Hakurei Barrier, she was still getting one-shotted by Gensokyo's Reflowering/Beauty of Nature.  :V

She stops using Arrow Rain after she starts using her unique spells not called Flower Shot. 

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2010, 02:31:04 AM »
I got an epic win against Yukari. Third form, everyone on my team had been knocked out by her last attack, except Flandre (in the back) and Yuugi (in reserve). Flandre got a turn in a literal millisecond before Yukari did, and I figured "screw it, I'm going to die anyway" and cast Starbow Break.

Bam, finished her off.

Yeah, I'm feeling g-

*looks at 18F map*

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

[attach=1]

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?aosjb89o1vtbqcw
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2010, 02:40:23 AM »
I'd like to remove the entirety of the 18f from my mind, thank you.
Also - nice win!  I love it when stuff like that happens.

Also - That Flan looks creepy, while the Cirno looks uh, quite badass.  Especially for (9)

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2010, 03:00:32 AM »
Without even wanting it, I got myself a Ball of Lightning from Chen. :getdown:

Time to grind on Floor 2 for some items. And maybe Floor 1 too.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2010, 05:51:05 AM »
The Blade Cuisinart from Youmu is awesome.
I don't really know what else is useful to farm, though.  I guess if you continuously farmed the useless drops and sold them for skill points...

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2010, 06:40:02 AM »
Fragment of Soul and Hirami Lemons are useful for SP Recovery. So far my Trash strategy is basically putting anyone who needs SP into the first 3 slots to use Focus while equipped with Fragment of Souls/Hirami Lemons. The 4th slot will usually be an attacker that will use a large SP costing move(Fantasy Seal, Asteroid Belt, etc) that can 1 shot them. Since most party members have 101 SPD right now(1 has 100 exact, and Chen has 102), it's a bit easy.

Besides those 2 items, I can also get Crystal Pieces(20% more SP, and have already received 2 luckily), Bulletproof Armor for more Defense for Youmu, Power Belt for Attack users(mainly Chen). Knowledge Books for MAG users(Lots of them...). I could also go back to 1st floor and get some Ancient Flying Squirrels for HP or Shimenawas for MND. I might as well since I do need to do a bit of grinding.

3F will be better for grinding thanks to 20% more HP and 30% more SPD items. Then again I'll be lucky if I get a Fairie Wing.

I wonder if I should even attempt the Plus Disk portion of the game.  :V Anyway, what battle should I start my recording progress?

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2010, 07:03:13 PM »
I think you might be able to do post game up until 26F.  Nobody's going to take Last Judgment.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2010, 08:35:50 PM »
I got an epic win against Yukari. Third form, everyone on my team had been knocked out by her last attack, except Flandre (in the back) and Yuugi (in reserve). Flandre got a turn in a literal millisecond before Yukari did, and I figured "screw it, I'm going to die anyway" and cast Starbow Break.

Bam, finished her off.

I just had a similar experience with Baal Avatar. Reimu and Minoriko died while I was waiting for Demon Slashing Dance so I can send him into self-buffing stage, so I decided to mostly just forget about defense and start attacking like crazy. After another Demon Slashing Dance finished off all my tanks, I decided to just send in nukes everywhere and use whatever they can, ending with a Leavatein.

BAM, battle won.

Now to decide whether to finish off 20Fv2 or Celestial Bright Demon...

« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2010, 08:52:48 PM »
Kedamagrammaton and Yuka both defeated on the first attempt. My team of MND tanks were all taking zero damage from Rankain :V Utsuho isn't as nice, though...

Also those tengus on 28F are getting really annoying. 2 x God Press = instant party wipe before any of my characters can even move.

[attach=1]
Those look really nice. Definitely using those portraits of Reimu, Rumia, and Alice.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2010, 09:27:49 PM »
god press has next to no mnd-piercing ability. So uhh. yeah. anybody who takes 0 from rankain should easily take 0 from god press. Just have someone mnd-tanky in your group in case they show up.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2010, 10:00:08 PM »
god press has next to no mnd-piercing ability. So uhh. yeah. anybody who takes 0 from rankain should easily take 0 from god press. Just have someone mnd-tanky in your group in case they show up.

Rankain gives you four turns to buff MND to max and debuff opponent's MAG, though, while the tengus don't.

I should've taken out Celestial Bright Demon before Baal Avatar. So much easier (and longer... god annoying Destroy Magic). Also, it seems that my theory about 50 DTH resist is enough is sound enough for DTH-300 at least, since nobody got hax'd by Stygian Ferry at all. Does anyone know if that's the case with Wand of *Destruction* and its DTH-1000?

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2010, 10:16:34 PM »
Nobody got Stygian Ferry HAXed at 34 death resist for me either.  DTH is so wonky.

Also - why is Alice so awesome?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2010, 10:19:10 PM »
dth-1000 didn't death a single person in my party. So yeah..

I swear I got insta-dth'd by yuyukov1 when my dth resist was 40 though last game.. wtf. And those stupid eyes of twilights would death me all the time with 30-40 dth resist.

« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2010, 10:29:23 PM »
Also - why is Alice so awesome?
I think I did something wrong, because I always found Alice's formulas to factor in too much DEF/MND to do any real damage.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2010, 12:45:30 AM »
I think I did something wrong, because I always found Alice's formulas to factor in too much DEF/MND to do any real damage.

Her MND-targeting spells, sure, have terrible MND piercing qualities, but Return Inanimateness is a whole different story. Same formula and delay as Scythe that Chooses the Dead, and also almost identical to KO in 3 Steps, just with a 20% t.DEF difference. It's why I personally consider Alice more of a physical attacker, since her MND-targetting spells usually aren't worth it outside of floor trash or bosses with nonexistant MND.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2010, 01:10:15 AM »
Ok so I'm going to record my Alice battle since it's not one that can be won with an insta-death attack. Kinda came close on my first try though, but I had Alice and the left doll to deal with, then Alice did Little Legion when I only had Yuyuko, Marisa, and Chen left.

And after I beat her I'll work on trying to get that Forbidden Tablet  :V Joy.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2010, 04:02:05 AM »
Her MND-targeting spells, sure, have terrible MND piercing qualities, but Return Inanimateness is a whole different story. Same formula and delay as Scythe that Chooses the Dead, and also almost identical to KO in 3 Steps, just with a 20% t.DEF difference. It's why I personally consider Alice more of a physical attacker, since her MND-targetting spells usually aren't worth it outside of floor trash or bosses with nonexistant MND.

Basically this.   Seeker Dolls and Little Legion smashes trash mobs with ease, and if the boss isn't resistant to fire, Return Inanimateness does great damage on a durable character.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2010, 01:46:52 PM »
I know I said I would do an Alice video but some training made her too easy so I said screw it and instead I bring you...Yuugi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKsaqNpSjFs

Though I was still a bit overleveled for this I'm guessing. Maybe I shouldn't train on Floor 7 anymore.  :V Hope you like my choices in character portraits. And yes I know, quality sucks. I can't record with FRAPS or else it goes too slow and doesn't sync, and I can't figure out good settings for Camtasia.

Hurr miscount :V. Played DotS too much lately.

??? DotS?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 02:38:38 PM by Axel Ryman »