Author Topic: Your Touhou Bad Habits  (Read 30613 times)

Re: Your Touhou Bad Habits
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 12:34:33 AM »
I play for score.

:ohdear:

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 12:38:27 AM »
I sometimes stall on hurting a boss or waste a bomb to speed up the damage if it means I can synch the fight with the music. >.>
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 12:52:17 AM »
Nope. I can dodge this, I don't need to bo-dammit.
Nope. I can dodge this, I don't need t-DAMMIT.
Nope. I can dodge this, I-Screw this crap I'mma play something else!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 01:28:29 AM »
Playing Fairy Wars.

After the boss dies I go up to the POC to collect the items.

And run into a red bullet.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 04:07:23 AM »

Sounds like my run of PCB just now. I, for whatever reason, refused to bomb.

Out of silly, silly pride, probably. :|

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 06:46:24 PM »
I always play as Marisa, even in games she's bad in (PCB is a big one)

But...MarisaA is good in PCB.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2010, 12:11:04 AM »
I never let go of the shot button. Needless to say, playing Touhou for too long can make my hands hurt A LOT considering my grip.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2010, 12:17:13 AM »
...I can't stream.

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 05:40:42 AM »
-I never let go of the shot button. It doesn't hurt my hands much, but it majorly disorients me in PoFV.
-Crossing bullet pattners cause my brain to cease functioning until I'm very intimately familiar with them. Youmu's non-spells were godawful for me for a long, long time.
-I tend to run around unfocused like an idiot in easier stages.
-(EOSD) I have an obsession with trying to "capture" the stage 4 pre-koa books. Almost never ends well.
-(PoFV) I don't know how to use level 1 attacks at all. Also I don't seem to know how to use the X button either. Also I don't know when to stop shooting to lessen all the crap that gets thrown in my screen. Also I have a habit of spamming level 2 attacks whenever I can.
-(StB) I continously find myself run in to take a picture when the camera is still at 80%-90%. Apparently I can't time it at all.
-(UFO) I'm attracted at those tokens as much as Nayuki's attracted to cats. As soon as I see one that turns into the color I want I ram straight at it unfocused, ignoring all the pretty bullets in my way.

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 12:22:46 PM »
When I use bombs, I tend to go near the boss for dealing more damage (Or going up the screen for PoC, when it's a stage), but there are sometimes I forget I don't have any bombs left, press X, and run straight to the boss ending up killing myself accidentaly

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2010, 03:09:47 PM »
But...MarisaA is good in PCB.

Pfft, I play as MarisaB. Master Spark all the way.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2010, 03:34:50 PM »
I get cocky and try to shotgun a boss on earlier levels. Results vary.  :ohdear: I just aced Phantasm, then died on Minoriko twice and twice again at stage part. On normal  :o *headwall*.

And I try playing as Marisa in PCB. Then a minute later I always come to the conclusion it was a bad choice...I can`t clear extra as Marisa B and I didn`t even bother to 1cc as MarisA.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2010, 08:10:55 PM »
-Crossing bullet pattners cause my brain to cease functioning until I'm very intimately familiar with them. Youmu's non-spells were godawful for me for a long, long time.
-(StB) I continously find myself run in to take a picture when the camera is still at 80%-90%. Apparently I can't time it at all.
-(UFO) I'm attracted at those tokens as much as Nayuki's attracted to cats. As soon as I see one that turns into the color I want I ram straight at it unfocused, ignoring all the pretty bullets in my way.

I... really don't have anything else to add, except: See that StB one? Same for Double Spoiler.

And I tend to do it on the last shot, too. ._.

SegaSaturnGal

• Ruuuruuu...
  • Definition of homedog: Kneesocks.
    • SegaSaturnGal's deviantART
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2010, 10:06:54 PM »
My bad habits?  :3

(PoFV) Using spell cards at gauge level 3 or 4.
(PoFV) Always playing as Shikieiki in match mode.
(All games) Always playing on the easiest difficulty.
"Exemplary behavior! Civil minds! Disciplined bodies! That which holds the essence of true beauty!" -Kneesocks, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

led

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 09:51:21 AM »
Attempting to graze everything to get a high score, only to end up losing on stage 1.

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2010, 12:51:53 PM »
Trying to do VoWG without unfocusing.   :ohdear:

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2010, 12:57:25 PM »
Attempting to graze everything to get a high score, only to end up losing on stage 1.

I try this for lives, and never seem to realize that I end up losing more than I gain. :|

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2010, 01:23:48 PM »
I did this for a challenge once. died with kanako at 25% hp left :V
Pfft, I play as MarisaB. Master Spark all the way.
Master spark kills cherrypoints faster than yuyuko can eat bread.
Besides MarisaA is foward focus tier with epic damage output.
One thing I hate most about MarisaB is that she can't shoot while bombing, which is a downside in extra. (oh and her movespeed sucks while bombing)

Oh hello Old, related video

And I try playing as Marisa in PCB. Then a minute later I always come to the conclusion it was a bad choice...I can`t clear extra as Marisa B and I didn`t even bother to 1cc as MarisA.
Really? Marisa A was my first 1cc. (Max lives derp. Fun fact: If I didn't play max lives that death at 01s on Resurrection butterfly would give me a Game Over and result in FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF) (Also my first EOSD 1cc was with marisaA too)

Sorry If i sound like I'm advertising my youtube   :P

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2010, 08:15:53 PM »
Speaking of Marisa, i have a terrible habit involving her:

I believe that I can beat her without losing a crapton of lives in IN (Normal, Boundary Team).

I'm always proven wrong. :ohdear:

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »
Speaking of Marisa, i have a terrible habit involving her:

I believe that I can beat her without losing a crapton of lives in IN (Normal, Boundary Team).

I'm always proven wrong. :ohdear:
I swear that Earth Light Ray is harder on normal than the lunatic version, and am confused as to how people have trouble with Stardust Reverie (I position myself at the beginning and have to make one or two slight adjustments...I'm mostly stationary during that card).
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2010, 08:57:14 PM »

I just tried that. I died three times.  :(

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 09:59:25 PM »
I swear that Earth Light Ray is harder on normal than the lunatic version, and am confused as to how people have trouble with Stardust Reverie (I position myself at the beginning and have to make one or two slight adjustments...I'm mostly stationary during that card).

Earthlight Ray is the lasers-from-the-bottom spellcard, right?

And I think it's just because I'm always under - or over - estimating star bullet hitboxes.

rfw

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 03:47:31 AM »
Running like a little girl to the other side of the screen every time a fast-moving bullet approaches.

Naturally, this is particularly bad when the other side of the screen has more fast-moving bullets.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2010, 04:05:41 AM »
I make a habit of running into random bullets in clear space, just in case it takes me to a secret area.

Y'know. Like in Donkey Kong Country. :V

Subnormal Halfspy

• Post-College Lass
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2010, 06:15:37 AM »
I have a load of bad habits while playing Touhou, but I'll state only one;

I often launch a bomb out of panic if a bullet is about to kill the character I use... Epic failure. Heh heh... Heh. *embarrassed*
Discord: (Please PM me for my user ID!)

Current avatar by yours truly!

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2010, 08:31:50 AM »
THISisthetruth.png

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2010, 02:08:35 PM »
Oh and I forgot one:

(PCB) run around shooting unfocused whenever possible (for score? lulz I can hardly survive wut score) and end up running into something.

It's precisely the reason why I can't deal with Marisa at all as a corrolary. I have to bomb on certain spots to avoid a death and marisa's bombing cherry penalty is beyond horrid. It makes me cry and stop being so motivated to bomb, and then I die and get game overs :(

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2010, 04:42:27 PM »
Up until recently, I've been using Marisa... A? I think. Whichever has the infinite penetration lasers in UFO.

Also, I tend to rely on homing/penetration shot-types over forward focused high-power ones.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2010, 07:19:24 PM »
I panic when the screen is flooded with bullets. Sometimes I can make it through during my panic attack, other times I run into one during my panic attack.

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2010, 08:22:57 PM »
In every playthrough I lose more lives than bombs >_>