Author Topic: Touhou... um... stuff, I suppose...  (Read 6544 times)

Touhou... um... stuff, I suppose...
« on: June 15, 2009, 12:42:04 AM »
Um... I'm pretty new here, and I haven't said much... so this is my first thread... um... Nice to meet everyone.

I found a thing of Magic the Gathering touhou cards on the internet, and over the past month or so, I've been adding to them and playtesting them on Magic Workstation...

Anyone else play card games, and think about how touhou characters would be represented in card form?

Or really any other kind of game, for that matter. Like, what a Touhou character would be like if they showed up in something like SSBB or various other fighting games?

This is just really a way for me to get to know people, I suppose... *smiles* but things like that do interest me, and I'd like to know if anyone else feels the same way.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
Re: Touhou... um... stuff, I suppose...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 12:46:23 AM »
We actually have a thread for (kind of...) Touhou YuGiOh! Cards: Yu-Gi-Oh! Maidens of the Kaleidoscope Edition

But otherwise I'm always dreaming up things for my favorite Touhou characters outside of danmaku.

For instance, I would love a game like Tales of Symphonia starring Touhou characters. How awesome would it be to control a 3D Flandre and fight monsters?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 12:49:28 AM »
Welcome then!
Or really any other kind of game, for that matter. Like, what a Touhou character would be like if they showed up in something like SSBB or various other fighting games?
SWR and IaMP aside, I've always wondered how hectic would a Smash-like game be with Danmaku.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 12:55:20 AM »
Yeah. While I don't actually have ToS, I know exactly what you mean. It pretty much applies to any kind of RPG, though sepecially 3D ones.

Smash Bros seems like it would benefit more than any other kind of fighter from danmaku to me. For example, like how there's two shot buttons in IaMP/SWR, most characters would have two types of projectiles - the normal danmaku bullets, which would be similar to Fox's gun in that they do not stun the enemy, and deal minor damage, and then the actually powered projectiles.

It'd change the game in that two types of players, and so two types of characters would emerge for it - those who focus on avoiding the danmaku to keep their damage low, as it could add up easily, and those who'd smash straight through, hoping to deliver a blow that would even things up.

At least, that's how implementing danmaku into SSB seems to me.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 01:08:02 AM »
Lewcario would be long gone, I'll tell you that now.
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 01:21:08 AM »
Heh.

Gpop

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 01:29:20 AM »
Well you have MUGEN to test out your "touhou characters in other fighters" question.

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 01:37:03 AM »
Hmph. Not in the slightest. Mugen only runs one system which is exactly like that of some very old fighters, but I mean newer ones. Like for example, 3D fighters like DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, and Bleach: The Shattered Blade. Or even in the realm of 2D, you still have quite a lot of fighters that function nothing like Mugen.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 02:15:40 AM »
I also disagree about MUGEN, the sheer difference on fighting styles makes the point moot.

Gpop

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 02:18:12 AM »
I dunno I haven't played MUGEN after I uninstalled it after playing it for a month for too many broken characters and crap =/.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 02:19:19 AM »
I've always wanted to play Diplomacy with Touhou characters, staying true to their personalities to see how it would influence their abilities to deceive and betray each other.

Also, welcome.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 02:56:53 AM »
Thanks... it's nice to be here... but I've never heard of Diplomacy. What's that game like?

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 08:37:57 PM »
Heh, now that you mention it, an Alice-themed Cassandra is easy to do and probably has already been done. What have the weirdos on SCIV been doing?
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

AntKiller

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 08:45:26 PM »
When I read the thread's title I thought about Rhythm Heaven... With the monkeys saying:

"Something Something I suppose"
"I supoooose WHOOT!  / / /"

>.>'

Maybe I need to sleep...DX (more than 30hours awake)