Author Topic: ImPerfect Cherry Blossom  (Read 21713 times)

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
Re: ImPerfect Cherry Blossom
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2009, 08:09:26 PM »
I think Aya's quite okay actually. Sure, Maximum Spider is possibly one of the toughest and more BS lvl 4 attacks out there, but MoF gives you shitloads of bombs, it's not like that attack will burn out more than one (her STAGE on the other hand... oh gods, the horror).
I also think that Lyrica's non-spells are quite okay. I'm much more comfortable dodging those straight bullets that evading those damn ghosts merlin throws at you (Laser part is easy, though).

I (now) do somewhat okay against Youmu's spells but her normal attacks are usually blitzkrieg. And personally love the whole Yuyuko fight. Someone there mentioned Eirin. I think that (Apollo13 aside) she's way more enjoyable than Kaguya who just seems like a random stupid girl with a silly sprite that throws random coloured bullets at you.

Finally, anyone that says that Virtue of Wind God is more enjoyable than Ressurection Butterfly: -X% reflowering must be on crack. Hard it this, fun it is not u.u
rofl bye

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2009, 08:15:36 PM »
What the hell is "Maximum Spider?" ???

I think that (Apollo13 aside) she's way more enjoyable than Kaguya who just seems like a random stupid girl with a silly sprite that throws random coloured bullets at you.

At least they're well designed attacks (accusations about Life Spring Infinity aside). Most of Eirin's spells are uninspired attacks that rely on really cheap tactics to hit you, whereas Kaguya's are more skill oriented.

Finally, anyone that says that Virtue of Wind God is more enjoyable than Ressurection Butterfly: -X% reflowering must be on crack. Hard it this, fun it is not u.u

It's an expert spell card.  8) Learn it, and it's really fun.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 08:39:02 PM »
What the hell is "Maximum Spider?" ???

It's one of Spiderman's supermoves in the Marvel vs. Capcom series, where he bounces off the walls and hits the opponent with a succession of powerful punches and kicks.

He's referring to Peerless Wind God.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:05:50 AM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 09:57:52 PM »
[VoWG's] an expert spell card.  8) Learn it, and it's really fun.

Yeah, until you work up the insanity to try timing it out.  Then you hate it again.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 02:21:05 PM »
Ehmm, VileLasagna. Reflowering is just a matter of moving at the bottom of the screen. Left or Right, maybe a little bit up and down. The kind of spell where you should only move when necessary. There isn't much movement involved. Its still a very hard spellcard on Lunatic of course but in terms of entertainment i'd say VoWG wins big time. VoWG forces you to make a lot of quick dodges and a lot of different movements.

VoWG is eternally more entertaining than any spellcard Yuyuko has combined.

If you hated Youmu's slowdown cards in PCB then I'm sure you will just want to hug her after completing her cards in STB, especially her Level 6 Scene 2 Card, I swear I nearly had a stroke completing that card. I can't even touch her Scene 6 card.

Still her slowdown cards in PCB are fairly static, I still have nightmares about her non-card attacks though.

Cleared them all. And about those non-attacks. They aren't frightening at all. Its just dodging. On Lunatic though, i'm not so sure. I'd actually say that Youmu's attacks are more fun than her spellcards.