Author Topic: General IaMP/SWR/Hisotensoku Thread  (Read 149012 times)

Re: General IaMP/SWR/Hisotensoku Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2010, 03:03:55 AM »
I'd forgotten how annoyingly hard it was to use Youmu's skills. I forget if I've ranted about them before or not but they are some of the HARDEST skills to land. Plus the fact that I can seemingly never ever ever get rid of that stupid danmaku shield that keeps activating above all else.

Also, is Iku that fun to play with? I've never actually used her considering SWR turned me off to using her when I had to do her campaign (slow as hell).
The shield's her 236 attack.  Either don't do that input, or get a better alt card for that spot :V

Iku's alright.  It really takes a different sort of mindset to play her compared to most characters, but if you do well with slow characters with good reach like Komachi and Yuyuko, you'd probably do well with her.  I liked her more when her 623 windball did damage though; now using that attack in my deck makes me defenseless when it comes to anti-air :<

Suika :3

• Permabanned
  • You're the gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2010, 03:31:17 AM »
the ONLY thang that was a downside on IaMP was CPU's endless spell card attacks. such as remiu's Unnamed spell card. it goes on FOREVER. and (i forgot her name FAIL,)'s feast of regreats.

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2010, 03:40:59 AM »
Added a bunch of stuff to Koumakan regarding Iku's "Veils of Time" buff.  There sure were a lot of details left out on that card, such as the fact that its reversals are damaging spellcards and can be used midair, unlike regular guard hangeki.

• Permabanned
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2010, 03:42:39 AM »
or suika's oni sgin/ great oni it HITS an CPU/human in MIDAIR,

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2010, 05:51:14 AM »
Hmm, I found a bunch of combo vids that MugenIttoryu uploaded on youtube, but I don't think they're from the same guy. Have a looksie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Usumpv62iE&feature=related

....And just look at the list from there.

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2010, 12:12:45 PM »
Hmm, I found a bunch of combo vids that MugenIttoryu uploaded on youtube, but I don't think they're from the same guy. Have a looksie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Usumpv62iE&feature=related

....And just look at the list from there.
lol, I was watching that Komachi one a couple days ago.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjx2IiZs4Pk

This is why I hate weather (also, it's because I suck, so I lost because I suck and can't play :V)

• Permabanned
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »

This is why I hate weather (also, it's because I suck, so I lost because I suck and can't play :V)

did ANYONE look at on how ZUN screwed up on lunaticCPU's? i can beat them, (even in arcade and story modes)

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2010, 03:11:42 PM »
did ANYONE look at on how ZUN screwed up on lunaticCPU's? i can beat them, (even in arcade and story modes)
Since when did ZUN do any coding for IaMP/SWR/Soku?

If you want to see an example of ZUN's awesome Lunatic AI, go play PoFV or PoDD :V
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

• Permabanned
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2010, 03:18:57 PM »
Since when did ZUN do any coding for IaMP/SWR/Soku?

If you want to see an example of ZUN's awesome Lunatic AI, go play PoFV or PoDD :V

th prob here BOI is that i USE winRAR and windows VISTA. (so touhou 8 freezes upon loading.)

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2010, 03:29:34 PM »
th prob here BOI is that i USE winRAR and windows VISTA. (so touhou 8 freezes upon loading.)
A few problems here:

• WinRAR should have nothing to do with it.  Nevermind that Touhou doesn't come in a RAR archive, once anything in any archive has been extracted to disk the program used to extract it doesn't matter anymore.
  • PoFV works fine with Vista.
  • PoFV is Touhou 9, Touhou 8 is Imperishable Night.
  • Random caps, incorrect spelling of an actual word (BOI?  Really?  I'm pretty sure you were looking for "boy"), etc. is a problem so I suggest consulting the the rules thread before a moderator gets annoyed.  The relevant part is "Please try to post threads and replies in proper English.  Maidens of the Kaleidoscope has members from across the world, and for many English is a second language, so slang and other things might be hard to understand.  You don't have to have perfect grammar, but good spelling and punctuation are helpful if we are trying to understand you."

Your post also didn't address what I had posted, which is that ZUN didn't develop the fighting games.  Tasofro (Tasogare/Twilight Frontier) did.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

• Permabanned
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2010, 03:35:09 PM »
A few problems here:

• WinRAR should have nothing to do with it.  Nevermind that Touhou doesn't come in a RAR archive, once anything in any archive has been extracted to disk the program used to extract it doesn't matter anymore.
  • PoFV works fine with Vista.
  • PoFV is Touhou 9, Touhou 8 is Imperishable Night.
  • Random caps, incorrect spelling of an actual word (BOI?  Really?  I'm pretty sure you were looking for "boy"), etc. is a problem so I suggest consulting the the rules thread before a moderator gets annoyed.  The relevant part is "Please try to post threads and replies in proper English.  Maidens of the Kaleidoscope has members from across the world, and for many English is a second language, so slang and other things might be hard to understand.  You don't have to have perfect grammar, but good spelling and punctuation are helpful if we are trying to understand you."

Your post also didn't address what I had posted, which is that ZUN didn't develop the fighting games.  Tasofro (Tasogare/Twilight Frontier) did.

*snip*
those are the winRAR downloads.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:21:56 PM by Shikieiki Matsyxanadu »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2010, 03:52:59 PM »

Except this was a netplay match :P

Lunatic AI in these games are piss-easy (IaMP are broken though)

• Permabanned
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2010, 03:56:59 PM »
yeah in netplay other people go AWOL on you, combo breaking they are!

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2010, 09:27:34 PM »

Oh, you were using Reimu? I thought you were using Remilia.

Personally the weathers I hate are....River Mist, Mountain Fog, and Snow. All of them kind of mess up my attempts to combo.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2010, 09:42:16 PM »
Personally the weathers I hate are....River Mist, Mountain Fog, and Snow. All of them kind of mess up my attempts to combo.
River Mist messes with one's ability to even play normally. Fortunately Mountain Fog limits your opponent's attempts to combo (with cards) too. And as for Snow, either keep your own pressure up or, as they say in Smash, "don't get hit" (though slower characters will have a harder time at that).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2010, 10:49:58 PM »
River Mist was such a dumb idea. Only weather I hate.

I dislike Mountain Fog but I can also see why it's in the game.

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2010, 11:07:51 PM »
River Mist flat-out sucks, even for bullet-based characters.

Mountain Vapor is actually pretty awesome; if your spellcards all combo from the same attacks, you just got yourself a free five-card hand while scrambling the opponent's hand if they aren't in the same situation.

Snow just depends on who's playing the better RTSD character.

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2010, 12:44:03 AM »
Monsoon is the best weather.  Sanae's j.2A + bouncing enemy = Dat combo.

You can do so much fun stuff in that weather.

« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2010, 01:20:56 AM »
Best weather is Hail.  Super-high spirit damage + increased damage from specials = very yes.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2010, 05:49:07 AM »
This is gonna sound boring, but I like Calm (that's the healing one, yes?); healing is good.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2010, 06:33:48 AM »
It actually gets pretty annoying when they decide to use that calm weather and end up wasting a minute and a half regenerating around 30-40% of their health, while simply dodging and blocking until it's over.

« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2010, 12:54:22 PM »
Calm's pretty fun too, especially if you use Iku's "Veils Like Time" and get a counterattack off every time they try to attack.  Free heals every time :3

Also, it's fun using Patchy's Diamond Hardness, Suika's MPP, or Tenshi's State of Enlightenment when you have the spotlight; you can't lose it during superarmor.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2010, 05:50:58 PM »
I don't know I've played Esoterica yet, but discussion leads me to think it'd be fun.

Most annoying weathers are Snow, River Mist, Typhoon. I seriously hate focusing on a blockstring (offensively or defensively) only to find myself either being mashed on, permanently losing a card or whiffing because I'm being pushed back by some arbitrary horizontal gravity.

Re: Aya/Alice - totally noble aspiration, but they were hit with the nerf bat so hard that (analogy here).

Re: China - meleespam char. Basic fight goes like this.

5C/66 2AAAA(A, if you dashed into them) 3A/6A/stagger5A 5C (hj8 D3 j.5A/hj9 D2 j.5A) x N

(or, for air

j.5A j8A j.5C 44 j.5A j.8A j.5C (repeat until break) -> DESCENDING FLOWER SLAAAAAAAAM)

Resume from 2A if opponent ever gets knocked down. Works even on Patche/Iku techs given Meiling's disgusting dash speed.

You have mixup options at the end of that combo via skills/spellcards - 214B/C (Spiral Light Step AND Descending Flower Slam) has a nice low-high mixup for the former at lvl 3+ and they both cause insane air times and damage on counterhit. 22BC tremor for a delayed low hit, or 22BC (forget the name) with the tremor projectile for a free 2 orbs.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2010, 05:55:35 PM »
I tried Cirno and Komachi recently, they're pretty fun, but they get boring pretty fast too. I have to say that Komachi simply dishes out too much damage for the fight to be fun.

Meiling...I'd attempt to use her if not for that aerial kick that never seems to hit her opponent during a combo.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2010, 05:59:22 PM »
I tried Cirno and Komachi recently, they're pretty fun, but they get boring pretty fast too. I have to say that Komachi simply dishes out too much damage for the fight to be fun.

Meiling...I'd attempt to use her if not for that aerial kick that never seems to hit her opponent during a combo.

Cirno's fast but has no flexibility or versatility unless you get really good at applying j.2A pressure (which has way too much risk even then). As for Komachi ... eh, what kind of combos were you eating? If anything, I recall most of her damage has been nerfed, unless we're talking some sort of corner combo ending with 214BC. Or homing wisps of death.

For Meiling - which kick? j.6A lost most of its comboability and general use with 1.10. J.5A is decent, j.8A is excellent but takes some practice to read the elevations right.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2010, 06:15:35 PM »
It's the kick with the rather slow ending animation which goes right above the opponent's head as you're trying to bash them into the wall. It activates only on the ground, I think it's 6C.

Komachi is simply powerful enough just by spamming her A combo. If you air tech with her though, it gets even more insane with her sickles on 6C and using her melee range to keep the pressure on.

Cirno I kind of mimiced the combo video with, I spammed 2C, and in the air, it limits quite quickly.

« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2010, 08:57:14 PM »
I have to say that Komachi simply dishes out too much damage for the fight to be fun.
Sorry, but what?

Komachi being slow like Okuu but not having the damage or the bullet cover to compensate is why she's considered subpar in the first place.  Her typical combo damage only ranges slightly above what Reimu does (which is relatively low), her spellcards are painfully weak (her 4-card does pitiful damage for the the card cost), and most of her bullets (namely 2C/6C) do low damage with high limit and have low density as well.

also

It's the kick with the rather slow ending animation which goes right above the opponent's head as you're trying to bash them into the wall. It activates only on the ground, I think it's 6C.

I have no idea what you're talking about :V

EDIT: DISCOVERY OF THE DAY

Regular defense: 0%

Defense during Typhoon: 0%

Defense with Substitution Doll: 5% per (20% max)

Defense during Tenshi's "State of Enlightenment": 30%

Defense during Patchouli's "Diamond Hardness": 30%

Defense during Suika's MPP: 50%
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:36:11 PM by Esoterica »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2010, 11:55:50 PM »
You don't lose a card permanently in Snow. The only thing that can destroy cards is one of Reisen's specials.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2010, 12:41:29 AM »
I'm not sure, I'm just finding that matches end a lot faster with Komachi than when I'm using Aya or Sakuya, and with a lot fewer moves as well.

And I think it's 236C for Meiling actually, I'm not sure, too tired to check at the moment. All I know is it's like Youmu's danmaku shield; it keeps activating uselessly during combos.