Author Topic: Anime USA 2010: November 12-14  (Read 18577 times)

Zakenna

• fomer Internet tough guy
  • Ahh After 10,000 years I'm free!
    • polyvinylcrush
Re: Anime USA 2010: November 12-14
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2010, 08:08:35 PM »
Ahh that was one of the best AUSAs in recent memory, I don't think I've had that much fun since they left Tyson's Corner.
was happy I didn't have to commute at all since I found a friend that owes me one and I stayed in their room  :3

Looks like you guys had a blast at that lunch. Those pictures are pretty hilarious wish I was there, maybe I should make it a habit of waking up before noon.
I did have a ton of fun hanging out with you guys. That alcove next to the fitness room was pretty baller until we got kicked out. The Touhou Panel was great, I would have stayed around after to mingle but my wig was getting ungodly sticky by the end of the panel.

Gotta say though that ITG 3 cab in the game room was a pleasant surprise. I haven't had a chance to play Fleadh Uncut with a bar in a few years.

unfortunately I was plastered friday(Captain Morgan's 100 Proof spiced rum should not be sold by the handle... it's deceptively more alcohol than a room can consume) so I didn't take any pictures and I spent half of saturday in a skirt with out a pocket so I didn't carry my camera around so no pictures from me   :(

Katsucon's in February, there must be others around here to go to in the interim.
well Katsu is the next one on my list. After that the only things concrete is Otakon and NYAF. Although if MotK is going to have a strong showing at ACen I could use that as an excuse to leave the east coast for once  :D

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2010, 08:10:53 PM »
We love you too Kilga  :*
Also more pictures!  I have a bunch of friends who went and had a blast and uggghhhh gotta live vicariously through you all.

Until all you dirty foreigners show up and clog traffic for us commuters. :(

Could be worse, could be the NYC subway  :V

Also
Katsucon

yesssssssss.

Kilga we can be pretty pretty Reisen buddies there :V

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2010, 08:25:38 PM »
Katsucon sounds cool and all, but I highly doubt I'll have another $300-$400 to make the commute and be able to buy food/stuff.

Also, in the two photos I'm in that are online thus far, I look pretty silly! :ohdear:

Mima-sama

• What are you doing in that shrine you are not a god
  • You are too cool to be a god anyway :|
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2010, 10:51:56 PM »
oh god is this movie subbed now :o

Heck yeah it has been, it got subs a month or two ago!

- Adding way too much bass to Rick Astley, and then reminding me that yes, NGGYU is the only song of his anyone other than me knows >_>

Well I sort of know the words to Together Forever that got played after, but most of his songs sound pretty similar. :derp:

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2010, 10:58:56 PM »
WHY MUST I HAVE A LIFE?! I'll talk later.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2010, 01:44:59 AM »
Well I sort of know the words to Together Forever that got played after, but most of his songs sound pretty similar. :derp:
NGGYU is probably the only Rick Astley song I've heard since the '80s.  =/

Reddyne

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2010, 03:43:06 AM »
A giant battlepost is approaching fast!
OH MAN FINDING THE LOST CAR KEY THREE HOURS AFTER I DROPPED $240 ON GETTING A NEW SET OF KEYS MADE BEST CON EVER
I remember mentioning that I thought the odds were high that the keys were merely lost in the room. Can't believe it came to pass like that.
AUSA was a complete success.  I was happy with the way my costumes turned out, and I'm mastering the whole short-wig-over-long-hair thing.
Feels good, don'nit? I think my Eirin will improve the instant I incinerate that wig.  :V
Watching Robo Geisha was life-changing.  I think the totally-sloshed Aya could've shared some alcohol with the Hendane guys at the Visual Novel panel.
IT WAS! I missed seeing Aya in that condition though. I think it would've been sorta fun to toy around with him. Also, the Hen Da Ne guys' VN panel was fun despite being a bit lacking in content. Probably because NO ONE CAN THINK AT 3:15 IN THE MORNING.
The game room was pretty cool for how small it was!
Didn't get to spend much time there, but the only times I got to sit down there I got some VS PoFV and some Death Smiles 2 in. Yay!
Waiting to see what the cost of our Acen travel plans are from Silentsword. :3
Yeah, I hope I'm not destitute by then so's I can join you guys. THANKS, ECONOMY!
- Adding way too much bass to Rick Astley, and then reminding me that yes, NGGYU is the only song of his anyone other than me knows >_>
I've only got a voice for base, not that anyone can hear it anyway. I was tempted to put Don't Stop Me Now or Piano Man on that sum'bitch.
- The mysterious disappearance of one con-goer for an entire day (and the exposure of a great hypocrisy of mine in the process)
Who?
- Successfully not freaking out a small group of high-school-age girls
- One of the greatest group lunches I have ever attended
I think these went hand-in-hand quite well. I was shocked that they were in tow, though. Why couldn't any of them been 5 years older?! My stock gripes aside, what a great group of kids.
- The most unique panel I have ever attended
Especially while fighting to stay awake.
- Smiling at Death, Projecting at Divas and Darkening Perfection (but not Killing Pain)
I missed out on a couple of those. I was too busy being with people half the time.
- And a reminder that New Jersey is still the 51st-best state in the country.
I never knew an inoperable brain tumor could be the size of a highway, either.
NGGYU is probably the only Rick Astley song I've heard since the '80s.  =/
I honestly didn't know he made other music that lasted enough to wind up on a jukebox. :ohdear: There's plenty of other stuff from the '80's that takes up too much space in my nearly empty head, though.

All in all, I wasted time I could've spent working and earning cash on insignificant garbage. I've got way too many things to do that I never should've put off thanks to you guys. I'm malnourished after subsisting on garbage for a weekend and I've missed some 10 hours worth of sleep over a brief period. I spent way too much time hanging around with you bunch of socially maladjusted weirdos and I'm sure that sort of thing will secure my social inadequacy.  Now, pictures of me doing inappropriate things with and to pretty much everyone but a single girl my own age have been put on the internet for everyone to see. Even when the stars align a off-chance a girl does take interest, our behavior seems to scare them away.

Man, that was fun. I love you guys.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2010, 04:07:45 AM »
I was tempted to put Don't Stop Me Now or Piano Man on that sum'bitch.
Osh-  you would've probably heard me belting that out loudly.  Old karaoke favorite.  XD

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2010, 04:31:39 AM »
I think it's odd that you guys consider my lateness and my... Ill-timed drinking highlights of the trip. :ohdear:

I actually got news of a possible chance to advance, so maybe I actually could travel again? It may be ill-advised, but I'd like to at least plan for the possibility (if I don't spend it all buying people I don't even care about Christmas presents, at any rate).

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2010, 07:34:11 AM »
I've only got a voice for base, not that anyone can hear it anyway. I was tempted to put Don't Stop Me Now or Piano Man on that sum'bitch.

Don't Stop Me Now would have gotten us kicked out for peace disturbance, I assure you.

I think it's odd that you guys consider my lateness and my... Ill-timed drinking highlights of the trip. :ohdear:

At least in my case, the reference to you was a double entendre that also referenced Sammy's obsession with the song all weekend.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Reddyne

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2010, 12:52:29 PM »
Don't Stop Me Now would have gotten us kicked out for peace disturbance, I assure you.
Thank God I didn't suggest The Impression That I Get then. Still I wonder how many people would've recognized it since so few people recognize good music that's come out within the last 20 years.