Author Topic: Your Touhou Bad Habits  (Read 30610 times)

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
Re: Your Touhou Bad Habits
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2010, 06:07:38 AM »
I bomb to get items( that's why i normally lose all my bombs before Letty(I'm so lazy :D).
I also panic bomb right after I dodge something that I would've bombed.

« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2010, 10:09:40 AM »
I'm horrible at deathbombing. Honestly, I have a tendency of forgetting about bombs all together.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2010, 10:26:07 PM »
Any deaths pre-Yamame results in a restart.
Any deaths with a Communication Gauge value of > 65,000 results in a restart.
Any deaths before Easy!Yuugi results in a restart.

And I wonder why I'm so good at the first three stages, and yet fail so hard at the latter half.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #183 on: December 23, 2010, 12:20:57 AM »
I think you should just restart if death on 1 maybe 2, then play your continue out to get better?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #184 on: December 23, 2010, 02:33:58 AM »
I would consistently try to deathbomb in EoSD to reset my rank.
Until I learned that the deathbomb timer is reduced each time you deathbomb successfully.

Explains my deaths when I try to do it more than once...

« Reply #185 on: December 23, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »
I would consistently try to deathbomb in EoSD to reset my rank.
Until I learned that the deathbomb timer is reduced each time you deathbomb successfully.

Explains my deaths when I try to do it more than once...

Really? Wow. No wonder I've only done it twice so far.

My bad habits:
Panic bombing. It's really frustrating when I do AFTER I complete a spellcard.
Purposely breaking borders in PCB, instead of dodging the stuff... is that bad?
Ragequitting.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2010, 05:38:41 AM »
I also seem to boredomquit.
I can rarely make a 1cc run due to boredom.
I find that the games take too long.

« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2010, 09:25:44 PM »
Purposely breaking borders in PCB, instead of dodging the stuff... is that bad?
I usually do this too right before it ends, since the bullet clearing brings me closer to my next border.  It is bad for score though =(.

-I often become overconfident on easy cards and die because of it
-I become irritated when I start having stupid deaths and just begin bombing through everything, even when I know it's something easy
-I am very anal about scoring, even in games where score doesn't matter for lives.  I sometimes get a little overzealous and force myself into bombing when I rush the PoC
-I swear a lot when I'm fail a 1cc on whatever difficulty, especially if was really close.  Damn Yuka.
-I'm not really great with intentional deathbombs, but I still try to do it a lot in MoF to conserve faith (see anal about scoring).  I guess this isn't so bad though since it gives me practice!

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #188 on: December 30, 2010, 09:22:32 PM »
In the fighting games I just constantly mash the melee button for a dial-A combo. that often causes things to go wrong. and I can't make any other combos because of that.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2010, 09:24:23 PM »
In the fighting games I just constantly mash the melee button for a dial-A combo. that often causes things to go wrong. and I can't make any other combos because of that.

I do that too but I sometimes make awesome combos because of it. Though half the time I know what I'm doing.

« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2011, 01:20:55 PM »
1. I have a habbit of going to the end of screen when bullets are homing at me like on PCB's stage 4 then I have to up to the top of the screen and bomb or when I run out of bombs I'll die.
2. I have a habbit of always staring at my hitbox and not caring of the other bullets and still on PCB's stage 4 when the two fairies at the end appears to shoot out some falling bullet's I die.
FlANnnnN :P

« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2011, 06:53:43 PM »
i got too much:

1) Forget to use bombs -__-" even when i gain extra ones.....
2) one of them days where you just run into a bullet and 'woops'
3) inaccurately read bullets and die thinking 'no way that bullet did not just kill me'
4) risks i take that almost lead me to death
5) panic bomb when i think that i die - it's a reflex
6) tendancy to try graze or die trying
7) Break borders on purpose, screw the score i beat the game at least.
8) coincidently activate a bomb wehn i think i die, but the boss die's instead so wasted a bomb when the boss is has a single tiny bit of life
9) when starting from stage 1 always make a foolish attempt  to get every power up and others.

but yea, practice and i got it, try not to have a lazy state...

« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2011, 01:37:29 AM »
My bad habits include:

Trying to look at all of the screen instead of worrying about the bullets about to kill me. (happens in all games, actually)
Focusing on one area at a time, which means I'm absolutely terrible when it comes to patterns that shoot you from both sides. (Which tends to be pretty much any spellcard)
Refusing to use bombs, then die.
Getting too twitchy with bombs, then use one against a boss with a sliver of health left when I could have avoided the bullets normally.
Can perfect stages 1-3 in EoSD, but ALWAYS die to Cirno's icicle fall. (Normal mode)
Tend to quit the games at stage 4 because that's when it starts becoming repetition and memorization of patterns. (Hurray short attention span!)

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2011, 02:02:26 AM »
I used to look to high up on the screen.  It always caused a death and it took me awhile to realize what was going wrong.
2lazy2createbettersig

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
« Reply #194 on: April 03, 2011, 06:08:42 AM »
I just began playing Touhou Games recently (Starting with EoSD and moving form there) so I had a lot of the many bad habits first-timers had when I did a run. I slowly got better but something still occurs.

I can't seem to break the habit of panic bombing (especially where Patchouli's Royal Flare is concerned) This is also why when I try to 1cc normal that Sakuya from EoSD'd level 5 eats a lot of my bombs. I rarely have them for where they are really needed (Remillia in that case).

Is there any real trick to prevent that panic reaction form happening?
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2011, 06:23:54 AM »
i go out of my way to graze a juicy pile of bullets just to hear the loud TAKATAKATAK noises, and usually end up getting killed
i just can't resist that noise

also my worst habit is probably quitting after a game over. i've been trying to use continues more often so i can get more practice on the later stages

Yuyuko Yakumo

• Carry me~ow
  • Rawr I eat your face with maaaaaagicalness
« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2011, 06:51:03 AM »
I have a pretty bad habit of remaining in focused mode all the time. It's not a good thing when you need to do some quick dodging and your hand is glued to the shift key.
I know, I know. I'll get a real avatar and signature soon. -_-

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #197 on: April 03, 2011, 07:59:42 AM »
Please don't bump old threads.  Make a new thread if you want to continue this discussion
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:11:17 AM by Kogasa Tatara »