Author Topic: A couple questions  (Read 4649 times)

MOTHERfan42

• That Guy With The Face
A couple questions
« on: September 06, 2010, 12:07:12 PM »
1. How do you customize your controls? I know it's possible, but I can't seem to do so.

2. Can you change the window size in windowed mode? The window is a bit small for my taste and I don't always want to play in fullscreen.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: A couple questions
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 12:32:23 PM »
  • The in-game option option to change controls is for pad users. For keyboards I'm going to obviously point here.
  • Something like D3DWindower would work. Alternatively, if you're using the Vsync patch(es), the vpatch.ini file has the option to change the window size.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

MOTHERfan42

• That Guy With The Face
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 01:03:03 PM »
I've tried out D3DWindower and it works for some games. I tried it on Imperishable Night and Mountain of Faith and it works perfectly. For EoSD and Perfect Cherry Blossom, the FPS skyrockets into the 400s and 600s! How do I fix this?

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 01:27:06 PM »
I've tried out D3DWindower and it works for some games. I tried it on Imperishable Night and Mountain of Faith and it works perfectly. For EoSD and Perfect Cherry Blossom, the FPS skyrockets into the 400s and 600s! How do I fix this?
Check "Force 60 frames" on EoSD's config.exe.
For PCB, you'll need to use the VSync Patch to force 60fps, AFAIK.

MOTHERfan42

• That Guy With The Face
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 02:01:51 PM »
I already have "Force 60 frames" enabled and I'm not sure how to use the Vsync patch. I don't want to mess something up and destroy the games.

Drake

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 07:40:47 PM »
It isn't going to mess up anything. Changes no data, doesn't change the executable. You run an application that points to EoSD, and runs it itself along with the patch. Highly recommended, especially for PCB.

What's more is that the VSync patch allows for windowed mode with whatever size you want, which is what you wanted in the first place.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

MOTHERfan42

• That Guy With The Face
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 12:53:24 AM »
Ok, I'm just not sure how to use it. Assuming I have the right thing (http://mentaltoilet.blogspot.com/2009/05/vsync-patch.html, there are 2 folders and both have text that I can't read or even have the slightest clue of knowing what to do.

Drake

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 01:11:12 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?izzv1lmnamm

This contains some english instructions, but it's probably the same thing. Essentially in every game folder throw in a copy of vpatch.exe, vpatch.ini and the correct dll file. That means for PCB put in vpatch_th07.dll, for EoSD vpatch_th06.dll, etc. Then run vpatch.exe instead of the game itself.

MOTHERfan42

• That Guy With The Face
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 01:56:06 AM »
Gah, these 2 games don't like cooperating! I did everything as it asked, but both aren't working the way they're supposed to. EoSD brings up a command line and an error message in more gibberish. PCB opens the game, but in the normal window size instead of the dimensions I set vpatch.ini to.

Drake

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 02:08:25 AM »
The patch links to the exe named "th**.exe" in every case but EoSD. For EoSD you have to rename the th06.exe or whatever it currently is to 東方紅魔郷.exe or ?????g????.exe.

Also set enabled=1.

MOTHERfan42

• That Guy With The Face
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 02:16:59 AM »
 :D PCB's finally working! Unfortunately, EoSD isn't making much progress. I've renamed the .exe to all 3 names, but all 3 end up with the same result.

Drake

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 02:37:22 AM »
Oh, yeah. You probably need to run it through AppLocale or something of the sort because of the japanese.

http://alcahest.perso.sfr.fr/perso/apploc/applocale.html

Follow instructions, then right-click vpatch.exe and hit Locale Japanese.