Author Topic: Grimoire of Marisa  (Read 24008 times)

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
Re: Grimoire of Marisa
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 11:48:59 PM »
yea..
if she can use spells that a strong high level youkai, it shows how powerful she is.

Same for Reimu with her hakurei danmaku bounded field...

they may already be half youkai by now..

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 11:51:45 PM »
... when does Reimu canonically have a Danmaku Bounded Field?

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 12:01:17 AM »
IN, it's in one of the spellcards.

It's called danmaku bounded something.

Close enough.

And there is a running gag once of Yukari refusing to give Reimu her spellcard to repair the gap between human and youkai as she is afraid reimu would steal it again

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 12:42:12 AM »
IN, it's in one of the spellcards.

It's called danmaku bounded something.
That would be Yukari's Last Word, Greater Danmaku Bounded Field. Reimu's last word is the HARDER Fantasy Heaven. The one where she uses Float Hax(tm) to become invincible. So yeah. Close enough.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2009, 12:44:43 AM »
not that one, is the one during her stage battle.

Fantasy Heaven was brought over to the HAX iAMP Suika's Stage FInal

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2009, 12:59:07 AM »
Oh, that one. Yeah, I usually end up fighting Marisa in IN. =V

Border World "Hakurei Danmaku Bounded Field"

Eh, Fantasy Heaven is still better. =3 And I doubt Reimu would become a Youkai, seeing as her job is Youkai Extermination. =V

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2009, 01:21:47 AM »
I know it's an encriminating thing to have, but it would comfort her in her bed when she'd become an old lady to know how she used to have fun when young.

Assuming she doesn't go down the Sorceress route and become a youkai....

Highly likely, if her usage of Master Spark is an indicator of her magical capabilities.

It's probably nothing, but note that Marisa's Master Spark is not as powerful as Yuka's. In battle against Marisa, even her Double Spark isn't as big as Yuka's Master Spark from LLS stage 5.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2009, 01:23:09 AM »
Well, according to ZUN's description of Fantasy Heaven, if the spellcard didn't have any time limit, Reimu would be completely invincible forever, so we could say she has more HAX than any Youkai (Except Yukari).

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2009, 01:30:38 AM »
I know it's an encriminating thing to have, but it would comfort her in her bed when she'd become an old lady to know how she used to have fun when young.

Highly likely, if her usage of Master Spark is an indicator of her magical capabilities.

It's probably nothing, but note that Marisa's Master Spark is not as powerful as Yuka's. In battle against Marisa, even her Double Spark isn't as big as Yuka's Master Spark from LLS stage 5.

Marisa can move that damn laser. I don't think Yuka can do the same

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2009, 01:34:31 AM »

Marisa can move that damn laser. I don't think Yuka can do the same

Because it covered about 90% of the screen and would be 100% undodgeable if she moved it. Also note that neither Yuka or Gengetu (who also has a spark) need a mini-hakkero to channel their power.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2009, 03:20:03 AM »
I don't really see ur point donut.

Yuka is an ELDER YOUKAI

marisa is an average human magician.
For her to even PULL it off, even with help without breaking a sweat and blasting it repeatedly counts for something.
It shows her potential.

And yea, Fantasy Heaven is Hax, shows how Reimu can be hax-er than Yukari sometimes...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2009, 06:53:12 AM »
Newbie question. wtf is this.. an anime comic? Or just a random book about Marissa (with pictures I'd assume)... I might be interested if it's just a random book, but if it's a comic..ehh..

Also, wouldn't it be in japanese only?

Herasy

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2009, 07:04:59 AM »
Newbie question. wtf is this.. an anime comic? Or just a random book about Marissa (with pictures I'd assume)... I might be interested if it's just a random book, but if it's a comic..ehh..

Also, wouldn't it be in japanese only?

What this is (at least, what I think it is) is basically a compilation of the spellcards Marisa has encountered and what she thinks about them, expect pictures and lots of writing. Although this will probably be quite similar to Aya's comments on the pictures she takes in Shoot the Bullet

Oh, and it will be printed in japanese, but I am sure someone is bound to translate it on the Touhou wiki eventually. (Even though PMiSS and BAiJR aren't done yet)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 07:09:00 AM by Herasy »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2009, 12:17:20 PM »
Oh, and it will be printed in japanese, but I am sure someone is bound to translate it on the Touhou wiki eventually. (Even though PMiSS and BAiJR aren't done yet)

Give them a break, i was editing the rough translations occasionally on the wiki but i gave up when there was a serious revamp of Touhoumon going and i never went back

Herasy

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2009, 12:55:59 PM »
Give them a break, i was editing the rough translations occasionally on the wiki but i gave up when there was a serious revamp of Touhoumon going and i never went back
I'm not saying they should hurry up and get that translation done now, I do understand its a leisurely thing you know.
Heck I'm incredibly thankful some people actually took the time to translate alot of the stuff on the wiki.