Author Topic: A UFO thread I guess  (Read 49453 times)

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
Re: A UFO thread I guess
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2009, 05:49:21 PM »
Does anyone know how many copies that are usually released with each new game? Are we talking a few hundreds, or is it some thousands of copies?
Take me to your library, give me your spellbooks.

Drake

« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2009, 06:17:36 PM »

Dammit. I had most of the pictures before, but I lost them or something.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »
I dont know how many copies are sold, but I don't expect a shortage to occur (or haven't heard of one); heard that you can't buy more than one copy per person, and that some people try to sell their copies later by a much higher price, even though the games become available for online sale for less

(let's see the drawings people will come with, when the silhouette for the game's final/ex boss is shown :D)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Wordspoken

• Death Moe
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2009, 07:21:10 PM »
Ah dammit. I have a chess tournament in the same weekend. Won't be here refresh-monkeying proper sites and commenting like the world would end.
This voice...sounds like a drunken loli. Is that you, Suika?

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2009, 09:24:55 PM »
I dont know how many copies are sold, but I don't expect a shortage to occur (or haven't heard of one); heard that you can't buy more than one copy per person, and that some people try to sell their copies later by a much higher price, even though the games become available for online sale for less

(let's see the drawings people will come with, when the silhouette for the game's final/ex boss is shown :D)
So basically there's no need to camp outside the building to get hold of a copy? Sounds nice. Then I might actually have a chance to find the tables before they sell out.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2009, 11:09:50 AM »
Drake, this picture is made of win.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2009, 08:04:44 PM »
Going to stay away from any Touhou sites until I can play the full version for myself. This is the first Touhou game I'm able to go "WHATS NEXT WHATS NEXT OOHOHOHOHO" at, I started playing the games after SA was released.

I don't think I'll survive, though.

« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2009, 03:04:16 AM »
good luck, if you do manage to resist the urge of curiosity and is persistent enough to clear the stages and see the endings/extra/characters by yourself, congratulations :D  (but consider that this may take a while..)
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Tenbatsu! Myon Rabbie

• I cannot and will not learn.
  • Letty is sick of my shit.
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2009, 10:55:52 AM »
Im waiting for a pic of the front cover..

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2009, 06:14:55 PM »
@saiyoucho:

In regards to getting the game at Comiket, you have to plan a lot better than how I think you're going about it.

I went to last year's Summer Comiket and was hoping in the offchance to get a copy of SA and I failed badly. I actually never found ZUN's booth (though I didn't explicitly try once I got in). The halls are huge and while the map in the catalog is pretty accurate, navigating through the rows and rows of tables takes some getting used to. Drawing up a floor plan and path is something I would definitely do the next time. And the talk I heard afterwards was that ZUN's booth was out of stock after about 3 hours and I didn't even get inside the con till after noon. (I think I stood in one spot outside for 45 minutes). My general impression is that if you're not waiting at the con within the first hour of trains starting up again in the morning, you're not getting the game.

In general though, I've learned the optimal way to do Comiket is to indeed get the limited merchandise goodies. Prioritize things on desire, rarity, what time you're able to go and how many people you are attending with who will also stand in lines for you. Try to be aware of what's available ahead of time. I missed out on a limited Touhou grab bag (oh the precious Yuyuko fan I missed out on) that Toranoana was selling because I missed the fact that there were commercial booths upstairs and a few of them sold Touhou stuff. Depending on the items, you'll probably make under 10 purchases the entire day and spend the bulk of the day in line unless you finish waiting in line and just wander the hall afterwards. Budget yourself too, or if you have a relatively high budget, just buy it. Unless you want to get something signed by the artist, you won't need to buy most doujin comics or music at Comiket. Stop by Akiba's Toranoana or other shops a few days after and snatch up the bulk of the recently released doujins there for a few 100 more yen markup.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2009, 07:01:48 PM »
lol

you need to plan yourself ahead that much!

i can't even imagine what it is to go to a place like this :P

and while UFO's music is good, i'm still waiting for something to take my love from IN's music, which is still my favourite Touhou sountrack.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2009, 10:49:33 PM »

I'm going to quote Talka.

This is what he said last year:
SA is going for over 6k yen on Japanese online auctions... (Originally 1k.) It sold out almost instantly at Comiket. A lot of people were lined up at Shanghai Alice before 10 am. (Comiket opens at 10 am, so many of these people supposedly got in illegally by buying/exchanging circle tickets.)

link to that post:

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:JWBGstxRtq4J:old.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php%3Ftopic%3D1153.0+comiket+subterrenean+animism+sold+out&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk

« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2009, 04:44:46 AM »
thank you very much for the information, next time I (hopefully) won't repeat that mistake :D  (hope that I'm not mistaken about the date as well..)
Translations.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2009, 11:58:46 AM »
This is the first Touhou game I'm able to go "WHATS NEXT WHATS NEXT OOHOHOHOHO" at, I started playing the games after SA was released.

Same.  I got into Touhou roughly this time last year, just after SA came out.  So I'm planning to vanish for a bit and play it like crazy until I at least meet the Extra boss.

Too bad I won't understand a word of what's being said, but I have the feeling it won't take long to translate and patch, especially since it seems to be roughly the MoF/SA engine still.

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2009, 07:31:02 PM »
@saiyoucho:

In regards to getting the game at Comiket, you have to plan a lot better than how I think you're going about it.

I went to last year's Summer Comiket and was hoping in the offchance to get a copy of SA and I failed badly. I actually never found ZUN's booth (though I didn't explicitly try once I got in). The halls are huge and while the map in the catalog is pretty accurate, navigating through the rows and rows of tables takes some getting used to. Drawing up a floor plan and path is something I would definitely do the next time. And the talk I heard afterwards was that ZUN's booth was out of stock after about 3 hours and I didn't even get inside the con till after noon. (I think I stood in one spot outside for 45 minutes). My general impression is that if you're not waiting at the con within the first hour of trains starting up again in the morning, you're not getting the game.

In general though, I've learned the optimal way to do Comiket is to indeed get the limited merchandise goodies. Prioritize things on desire, rarity, what time you're able to go and how many people you are attending with who will also stand in lines for you. Try to be aware of what's available ahead of time. I missed out on a limited Touhou grab bag (oh the precious Yuyuko fan I missed out on) that Toranoana was selling because I missed the fact that there were commercial booths upstairs and a few of them sold Touhou stuff. Depending on the items, you'll probably make under 10 purchases the entire day and spend the bulk of the day in line unless you finish waiting in line and just wander the hall afterwards. Budget yourself too, or if you have a relatively high budget, just buy it. Unless you want to get something signed by the artist, you won't need to buy most doujin comics or music at Comiket. Stop by Akiba's Toranoana or other shops a few days after and snatch up the bulk of the recently released doujins there for a few 100 more yen markup.
Oh hell. Well I've never been to Comiket before and I would probably be going alone too, so I guess it'd be pretty hopeless to try then.

And that probably goes for getting that Tasofro expansion/game/whatever new thing they'll release too.

Just one more question, how long does it usually take before the new Touhou games make their ways to one of the doujin shops?

Like White Canvas and such. I would really want to be able to get my hands on UFO while I'm still in Japan rather than waiting several months to buy a copy of it. Especially since I'm planning on buying all of the official games and soundtracks at the same time while I'm at it. =P

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2009, 02:04:13 AM »
Just one more question, how long does it usually take before the new Touhou games make their ways to one of the doujin shops?

I remember not seeing any copies of SA in stores after Comiket although I missed going to White Canvas at the end. I wasn't good at finding any small shops that might have had it so I should just say that it'd be pretty difficult to find in general. Shop around to find a good price on the older games. I don't really remember what the prices were on some of these because I wasn't looking to buy them.

« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2009, 03:40:58 AM »
I've been thinking about the last boss of UFO.. she absolutely needs to be badass-firepower style like utsuho except with master spark worthy lasers and shit that rips apart the screen, think independance day movie

Drake

« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2009, 03:51:07 AM »
I've been thinking about the last boss of UFO.. she absolutely needs to be badass-firepower style like utsuho except with master spark worthy lasers and shit that rips apart the screen, think independance day movie
Except ZUN makes final bosses almost completely irrelevant to the situation, so likely it won't be an alien.

Probably a robot loli that emits a frequency that draws the ufos to her.

Drake

« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2009, 04:14:16 AM »
EX-Boss.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2009, 12:18:23 PM »
This is the first Touhou game I'm able to go "WHATS NEXT WHATS NEXT OOHOHOHOHO" at, I started playing the games after SA was released.

Same.  I got into Touhou roughly this time last year, just after SA came out.  So I'm planning to vanish for a bit and play it like crazy until I at least meet the Extra boss.

Too bad I won't understand a word of what's being said, but I have the feeling it won't take long to translate and patch, especially since it seems to be roughly the MoF/SA engine still.

I hadn't thought of this until now. What a good feeling. I dunno that I'll be up for days refreshing pages and looking for links, but once I get it I won't be on Touhou websites for awhile so that everything is new and I discover the game myself.

Just the thought of "I get to discover the game myself before internet ruins it" is a really exciting feeling. Especially since what got me into Touhou was a video of Flandre.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2009, 12:44:59 PM »
I always thought that somehow Ichirin's sister is revived and she becomes the stage 6 boss.

Thats what I was always thinking. After all, if you read the translated script, it seems pretty clear that Ichirin has a very strong "superior female person that may or may not be her sister" who apparently could be revived if you collect all the pieces of the treasure (The UFOs). So it seems like she would be the Stage 6 or Extra Boss.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Tenbatsu! Myon Rabbie

« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »
I saw a dream about UFO's Extra Stage Boss.
She will be a Space Clown Princess, who carries the space ship in a huge chain. Also, the space ship is really a floating pirate ship.

End of discussion.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2009, 04:56:03 PM »
I saw a dream about UFO's Extra Stage Boss.
She will be a Space Clown Princess, who carries the space ship in a huge chain. Also, the space ship is really a floating pirate ship.

End of discussion.

You are like 5 pages too late.

Tenbatsu! Myon Rabbie

« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2009, 05:02:06 PM »
.. Dance the dance of life?

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2009, 06:44:27 PM »
I'm actually more curious what the Stage 4 and Stage 5 bosses will be.

. . . Moe Laser Defense System? *nosebleeds*
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2009, 12:00:24 AM »
they'll be a mechanical bee loli and a fat insect queen loli. I think..
Translations.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2009, 12:41:09 AM »
Blah blah fat insect queen loli. Blah blah

Her Midboss is A Souta Bee in knight armor
Wotters gonna' wot

« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2009, 04:06:56 AM »
"Bees. My god."

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2009, 05:29:47 AM »
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

. . . Moe Laser Defense System?
Very likely o.o

Stage 4 boss... I actually expect a duel with another character, based on type (ReimuA and SanaeB fight Marisa, etc. etc.), just for stupid non-existant pattern reasons [IN was the end of the first 'trilogy' of classic windows Danmaku games... we're overdue for an ally fight - or maybe that'll be 13].  After all, Stage 4s have to vary up based on character you're playing.

Stage 5 has to be some conncetion to the stage 6 boss.  Defense System Loli goes here.

Stage 6 is some crazy girl who collects treasure en masse in the UFO - it has actually been stealing more shit from Gensokyo than Marisa!

EX Boss is Ichirin's masister.