Author Topic: A UFO thread I guess  (Read 49455 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: A UFO thread I guess
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2009, 06:00:11 PM »
Donut, don't try it. I tried it, and it has no sense criticizing people hating UFO's music.
Problem is, that UFO comes right after SA, where pretty much every track is a master piece.
So it's pretty hard for UFO to follow.
SA every track a master piece? Not sharing that opinion of the bandwagon. I have my own taste + opinion. I guess I am allowed to say for myself that I did not like entirely Ichirin's theme. The opening of the song is just bleh for me.

Example: so many people like Utusho's theme, while I don't.

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2009, 06:54:15 PM »
I quite like all the musis....then again, I like pretty much all music. There isn't really anything I can't get into. So I guess my opinion doesn't matter much then huh? ;D

FIGHT!

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2009, 07:00:55 PM »
UFO scoring system is probably going to make me rage  ;D

Lots of restarts... I don't even want to think about it...

Oh, and Marisa's new look. It's pretty cool!

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2009, 09:02:56 PM »
At the end of UFO Sanae kills Reimu to become the new main character.
While Marisa opens a fast food chain called Mc'risa's.
In Touhou 13 Suwako, Kanako, and Sanae are all playable characters.
All Danmaku and bombs have been replaced with food items, and the goal of the game is to feed all the hungry youkai to make them stop eating people and also to gain faith.
Extra lives are gained when you fill up the Faith o' Meter and gain mass advertising.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2009, 09:51:19 PM »
All Danmaku and bombs have been replaced with food items, and the goal of the game is to feed all the hungry youkai to make them stop eating people and also to gain faith.
Extra lives are gained when you fill up the Faith o' Meter and gain mass advertising.

You should work for ZUN. Oh wait, ZUN works alone.

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2009, 11:36:32 PM »
UFO scoring system is probably going to make me rage  ;D

Lots of restarts... I don't even want to think about it...

at least I can ignore not having the UFOs eat away as much items as I'd like them to (though I can't ignore dying when trying to summon one, or getting the wrong one, or letting the UFO fly away). But in SA, I would restart the game as soon as I think that my graze counter isn't good enough. I mean, I like having fun while scoring (even if it makes the game harder; later on I would at least have a personal mark to improve in a more technical/adequate way), this is to me a very important factor in deciding which games I should try to put more effort into, and UFO imho has appealed to my greedy side in a positive way.

I'd like TH12 (and the future Windows games) to be enjoyable for non-Touhou shmup players as well (with more strenght than I'd like more TH fans to actually play the games, possibly in par with how I'd like TH fans to not proritize fanon over canon. Seriously, reading that one Sanae+Kogasa 4-koma is making people stop liking Sanae is saddening). More people playing for highscores would be nice.. (hearing that TH games are boring, as much as I can understand these, isn't)

Last, but not least. I'm a proud Mima fan. If you Mima-haters (and Mima-fans haters) have something to say about her fans, say it to me as well. I dare you to.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2009, 01:38:52 AM »
final boss is Yuyuko

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2009, 02:16:28 AM »
Quote from: theshim
final boss is Yuyuko
Such a battle would be never ending.

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2009, 03:43:17 AM »
Such a battle would be never ending.

Yuyuko vs. Memory, in a Twinkle Star Sprites-style duel. You guys know you want it.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Quintafeira12

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2009, 09:40:10 AM »
The Extra stage will include Clones of whichever character you're playing, only blue skinned.

That's what aliens do... Anal probes and cloning. Probably anal probing wouldn't go very well considering they'd get danmaku up their noses were they to try. But cloning is always cheap.

Wordspoken

• Death Moe
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2009, 06:09:43 PM »
You know what's funny? SA is in the lower tier of Touhou OSTs IMO. Songs like 3rd Eye and Last Remote and Walking the Streets of a Former Hell are countered by bleh songs like Heartfelt Fancy, The Dark Blowhole, and the title and ending themes.

You picked two of my favorites.  ;D

But really, it's meaningless talking about whose taste of music is better, you know? Popularity is another issue.
This voice...sounds like a drunken loli. Is that you, Suika?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2009, 07:05:11 PM »
4th stage boss will be one of the stock Touhou characters from a previous game; someone who has never been a boss of Stage 4 before.

5th stage boss will be an alien scout sent to Gensokyo by her superiors.

The final boss will be a giant UFO that spawns a bunch of tiny UFOs that fire danmaku at you.

In the extra stage, the pilot of the giant UFO will invite you to fight her enemy, which is another alien.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2009, 07:53:16 PM »
4th stage boss will be one of the stock Touhou characters from a previous game; someone who has never been a boss of Stage 4 before.

The final boss will be a giant UFO that spawns a bunch of tiny UFOs that fire danmaku at you.

In the extra stage, the pilot of the giant UFO will invite you to fight her enemy, which is another alien.

O Great Prophet, what will these aliens look like?
Advocate of Transhumanism

Tengukami

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2009, 08:02:46 PM »

O Great Prophet, what will these aliens look like?

I normally avoid the stock "your mom" response, but that O Great Prophet remark somehow makes it feel appropriate.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »
But I was honestly curious :'(
Advocate of Transhumanism

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2009, 08:08:22 PM »
I'd normally expect a lot of ribbons and frilly dresses, but seeing what ZUN's done with Utsuho and Ichirin, I'm not so sure.

Tengukami

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2009, 08:11:15 PM »
I'd normally expect a lot of ribbons and frilly dresses, but seeing what ZUN's done with Utsuho and Ichirin, I'm not so sure.

Very true. A lot of SA characters were frills-free. I'm just hoping the aliens aren't green with big round heads and antennae.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2009, 08:29:50 PM »
He would never be so unoriginal. The game might not have any aliens at all, for all we know.

Tengukami

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2009, 08:35:57 PM »
He would never be so unoriginal. The game might not have any aliens at all, for all we know.

True enough. I was just spitballing.

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2009, 10:55:31 PM »
Now I'm imagining SA's stage 4 with a midboss-UFO in place of Orin.

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2009, 04:24:42 AM »
Think about it this way: If Mima returns, the fanboys will shut up about her returning.  If she never returns, they will never shut up about it.

Actually, should Mima appear the would be rejoice and then we would speculate when is she going to become playable again ;D

Fixed.

Also, MoF's demo gave me bad vibes, turned out a bad game, SA had a great demo, great game. I expect UFO to follow the same pattern and since the demo started bad, it usually doesn't improve much.

With all the talk of Mima, it's someone like Yumemi who's more likely but I don't want her to appear either in a game like this either.

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2009, 06:09:40 AM »
Random thought: Ichirin and Unzan Ex
midboss would be very scary.

R-9A2 Delta

• laser laser laser laser
  • totally not obsessed with Yuka
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2009, 08:25:03 AM »
I came up with a crack theory at the release of UFO before I found out Ichirin hired Nazrin.

Nazrin = EX stage midboss.
SOOPUR CHEN = EX boss.

Quintafeira12

« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2009, 10:58:51 PM »

While true, It's doubtful at the point that we already have spaceships running abound.

They might never get in it and never see an alien, but there's a real hard time denying that they won't exist, since belief in UFO's aren't a part of Gensokyo's culture.

Unless that "Unbelieved Facts go into Gensokyo!" theory was true after all and this is its official canon debut. Then we'll get aiens for the simple fact that people don't believe in them in the real world.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2009, 11:06:31 PM »

While true, It's doubtful at the point that we already have spaceships running abound.

They might never get in it and never see an alien, but there's a real hard time denying that they won't exist, since belief in UFO's aren't a part of Gensokyo's culture.

Unless that "Unbelieved Facts go into Gensokyo!" theory was true after all and this is its official canon debut. Then we'll get aiens for the simple fact that people don't believe in them in the real world.

Even if we do get aliens, they may look completely human. After 11 completed games, I don't think it's safe to make any predictions on what ZUN comes up with next.

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2009, 11:07:41 PM »
I personally prefer to count Kaguya et al as aliens. Regardless, we can still assume that if there will be aliens, they will definitely be loli.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2009, 02:09:44 AM »
The one assumption we can safely make about any Windows Touhou game -- 90% or more of the cast will be loli.

Unzan is the only reason it isn't 100% of the cast. Unless you don't want to count him, but that's just cheating.
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2009, 02:20:34 AM »
- Kaguya, Eirin, Reisen, Chiyuri, Yumemi, Ruukoto, the Watatsuki sisters and Reisen II count as aliens to me, and ZUN can moefy various kinds of youkai
- much has been said about Yumemi, but judging from the flower at the right side of the screen, and the Star-Lotus ship thing at the title, I think that it will be an original character
- one theory of mine (which can't be confirmed, but still), is that the game could feature the mythological Vimanas (ancient flying vessels)
Translations.

« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2009, 04:08:47 AM »
I'm pretty sure Chiyuri, Yumemi, and Ruukoto are from Earth, not the Moon ... :o

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2009, 04:53:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure Chiyuri, Yumemi, and Ruukoto are from Earth, not the Moon ... :o
To Gensokyo they're (technically) aliens...or whatever. I haven't even played UFO yet.