Author Topic: Subconscious Dream  (Read 18111 times)

Gpop

Re: Subconscious Dream
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 01:25:11 PM »
Thank you so much swamp.

I have to thank Donut for the Gengetsu love though. I never even cared about her until Donut always talked about her once. Koishi...well she's my favourite character, but I wanted something different to show from her. A lot of people expected me to write a fic with Koishi as the main character of my very first fic, and to be the hero or whatever, but I decided to be different and do this instead.

It actually all started with my thoughts on what would happen if Gengetsu/Mugetsu met up with Koishi. Seeing that Koishi manipulates the subconscious and Gengetsu/Mugetsu created the dream world, she would do crazy stuff.
Spoiler:
Spoiler: and crazy stuff will happen just you wait :P

As for the Koishi HATE...well I kinda try to make her flexible here. I know people will either hate her or love her more after this fic. Atm I know more people will hate her, and possibly more later. We'll see...

Oh, and that's not Rin is it??? I reallllly hope she is! Another one of my favorite characters!

I can't say who it is atm. That'll ruin my plans for later :3

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 05:55:43 AM »
Yeah, I gotta hand it to you, Gpoop, I didn't expect you to turn Koishi into a reprehensible villain ... ;)

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »
Isn't it a bit too much to call Koishi a villain? Sure she is the antagonist so far but villain, at least not yet ...

As for the Koishi HATE...well I kinda try to make her flexible here. I know people will either hate her or love her more after this fic. Atm I know more people will hate her, and possibly more later. We'll see...

... maybe later.^^
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:07:09 PM by Dorian G. »
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 10:04:46 PM »
Well, like swamp147 said:
but your Koishi is the kind of person I do NOT like at all. Tries to be all cutesy and happy while messing with a good-hearted kawaii akuma, forcing her to take up her terms for a deal where Gengetsu has everything to lose and Koishi has nothing to lose, and then cheating in their duel!!! Gaaaarrggghhhh!!
I'm impressed that Gpop of all people could make Koishi look unequivocably negative here ... It's gonna be fun seeing how he tries to subsequently make her look sympathetic ... ;)

Gpop

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 05:16:26 PM »
Well that's just Gengetsu thinking that she's cheating. But honestly it's up to the reader to think if she is or not. I'm not sure how the rules are with controlling the opponents bullets/projectiles, especially since the Yorihime vs. Sakuya one was questionable as well since Yorihime wasn't 100% on the rules itself =/.

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 09:01:59 PM »
Well ... Okay, put it like this. When information is presented in the narration by the viewpoint character, readers tend to accept it as true, unless the context or their own prior knowledge makes it clear that the character is wrong. The only suggestion to the that she is wrong 1. was presented outside the story after the fact, and 2. as its primary support, it uses a character who is widely disliked by the fandom and is generally seen as a hax Mary Sue for, among other things, doing precisely that kind of thing. (For that matter, I imagine ZUN wanted her to seen as a "morally-messed-up villain," and kind of overplayed his hand.)

And even if you do accept it as a legitimate tactic, Yorihime still had a lot more justification for what she was doing, in that she was fighting off a percieved invasion. In this story, Koishi basically just invaded Gengetsu's home dimension, forced her into a duel in which Gengetsu had nothing to gain and Koishi had nothing to lose, and beat her up and kidnapped her, all this for no reason except "cuz I wanna." I don't feel like there's room to view her character in a positive light, even if you shoehorn in something like "oh, she doesn't really know any better/mean anything by it."

But okay. It's still early in the story; I'll wait to see how it turns out.

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2010, 04:11:59 AM »
Wait....

"character who is widely disliked by the fandom and is generally seen as a hax Mary Sue for, among other things, doing precisely that kind of thing."

I always thought most everyone liked Koishi. A lot of fanworks portray her as a happy-go-lucky girl who goes around acting pretty nice, though a bit eccentric. Or as someone with a tragic past. But rarely shown in negative light.

Gpop

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2010, 05:28:29 PM »
Wait....

"character who is widely disliked by the fandom and is generally seen as a hax Mary Sue for, among other things, doing precisely that kind of thing."

I always thought most everyone liked Koishi. A lot of fanworks portray her as a happy-go-lucky girl who goes around acting pretty nice, though a bit eccentric. Or as someone with a tragic past. But rarely shown in negative light.

That's most of the reason why I like Koishi :3.

As for the Mary Sue thing, well take it as it is, but I don't really want to say much about it without ruining my plans in the future :ohdear:

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2010, 05:39:30 PM »
Er, I was referring to Yorihime there. Gpop was talking about how she sends Sakuya's knives back at her in SSiB, and ... yeah. ^^;

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2010, 04:58:02 AM »
Er, I was referring to Yorihime there. Gpop was talking about how she sends Sakuya's knives back at her in SSiB, and ... yeah. ^^;
Ooohhhh, oops my mistake. Reread it and it makes sense now.

On a side note, looking forward to more Subconscious Dream!

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2010, 07:28:16 PM »
I greatly enjoyed reading this. Spent almost 1 hour during my boring holiday with this.
I hope your masked self will continue this!!