Author Topic: I don't understand; why is Aya a slut, but not Sakuya?  (Read 33166 times)

Chainsaw Guitar

I don't understand; why is Aya a slut, but not Sakuya?
« on: June 14, 2009, 05:53:22 AM »
Sakuya's been in 7 games, whereas Aya has been in 5. Why isn't Sakuya getting any flak for this...? >_>;

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: I don't understand; why is Aya a slut, but not Sakuya?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 05:55:15 AM »
huh? I've never seen any mention of either being a slut >=p.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 05:59:43 AM »
huh? I've never seen any mention of either being a slut >=p.
Aya's usually known in Touhou Fandumb* as a slut, for...some reason, probably of her being a Tengu or something, I can't remember the details. In my book, they're both sluts anyway.

*Yes. This was intentional.

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 06:00:09 AM »
Yeah, I've seen Aya being slutty in the pics on this site. I'd say it's because Remilia keeps Sakuya working all day so that she can't be slutty.
Besides, every1 knows she uses pads anyway, isn't that kinda slutty? nah, I guess not, but still, Sakuya's been taught by Remilia how to be "proper" in accordance with Victorian morals, and Aya's a reporter, think about it for a minute

FIGHT!

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 06:01:45 AM »
Because Sakuya was enemy once, playable twice, and then part of three games (IaMP, PoFV, SWR) where there were many playables.  Where's the seventh?

Aya, on the other hand, got HER OWN DAMN GAME.

The running joke is that since Aya's introduction, she's been in every game and even got HER OWN GAME in Shoot the Bullet, putting her as the only solo playable besides Reimu all the way back in HRtP.  Thus, people say she sold her body to ZUN.  It's a stupid joke, like most of Touhou fanon.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 06:21:34 AM »
What theshim said: Until UFO, Aya has appeared in every single Touhou game since her debut, has her own official fanbook, is a playable character in the only game Reimu is absent, and is playable in 3 games if helpers in SA count as playable. It was officially created in this edit of a comic where it had Reimu and Marisa call her a slut and ZUN's whore.

Since I despise Aya, it's a meme I can get on board with.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 06:22:51 AM »
Sakuya is a slave so everything she has to do she does not want.
Aya has her own webcam and website with a picture gallery.
Sakuya can't dream of beating that.

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 07:24:28 AM »
Sakuya is a perfect and elegant maid, whereas Aya is a "do anything for money, and I mean anything" type; Sakuya only serves Remilia, whereas if there were hot dog stands in Gensokyo, Aya would be "Cut-Me-Own-Throat Shameimaru."

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 07:45:33 AM »
I am greatly displeased with all the bad-mouthing of Aya Syameimaru. Neither she nor Sakuya are sluts. Any time an attractive girl is inaccessable, guys will naturally call her a slut to make themselves feel better, that's all. And once "Aya = slut" became a meme within the fandom, it just got parroted mindlessly, like so many other things.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 07:53:13 AM »
So we could just start parroting "koishi is a slut" and it would become fano......

*killed by Gpop*

FIGHT!

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 08:58:34 AM »
basically... sakuya = maid+ elegant
aya = reporter + Unpopular.

Unpopular = lots of flack = name-calling = slut

here we go

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Herasy

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 09:06:35 AM »
Pretty sure there is a pic of Zun dressed in a very "Aya-like" outfit too. But I still think the whole "Aya is a slut" fandom crap is stupid anyway, she is still on my top list of favorite characters  :)

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 09:11:47 AM »
Pretty sure there is a pic of Zun dressed in a very "Aya-like" outfit too.
Yes, there is. and I'd like to see that pic again.

Tengukami

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 09:27:36 AM »
Pretty sure there is a pic of Zun dressed in a very "Aya-like" outfit too.

Yes, there is. and I'd like to see that pic again.

You mean this pic?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 09:34:04 AM »
Sometimes fanon is good. Mostly is it not. Depends on in what context.

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 10:08:45 AM »
Don't see why people get in a rage other Fandom.
I like Aya  being bad and taking nasty photos.

Tengukami

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 10:31:36 AM »
Don't see why people get in a rage other Fandom.
I like Aya  being bad and taking nasty photos.

Or dancing!

Herasy

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 02:06:43 PM »
You mean this pic?

(Zun with Aya-outfit and booze)

Now that I see this pic again I just noticed that he has two more bottles of booze right near him, how I wish I had the stomach to drink that much all the time.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 04:04:47 PM »
Aya is Zun's self insert, it has nothing to do with sluts.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Drake

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 04:11:15 PM »
This is a terrible thread and I hope it dies.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 04:21:56 PM »
"Why is _______ such a slut?"
"Why is ________ such a good girl?"

same question, answers may depend on mileage
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Tengukami

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 08:21:19 PM »
This is a terrible thread and I hope it dies.

But Aya thinks this is a discussion that needs to be had - here, listen.

Drake

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 09:05:56 PM »
The Maikaze-Aya actually felt like repentance for fanon-Aya. They did a good job with her imo.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Tengukami

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 09:07:06 PM »
I agree. I liked Maikaze Aya a lot. I eagerly await Episode 2.

nintendonut888

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »
You want to know why I hate Aya? Because she's a total jerk. Given that my favorite character is Yukari, I don't mind it when my characters are powerful, but Aya's a total jerk about it. She acts all humble about her strength, but is in fact really smug about it. It's like "I don't mean to be rude, but us tengu are way more powerful than your pathetic species can ever hope to be." And yet she sucks up to stronger people like Suika and Yukari if she were aware of her power.

But also, how she doesn't really care about anything other than her newspaper. One particular example is SA, where she pretty much gives Utsuho the okay to turn Gensokyo into a nuclear wasteland as long as she can write about it. Call her bending of the truth cute or charming or whatever you want, stuff like that is really unacceptable to me.

So no, I don't hate Aya to get on the bandwagon of "lol slut." I use "lol slut" because I hate Aya that much.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tengukami

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 10:01:25 PM »
You want to know why I hate Aya? Because she's a total jerk. Given that my favorite character is Yukari, I don't mind it when my characters are powerful, but Aya's a total jerk about it. She acts all humble about her strength, but is in fact really smug about it. It's like "I don't mean to be rude, but us tengu are way more powerful than your pathetic species can ever hope to be." And yet she sucks up to stronger people like Suika and Yukari if she were aware of her power.

Cite? I don't recall her actually calling other characters "pathetic". She recognizes her own power, period. And you think Aya's smug? Oh, LOL. You could throw a rock in any random direction in Gensokyo and hit a character more arrogant about their supposed power, including but not limited to certain ice fairies.

But also, how she doesn't really care about anything other than her newspaper. One particular example is SA, where she pretty much gives Utsuho the okay to turn Gensokyo into a nuclear wasteland as long as she can write about it. Call her bending of the truth cute or charming or whatever you want, stuff like that is really unacceptable to me.

For a journalist, the story always comes first. But I think you're stretching your interprettation of SA a little bit. What actually happens is, Utsuho asks if Aya plans on stopping her, and Aya's response is that it depends on whether or not she'll let Aya cover her invasion for an article. But you'll also notice that Aya also tells Utsuho twice to "come out and fight". In fact, her entire attitude is pretty confrontational towards Utsuho. She knows Reimu pretty well, and knows full well that Reimu isn't going to let Utsuho raise hell, and she does in fact help Reimu fight Utsuho (if she didn't, Reimu's tengu speed ability would have disappeared at that point in the stage).

So no, I don't hate Aya to get on the bandwagon of "lol slut." I use "lol slut" because I hate Aya that much.

Thus proving my point that "Aya = slut" has nothing to do with canon and everything to do with haters.

nintendonut888

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 11:05:04 PM »
IIRC she wants Utsuho to fight because that'd give her something to write about too.

I'm too lazy to find anything exact, but I believe there are various points in StB and BAiJR where she acts pretty superior to others. Of course she doesn't call anyone pathetic directly. I'm saying she gives me that impression of what she's secretly thinking. Plus if you read the help files of StB, her objective is to take enough pictures to cause emotional damage to the target. Your defense to this?

And of course I didn't even touch upon how most of her articles turn into slander. Shikieiki herself states that Aya will throw in half truths if her articles aren't enough on their own. Again, this may be a "your mileage may vary" thing, but I absolutely hate people like that.

You could throw a rock in any random direction in Gensokyo and hit a character more arrogant about their supposed power, including but not limited to certain ice fairies.

Cirno's smugness of her own power is more like that of a child being overly proud of their achievement. How much power she really does have aside, the truth is that she is the most powerful fairy out there, and at such a young age.

Thus proving my point that "Aya = slut" has nothing to do with canon and everything to do with haters.

This is your point? In that case, even I'd help prove it to you. Aya's no slut, but a meme where you get a free insult towards your least favorite character is one I can get behind.

Tengukami

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 11:25:23 PM »
Shikeiki needs to lighten up.

Also, I'm not trying to argue you into liking Aya. I'm just pointing out that 1. she is far, far, far from being the most "smug about her power" in Gensokyo, 2. there's a bit more to the Subterranean Animism story than you're letting on, and 3. I think you need a hug.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 11:28:09 PM by Amaterasu-ōmikami »

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 11:35:02 PM »
Aya=over rated and under rated at the same time

/topic

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 11:39:29 PM »
3. I think you need a hug.
!
That one was low, man. It even hit me!

I think you all need to take it easy. I mean, this topic started to question the reason behind a meme related to how much ZUN uses Aya on the games, and suddenly I see people arguing about her mindset and whatnot.

My stance on this is that everyone should interpret her character as they want. Aya's a character on a videogame, so you have such freedom.