Author Topic: Star Wars- Any Fans?  (Read 19656 times)

Jana

• mrgrgr
Re: Star Wars- Any Fans?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2010, 01:23:42 AM »
SOUNDS IN SPACE WHOOO PSHOO PEWPEW BOOM!

Fix'd

Also, I've only seen Episodes 1 and 2, although I do have a lightsaber toy somewhere. Maybe I can cajole Matsuri into a movie night~? :3

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2010, 01:50:21 AM »
SOUNDS IN SPACE WHOOO PSHOO PEWPEW BOOM ZHWAZHWAZHWAZHWAZHWAN!
trufix

Btw
You can take my word for it, though. EDIT: Moved.
:3
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2010, 02:08:37 AM »
Massive Star Wars fan here. With my family, I once marathoned all six movies in one day.  Exhausting, but worth it.
And yes, I've got the original three nearly memorized.  Them, and Stackpole's books, are the best things to come from Star Wars.
Stackpole's books (actually the X-wing series in general) were one of the best things to come out of the Star Wars universe in general.

I think I like the Expanded Universe just as much as the movies.  The Star Wars EU is probably the biggest world building exercise wherein many characters, not just the ones seen in the movies may live.  Some of my favorite stories are the ones centered on the people not seen or only briefly seen in the movies.

Badass bookworms

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 05:22:32 AM »
I hear talk of fake lightsaber fights and now I wish I was a kid again.  And that doesn't happen very often. >.>

Oh man, I watched too much sci-fi when I was young (I blame/thank my parents).  Dr Who, Star Trek, Red Dwarf, Babylon 5 (although I don't remember much of that one, must rewatch it at some point), and of course Star Wars.  There was just... Something so awe inspiring in it that I can't quite pinpoint, but it was there.  Maybe it was the lightsaber fights, or the sheer menace of Darth Vader, or maybe I just liked the idea of a moon sized planet smashing space station. >.>

...Nah, it mostly came down to the fact that it was a fairytale IN SPAAAAAAAACE.  And, well, I've always been a sucker for fairytales.  And Star Wars was better than a regular fairytale due to all the laser swords and space battles and frigging Darth Vader.

...Oh man oh man, now I'm gonna have to watch those films again.  I blame all of you. >.<
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2010, 05:49:27 AM »
I never got into starwars. Star trek though, <3... though voyager was disappointing, and enterprise is an utter disgrace.

Star wars Jedi outcast and Jedi academy are 2 very cool games, much better than force unleashed IMO.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Star Wars
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2010, 08:22:27 AM »
I saw the original Star Wars movie at a drive-in when it first came out, and have been a fan ever since.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Re: Star Wars
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »
I saw the original Star Wars movie at a drive-in when it first came out, and have been a fan ever since.

Hey there grandpa, why so old?

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2010, 09:40:07 AM »
...Nah, it mostly came down to the fact that it was a fairytale IN SPAAAAAAAACE.

Good call! I've heard Star Wars be described as Space Opera, but, with the EU and all the other shenanigans with the prequel trilogy and the Old Republic stuff, it feels more accurate to describe it as Space Fantasy. We have setting-prescribed Evil Cultists, Wizards, Themed Dungeons (what with every planet having exactly one ecosystem :V), Wandering Swordsmen etc. etc. etc.

It's certainly how I envisioned Star Wars when I ran my SAGA RPG, and it was a perfect fit.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2010, 09:41:20 AM »
Also this.
Ah, almost forgot about that. Yeah, DnD is awesome.  :3
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Star Wars
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2010, 11:27:58 AM »
I'm old because I was born long ago. In a galaxy far, far away.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2010, 11:40:31 AM »
I'm old because I was born long ago. In a galaxy far, far away.

No wonder I felt a presence I haven't felt since...

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2010, 02:45:17 PM »
... :V
                                                                                   .

CirnoFan

• I never thought I'd get this chance :O!
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2010, 06:22:36 PM »
I knew it! About 95% of the members here are fans of star wars! Looks like Michael is right! Star Wars is the most popular franchise ever, even to Touhou Fans!
Previous Usernames: CirnoFan754, CirnoFan, The Scale of Rivalry, The Square of Rivalries, Wikipe-Tan, Car Inferno
Posts: 83/150 What will happen is my YouTube and deviantART account will appear when the # of posts reaches 150.

No, I didn't make it.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2010, 06:24:06 PM »
This is, uh, a pretty small sample size you're takin' here.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2010, 06:52:26 PM »
How old are you, CirnoFan? :V

Comparing Star Wars to Touhou is kind of absurd, since Star Wars is a gigantic world-spanning franchise that's been through every media imaginable, while Touhou is a series of indie games that's really only popular on the internet (and even then, mostly in Japan).

Also, claiming that people can't be fans of Touhou and Star Wars at the same time is kind of silly. That's like saying I can't be a fan of Pokemon and Silent Hill at the same time.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:57:19 AM by SenSageUn »

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 06:56:06 PM »
Also, claiming that people can't be fans of Touhou and Star Wars at the same time is kind of silly. That's like saying I can't be a fan of Pokemon and Silent Hill at the same time.

I CHOOSE YOU, SEXUALIZED CORPSE-NURSE

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 07:44:58 PM »
Of the members of this forum, many people don't even look into this off-topic forum.

Of the people who look into this off-topic forum, not everybody would be inclined to look at this thread; most people who are not interested in Star Wars would not even look at the thread. Meaning the sample is biased anyways.

I myself would not have looked at this thread hadn't it started out in CPMC.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2010, 07:46:34 PM »
On an entirely unrelated note, I love how three of the people posting in this topic have part of hiimdaisy's comic as their sigs.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2010, 07:47:51 PM »
On an entirely unrelated note, I love how three of the people posting in this topic have part of hiimdaisy's comic as their sigs.

hiimdaisy is pretty amazing.

(you've all seen the dub on youtube right)

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2010, 07:50:21 PM »
hiimdaisy is pretty amazing.

(you've all seen the dub on youtube right)
you know there are several dozen, but I assume you're referring to StrawberryCreme26's, which is glorious
[/offtopic]

(unless hiimdaisy were to do a Star Wars comic :*)

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2010, 07:58:03 PM »
I'm one of those weird people that actually liked one of the prequels (Episode 1), but that's probably because of my age at the time. Duel of the Fates was pretty awesome though.

Also I'm finishing Ruin right now, and can attest that Stackpole is a pretty good author, especially his ship-to-ship battles. Though the amount of times he ends chapters with someone saying "we must do x, or we're all doomed" is kinda funny. :V
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:59:34 PM by Mimeslayer »

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2010, 08:12:14 PM »
I CHOOSE YOU, SEXUALIZED CORPSE-NURSE

give this man an internets.
Let me back into CPMC :|

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2010, 11:19:23 PM »
I have never seen a Star Wars movie in my life, and I have no intent in doing so. (Especially now that my interest in fiction is pretty much nil.)

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2010, 12:11:41 AM »
I was enough of a fan to buy that Age of Empires clone and Force Commander.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2010, 12:26:19 AM »
I was and still am a major fan of Star Wars. There was one period in life where I'd watch one of the movies every single day of a week. No, seriously. I also love the games and comics and have an interested in the novels. In fact, I still go back and replay Rogue Squadron II every now and then. The only reason I don't have more Star Wars stuff in the house (namely, the freakin MOVIES) is from lack of room and cash, not to mention never having a reliable source for said goods.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2010, 12:28:49 AM »
I was enough of a fan to buy that Age of Empires clone and Force Commander.

The AoE clone was shit, but you could put the disk in a cd player and listen to the soundtrack what was straight original, so good.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2010, 04:32:36 AM »
I don't think I have any Star Wars merchandise other than a small AT-AP from Hasbro I bought at a con D:
I don't even have the movies anymore. Which is sad.

Why are those things so expensive here ;-;
                                                                                   .

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2010, 04:21:32 PM »
Thrawn 4 lyfe, dawg.
oh man baby, in-fucking-deed.  if anyone wants to enjoy some truly good books I have the audio versions of this <3

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2010, 11:11:00 PM »
oh man baby, in-fucking-deed.  if anyone wants to enjoy some truly good books I have the audio versions of this <3

Hopefully you're suggesting that by 'enjoy' you mean "People can come over my house and we can listen to the book together" and not "I will give you a bootleg copy". :x Because we have pretty strict anti-piracy rules over here, and depending on the copyright the rules would extend to audio books too.

Other than that, carry on.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2010, 01:24:07 AM »
Oh shit, baby it's on

Party at Kenchan's  >:D
                                                                                   .