Author Topic: Touhou character holidays  (Read 4288 times)

Ayuka

• Pursuer of cute things
  • Not obsessive in the slightest.
    • Neko Arrange
Touhou character holidays
« on: September 15, 2010, 06:13:13 AM »
So during the 9th of September thread I heard mention of holidays for other Touhou characters and so I decided I'd do a little searching and couldn't seem to find any. But why should we let that stop us? Create random holidays for Touhou characters. Cite reasons for bonus points.

Reimu: 15th of August , release of Touhou games
Suika: 5th of August, international beer day
Sakuya: First Tuesday of January: Time began on a Tuesday. Very few people know that.
Parsee: 10th of February, because the Parsee showed up in the 10th century and problems with not including leap years required them to add in a full month later on. Yes, this is a stretch.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Re: Touhou character holidays
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 08:07:53 AM »
I think the Japanese already made up several holidays, like 9/8 is Kaguya Day for some reason, or 6/9 is Patchy Day for mukyuu reason.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 10:43:34 AM »
I believe 5/14 is Koishi day, since the numbers 5-1-4 in Japanese sound like Koishi when combined.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 01:25:41 AM »
It's Scarlet Day (or night~) when there's a harvest moon, which is when the moon is full and has that red/orange tint to it.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 02:52:03 AM »
So /that's/ the name of that phenomenon... Thanks for remindin' me, Yoshi. 'S been buggin' me.