Author Topic: Touhou 12.8 - 妖精大戦争 ~ 東方三月精 ~ The Great Fairy Wars. F-ff-freezing a-a-article  (Read 124577 times)

Lite?彼女

• きゃー!
  • Surprisingly Lite
dont see this extra run posted anywhere, so here it is. looks pretty cool actually, but since they mentioned reimu too she shoulda got one too, oh well im still impressed as always by zun
part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbdmTL1YcjY
part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzLaJ2af-lQ

Formless God

like damage you without killing you
> Healthbars
... Not sure if want.

BeyPok?Dig

• Eajy modo player
  • Shou puts both "laser" and "shou" in lasershow.
Healthbars
... Not sure if want.

NONONONONONO definitely not typical healthbars. Just the system used in this Extra stage. Basically, everything kills you, but you slowly get extra lives like you do in this game, and there are some attacks that make you lose parts of incomplete lives. %s would work best IMO (i really like this game's system), but if ZUN decides to use thirds or fifths or something else, i probably won't complain much.
Why so nanoka?
Kaguya vs. Mokou

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
Ohgod what happened in my sleep? 62 replies wtf.
also inb4DanmakufuFairyWarsEngine
(seriously speaking though, this looks like it could be easier to remake in danmakufu than Double Spoiler)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
There is a definite learning curve to this game. I was feeling pretty cocky after A-1, and then walked into A-2 and having to continue against Daiyousei. "Stage 2" has an almost Stage 4 feel to it, in my opinion.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Using this life system could give birth to bullets what doesn't kill you but give you status effects, like poison.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
So, apparently my reading everything Cirno says as "Bitch I fuckin' own!" with different punctuations was not off the mark.

BeyPok?Dig

• Eajy modo player
  • Shou puts both "laser" and "shou" in lasershow.
Oh hakurei god, status effects. I think there is slow down effect mist in 9.5, but poison, radioactivity, being set on fire etc. would be more awesome.
Why so nanoka?
Kaguya vs. Mokou

ebarrett

I'm disappointed with the lack of
Spoiler:
"Dial M for Marisa" Marisa
, but minor aesthetical complaints aside, it looks crazy fun.

lumber_of_the_beast

Oh hakurei god, status effects. I think there is slow down effect mist in 9.5, but poison, radioactivity, being set on fire etc. would be more awesome.
Someone email ZUN. Give him these ideas. This must be.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
So, uh, I think I found the first bug?

After clearing five routes, including a 1cc on C-1, I went back and ended up doing... it was either C-1 again, or C-2 (I swear to god it was supposed to be C-2!) and the game gave me a "You are Super Player!" thing - and my replay file says I cleared EX.

...Wait, what?

I don't even have EX unlocked, and C-2 didn't get a 'clear'.  the replay also crashes the system.

So, uh, I think I found the first bug?

After clearing five routes, including a 1cc on C-1, I went back and ended up doing... it was either C-1 again, or C-2 (I swear to god it was supposed to be C-2!) and the game gave me a "You are Super Player!" thing - and my replay file says I cleared EX.

...Wait, what?

I don't even have EX unlocked, and C-2 didn't get a 'clear'.  the replay also crashes the system.
It doesn't even show the route.   ???   

Well, the game is far from perfect so a bug every now and then is no big deal. 
Spoiler:
As long as it doesn't happen to me.  8)

Neonie

• EYE AM A TYE TILL
  • ⑨ Baka Nine
    • Gem Wings
This Touhou game is officially my favorite. 

Tengukami

I love this idea.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
made it to stage 3 without dying! i proceeded to use all my continues on stage 3 and not even get to the last card.

i can't tell if i'm improving or not  :/

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Played on a computer that is not mine for a few minutes.

This is...snazzy.  I can see it requiring a lot of memorization, especially on higher difficulties, but it is nonetheless pretty sweet.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Tengukami

Made a not-so-serious go at it and managed to get as far as just after Sunny Milk's midboss attack, on Easy, before running out of lives. I was playing Normal for a while before realizing it was running at 74 FPS, but to be honest, it felt like 60 FPS. So who's to say?

I love fighting Star Sapphire most of all.

Really? I can't stand fighting Star Sapphire, but her Q.E.D. midspells are amazingly fun to freeze.

My favorite route so far is definitely B1-C2-A3 (is that how the shorthand goes?). Fighting Lily Black in Stage 2 Lunatic gives the greatest attack ever.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Really? I can't stand fighting Star Sapphire, but her Q.E.D. midspells are amazingly fun to freeze.

My favorite route so far is definitely B1-C2-A3 (is that how the shorthand goes?). Fighting Lily Black in Stage 2 Lunatic gives the greatest attack ever.
Well, the game has six route labels: A-1, A-2, B-1, B-2, C-1, and C-2.  Referring to the route you start on and what decision you make right afterwards.  I believe that's route B-2.

I hate B-1 with all my heart and soul.

Ohhhh, that makes a lot more sense, nevermind then.

B-2 Luna Child is amazing.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Cleared Extra after 7 or 8 attempts, here's a vid of it on Youtube if anyone's interested (spoilers obviously). :V Part 1 (stage), part 2 (boss). Messed up pretty badly near the end, but still managed to scrape the clear. Both the stage and boss BGMs are really sweet for this stage.
Let's fight.

Tengukami

Heh, cool. I'm still testing different finger arrangements.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
I bet the big reason
Spoiler:
Mari
made it into this game is so ZUN wouldn't have to break his streak of having her in a game. Or wait, he already did that with StB didn't he? >_o

[ruro]I forgive you for the lack of spoiler tags due to phonepost[/ruro]

And don't worry Slables, I'm on the border between normal and hard in normal Touhou games, but I got raped on normal and went to easy. Will work my way up to normal after extra stage.

And whoa, Extra stage's stage part is almost 5 minutes long. That seems excessive.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 05:38:56 AM by Shinjiruro Taiga »
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

ebarrett

And whoa, Extra stage's stage part is almost 5 minutes long. That seems excessive.

freeze > 100% > freeze > 100% > freeze >100% > freeze > 100% > free-GODDAMN ENDLESS GREEN BULLET FAIRY SPAM

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
I bet the big reason
Spoiler:
Mari
made it into this game is so ZUN wouldn't have to break his streak of having her in a game. Or wait, he already did that with StB didn't he? >_o
She's in StB if you count the game's icon. :V
Yeah, it's a damn long one. I could maybe have shaved a minute or so off the video if I hadn't spent time milking attacks for extends, but almost all of the cards take a fair amount of time to destroy.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 05:39:13 AM by Shinjiruro Taiga »
Let's fight.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
This may be a dumb question, but what do the light beams do? I can't tell from the videos, but it doesn't seem like it kills you instantly if it hits you.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

This may be a dumb question, but what do the light beams do? I can't tell from the videos, but it doesn't seem like it kills you instantly if it hits you.

iirc it gradually decreases your determination/health percentage.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
it gradually decreases your determination/health percentage.
This. It's not a problem if you're freezing regularly and only zip into one every so often, but they can easily shave a life off if you stop paying attention to them, so it's worth making sure you avoid them as much as possible.
Let's fight.

Tengukami

Lord jesus on a biscuit Extra looks tough. Maybe she really is the strongest.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Quote from: ZUN
Attacks in an STG that don't instantly kill you

........... ???