Author Topic: [Art] Astri's potentially ambitious art thread~  (Read 1762 times)

Astri Cloudberry

• Eyebrow moecon
  • Distressed kitten is distressed.
    • My deviantArt page
[Art] Astri's potentially ambitious art thread~
« on: September 19, 2010, 06:20:51 AM »
Yo. I originally joined the forums last winter, but a trip to Europe and increasingly sucky life circumstances cut my debut at MotK quite short. ^^; I never quite got around to posting anything in the art forum, so in the hope that my participation here won't be as limited as it was those months ago, I've come to share.

At present, this is the sort of picture I'm capable of in about four hours (which is all the time I'm really up to spending on things, nowadays  :blush:). That being said, I've been in a pretty bad artistic rut lately, and to help cure myself, I'm one-hundred percent open for requests! Gen, silly, naughty, whatever floats your boat. It may take a while for me to complete whatever it is, but that shouldn't stop you from asking.  :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 06:24:58 AM by Astri Cloudberry »

Re: [Art] Astri's potentially ambitious art thread~
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 11:19:22 PM »
Giant mushroom towering over Marisa because mushrooms > Marisa in all levels.

That's a really nice background and hat you have; the one thing that looks rather strange though, is her face (especially her nose) - it looks really strange, like it's too... straight? I'm not sure. Anyways, in four hours? Woah, that's really fast.

Good job!

Astri Cloudberry

• Eyebrow moecon
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 05:17:42 AM »
Lol yeah, as you can tell, I sorta sped through it. This was mostly to try out Sai, and I didn't wanna go back and fix any mistakes.  :derp:

Ohh, that has the potential to become very cute. On iiiiitttttttt~

Astri Cloudberry

• Eyebrow moecon
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 01:58:51 AM »
Oh sweet Jesus, do I ever hate drawing ruffles.  x__x

Anyways, here you are~ Marisa wound up being the focal point instead of the mushroom, sorry.  :ohdear: Pretty sure this isn't what you had in mind, but.  :derp: It's actually a pretty generic, boring-looking pic, hahaha... The colour scheme is super dull. X'D

I'll do better next time. orz