Author Topic: Nan Desu Kan 2010 (now with photo imagedump)  (Read 69425 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Nan Desu Kan 2010 (now with photo imagedump)
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:17:52 PM »
Denver, Colorado's only PREMIER anime convention is this week. In fact, it starts in a bit less than two hours, if you pre-registered (which I did not, lol, though there's a five-dollars-off coupon in the Onion for a weekend pass at the door, making it $45 for a weekend pass), and three hours, if you did not.

And yes, it's true. I have gone off the deep end and cosplayed. You will see me running around with my tengu camera this Friday afternoon, as well as Saturday.

I don't expect much of a response, but still: Is anyone else coming today? Like, at all? K4U, I want to hear your excuse. It better be good. >:<

Matsuri

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 07:24:02 PM »
I would definitely be there if I wasn't hundreds of miles away. :V

Take lots of pictures! :3

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 09:35:05 PM »
You realize you're telling the photographer that's cosplaying Aya to take lots of pictures, right? >_>
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 09:39:16 PM »
Sorry, I'm in LA here!

Have fun, though.

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Matsuri

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 10:26:33 PM »
You realize you're telling the photographer that's cosplaying Aya to take lots of pictures, right? >_>

Indeed. It was just further encouragement. :*

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 01:29:33 AM »
What I expected: Gaggles of Narutards, hordes of Shinigami, etc.

What I got: The above, and I have spent the past hour and a half playing Shoot the Bullet in the DDR room with a bunch of other Touhou fans, and apparently there is a Sakuya and a Cirno running around here. And someone put Touhouvania Sakuya and Remi on the background on this computer.

And more people are coming tomorrow! Oh god yes this is actually really fun :* Solrack and co., you better start posting here now that I've seen you!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 01:30:43 AM »
Any pictures? :3
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 01:32:32 AM »
Mostly of Sailor Moon cosplayers, sad to say (and oh god they were selling the SM Infinity Artbook for $1000, as well as cels of Sakura Taisen, Sailor Moon, and Rurouni Kenshin. It's like they were trying to kill me). But the Cirno is apparently busy getting dressed and putting her wings on, so I think I'm gonna chill and play Fairy Wars for the first time before I leave. :3

Matsuri

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 01:53:41 AM »
Glad you're havin' a good time.

EDIT: Oh god Sakura Taisen, Sailor Moon, and Kenshin cels? Any really interesting ones? =O
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 02:04:30 AM by Shikieiki Matsyxanadu »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 03:02:39 AM »
It's good that you're havin' fun!  :)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 03:20:42 AM »
I need to get one of these organized up here.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 03:33:23 AM »
Awesome! For us, I think we have to wait for Anime Expo 2011... I didn't go this year, but AX isn't big on Touhou. Last time I went was in 2009, but I don't think they had much Touhou, if any, during the time...
Solrack
Isn't that the guy who seeds on Wuala? He inspired me to do the same.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 05:05:07 AM »
EDIT: Oh god Sakura Taisen, Sailor Moon, and Kenshin cels? Any really interesting ones? =O
There is one Sakura cel I was looking at, but more important, they have Sakura Taisen dolls there. Sakura in her normal outfit, Sakura in Teito Hanagumi uniform, and Sumire in Teito Hanagumi uniform version 2. Needless to say, :* :* :* But I can't have them all so I have to choose one :(

Speaking of choosing one, I think I'm going to spring for the red thighhighs tomorrow. Just because.

Anyway, photos of the first day will be coming up shortly, now that I am home and relaxing~ K4U, damnit, where are youuuuuuuuu :< Seriously, at this point, I'm not gonna accept anything short of "my house near Boulder caught on fire" as an excuse.

Matsuri

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 05:17:00 AM »
There is one Sakura cel I was looking at, but more important, they have Sakura Taisen dolls there. Sakura in her normal outfit, Sakura in Teito Hanagumi uniform, and Sumire in Teito Hanagumi uniform version 2. Needless to say, :* :* :* But I can't have them all so I have to choose one :(

Do any of them have a sword? This is important.

Speaking of choosing one, I think I'm going to spring for the red thighhighs tomorrow. Just because.

:3

Alfred F. Jones

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2010 (now with photo imagedump)
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 07:56:22 AM »
Heed the warning at the top of this thread if your internet is slow! There are 60+ images here, all told, so please watch out if you have a bad connection. As for the rest of you that don't live in the stone age? Enjoy the first day's photos. :3

Now keep in mind, half the time I have no idea who these cosplayers actually were cosplaying. I just took the photos because they looked awesome. This is one of them.

Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury! And a Vocaloid. There were lots of Vocaloids here.

[01:30] * Sakura-Rurouni waves her leaf fan around, causes gusts of wind for laughs.
[01:31] <Serpentarius> Clearly, you should be using it to lift up cute girls' skirts. :3c
[01:32] <Sakura-Rurouni> But some of those girls are really strong :(
[01:32] <Sakura-Rurouni> I love Aya to bits, but Sailor Saturn would destroy her. D:
[01:33] <Serpentarius> Ah...
[01:33] <Serpentarius> So that's why Aya's so fast.
[01:34] <Serpentarius> She had to be, in order to escape the rage of her subjects.

"Are you my master?"
"Not really, sorry."

No idea at all, but damn, they looked good! At this point, I started loosening up and taking more photos.

"I, Lelouch vi Britannia, command you to take my photo."

There was also a sizeable amount of elegant gothic lolita cosplay around. This was one of the ones that stood out.

Now that the major shipping wars are over, Avatar fans aren't ripping each other to shreds in the lobby anymore. It's kind of disappointing.

Soul Eater! I maintain that Maka Albarn's design is fantastic awesome, and I should totally get into watching that.

Matsuri asked me if there was any Persona 3 Portable Female Protagonist cosplays. This is my answer.

And because he got it wrong, he missed out on Anemone. But there was Eureka!

At this point, I met another Touhou fan (who recognized me and yelled out "SHAMEIMARU!!"), and we decided to head upstairs to see anything new. As we made our very slow way there, this girl dropped her stuffed mushroom thing, and I picked it up for her.

By way of thanks, she let me take a photo of her.

Again, no idea in hell. But I do love me some steampunk, regardless.

They really should have called it Nan Desu Kan 2010: The March of a Thousand Miku
(What's the plural of Miku? Mikus? Mikuus? Whatever.)

Star Trek vs Star Wars. No, not the younglings!

Anakin here asked me to take a photo of his lightsaber handle. I obliged.

Bayonetta! This was one of the better cosplays I saw all day, and the girl playing her was so nice~

Once me and that other fellow made it up to the DDR room, we saw another guy (Solrack) playing Shoot the Bullet, and getting creamed by Youmu. I decided to how him how it was done, but first, there was something going on at the DDR arena:

Yes. I am not making this photo up. A furry was DDR-ing with the best of them, fursuit and mask and everything.

And the best part? The furry was winning.

More to come in the next post!

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 08:05:59 AM »
Whoa

That really is good. We wouldn't have half of that here in AX.

EDIT: Did Youmu kick his ass?
P.S Solrack used Marisa Broken to unlock Extra! I assume he's gotten better.

Of course, assuming you and I are talking about the same guy. (Speaks Spanish.)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 08:16:23 AM by 雪村❖麗華 »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 08:07:36 AM »
While I am always somewhat surprised by people cosplaying (and cautious) some of them look pretty ok.

Also:
Quote from: Ruro
Anakin here asked me to take a photo of his lightsaber handle. I obliged.

Once me and that other fellow made it up to the DDR room, we saw another guy (Solrack) playing Shoot the Bullet, and getting creamed by Youmu. I decided to how him how it was done, but first, there was something going on at the DDR arena:

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 08:09:33 AM »
times like this make me wonder why i stopped attending cons on a regular basis

nice~

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 08:38:15 AM »
Hele, I am a pure and honest reporter! I would never dream of making those kinds of innuendos intentionally. :(

Second part!

Remember the Avatar shipping wars? We should have presented Aang x Miku as the one true pairing and called it a day.

I have no idea. But when I took the photo, he nodded his head at me and put his glowing hands in front of his chest in the shape of a heart. It was really cool.

Obligatory for someone named Rurouni: This was the first of various Kenshin cosplayers I ran into. This fellow was the one most into it, going to great lengths to unsheathe his sword battoujutsu style, and sheathe it the same way, bowing and being formal the whole while. Nice.

God these two girls were so pretty like oh goooooood. I wanted to talk to them more, but that would have been terribly awkward. 'sides, there were so many things to do!

Like chase afte-- NO COME BACK GODDAMNIT ;__;

I wandered outside for a bit of fresh air. And then I came face to face with this.

Better than a simple cardboard box Gundam any day of the week.

Okay, I admit that I have a huge weakness to elegant gothic lolitas in person. And man... wow. I love EGL.

Then I wandered back inside, and ran into this group of yukata-wearing Sailor Moon cosplayers.

Unfortunately, my lighting was a bit off the first time, so I took this one to make up for it.

A note: I have my camera set to take at least three photos nigh-instantaneously. Each photo you see here was selected from three similar ones, to make up for people blinking and such.

This one was for Matsuri. I still say Nanoha would own Sakura in a fight.

"URANUS!"

"THAT PLANET THAT ISN'T A PLANET ANYMORE PLUTO!"

"NEPTUNE!"

"MARS!"

"BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED, WE ARE SAILOR SATURN!!"

... well, okay, it didn't quite turn out that way. But you can tell it's what they intended, right?

Ladies and gentlemen, the true face of Bleach.

... what was that I said about a weakness to EGL? Because my god, it's like this entire convention was out to kill me softly. :*

"Go ahead, run away, say it was Horrible-- spread the word, tell a friend, tell them the tale--"

Bam. In every meaning of the word.

There were hordes of Hetalia cosplayers, seriously. I'm surprised I didn't get more than these. I'll likely get more on Saturday.

"... okay, man, you have to do that pose for me."
"This pose?"

"Yes. That pose."
"No problem."

This fellow didn't actually buy that dakimakura here; he specifically brought it to hug her at the convention. That takes chutzpah I can admire.

"Sit."
"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"

Ahh, Neo Venezia, home to gondolas, beautiful girls, and the founders of the Komeiji dynasty pizza.

Assassin and Rider! I have no idea if they were with the Saber from earlier.

And an adorable Nia to round off this second post.

The ending: to come in a little bit!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 08:43:11 AM »
Hele, I am a pure and honest reporter! I would never dream of making those kinds of innuendos intentionally. :(
Is that so? Then what are these then?!

Better than a simple cardboard box Gundam any day of the week.

Bam. In every meaning of the word.
Pure and honest huh?

Also
Quote from: Ruro

Ladies and gentlemen, the true face of Bleach.
Best cosplay in the entire universe

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 09:00:05 AM »
Hele, even I can't help it when my charisma takes over and I start writing with various levels of subtext all at once, now can I? >:D

Third and final part!

So wandering back inside I found this crowd in the lobby clustered around thi--

OH GOD I DIDN'T DO IT PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME

PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME I GET ENOUGH OF THAT FROM YUYUKO IN STB :(

Later on, there was a mock Pokeymans battle that ended with Team Rocket blasting off again. The finishing blow?

"CHARIZARD, USE FLAMETHROWER!"

Oh god, this was easily one of my favourite group cosplays, even if the girl in the middle was from Shugo Chara and not Rozen Maiden. They were so nice, too!

Nice enough to let me take two photos of them, adjusting my camera lighting in between. :3

So many Mikus. For serious. By next year, Denver will be overrun with Vocaloids, I just know it.

If all your Pikachu were this cute, wouldn't you want to catch 'em all?

At this point, I discovered the ceilings were reflective and ooh, ultra shiny!

"Today, Ethiopia. Tomorrow, THE WORLD!!"

This was probably my favourite Miku. She didn't have a real leek, and she didn't have shiny lights along her arms, but something about her hair made me like her best.

The only photo to be taken at a dutch angle, because Kamina and fem!Kamina are just that awesome. 8)

From a distance, I thought she was Tenshi, and nearly spazzed out.

Now just wear a red vest, cape, and dress, and call it a day. :*

I... guh... what? :o What is it?

"GET AWAY FROM HIM, YOU POACHER!"

"DON'T MAKE ME SHOOT YOU!"
"ACK--"

I keep thinking that these two are cosplaying as Civil War-era folks. That cannot possibly be right. But they look cool, regardless.

A Minato, for all you Persona lovers.

And last, on my way out the door, I saw this huge dog coming towards us. A human was wearing that costume and crawling along. Oddly, I doubt it was a furry. But her outfit was still really cool.

That's it for Friday's photos! I'll be back with more tomorrow. :3

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 09:27:23 AM »
Dammit, I didn't notice the problem with the Gundam the first time. Now I can't unsee it.

I have no idea. But when I took the photo, he nodded his head at me and put his glowing hands in front of his chest in the shape of a heart. It was really cool.

:o Never expected to see a Gir cosplay around anymore. Mad respect.

Very nice pictures Ruro. Looks like a lot of fun.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2010, 09:32:42 AM »

A Minato, for all you Persona lovers.

And last, on my way out the door, I saw this huge dog coming towards us. A human was wearing that costume and crawling along. Oddly, I doubt it was a furry. But her outfit was still really cool.

That's it for Friday's photos! I'll be back with more tomorrow. :3c

oh my

oh my

i don't feel so good

*collapses/lack of oxygen*

-----> Hey couple this guy with one of the Persona girls and it'll be perfect but this is already incredible!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2010, 10:28:36 AM »
The furry DDR champ was a treat.

God, all of these are gold for their own reasons. Thanks so much for uploading!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Matsuri

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2010, 10:45:07 AM »
Wow, these are incredible :3

And Sakura is still better, I don't care what you say :smug:

Also, oh god, that Nia is gorgeous :*

I can't wait to see what's in store for tomorrow. :3

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 01:24:40 PM »
Re: Kamina and Fem!Kamina
holy shit dat smirk is so awesome and hot

Re: Midna and Wolf!Link
Interesting :O

Re: Everything else
smashing pictures there :o

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 01:43:20 PM »
The bleach cosplayer ahahahahaha brilliant!  :V

I liked the afro samurai teddy guy whatever his name is and the silver mecha thing.

Not too suprising to see lots of gurren lagann cosplaying going on.

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »
Also Best cosplay in the entire universe
It's MAGNIFICENT

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »

Oh man, I love that Punisher. Not only do I love the way it came out, but the design is spot on to boot. I think he used a bit of sponge for the edges, which works pretty well but is also excellent for con protection. He can bang it around and prop himself up on it without worrying about damaging the Punisher itself.
Now just wear a red vest, cape, and dress, and call it a day. :*
Haven't we already proven that this only works so well when attempted in real life?

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 04:37:10 PM »

Uh, that's Link you know :3