Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 5F  (Read 231700 times)

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Labyrinth of Touhou 5F
« on: July 30, 2010, 01:30:25 PM »
I'll need to get the links to some Special disc stuff in here soon.

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4

English wiki
Japanese wiki
2.04 download
2.06B download
NG+ save file
Cheat table for use with Cheat Engine.(Cheat list ver: 8th June 2010)
Cheat Table for Special Disc (Cheat list ver: 8th June 2010)

So I need to go beat Flandre sometime today. Shouldn't be to hard seeing as I beat Yukari.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 01:49:28 PM by Rikter »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 5F
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 03:38:31 PM »
Well, Reimu lv78 is simply not high enough to take on 18F. Everything moves before any of my characters can, and then sweeps the party. Guess I'll have to do some grindan~
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 04:20:24 PM »
I beat Flandre just now she was dissapointing compared to Mokou and Yukari.

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 05:50:37 PM »
I beat Flandre just now she was dissapointing compared to Mokou and Yukari.
Yukari was considerably more of a letdown due to speed debuffs + horrid nature resistance.  She only attacked like, twice.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 06:58:05 PM »
I actually thought that was a funner fight you had to stop her from tearing your team to shreds quickly and if you didn't you where screwed.

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 07:04:06 PM »
Beast of Centaurea v2 is ADSFASDFASDFASD-ing me with it's Breakaway Form.
even Hibachi-sama v2 is a lot easier.

sigh.

Anyway, after looking at the JP Wiki, it says that the recommended level is 370.
oh well.
time to grind at 30F again.   :3

I actually thought that was a funner fight you had to stop her from tearing your team to shreds quickly and if you didn't you where screwed.
Flandre's fight is a damage race imo.
she can lolpwn you with any of her signature skill.
especially Lavateinn. when she's starting to spam it.

*on a side note: boss Flan's artwork is rather cute. :3

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 07:23:38 PM »
Finished up the exploration of the 10F-12F maze. That place was a lot less annoying than I remembered it to be... Though I still have to defeat Tenshi and the Eientei trio. Tenshi's attacks are mostly nature element, right?

Also completely forgetting about Sanae and her Foe until just recently made that battle a whole lot easier than on my first playthrough :V Though it did give me a chance to test out Nitori's upgraded LInear Gun; that thing sure got more powerful since v2.04...

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 07:30:09 PM »
Wow. Mokou's kicking my ass.

I got her to her resurrection phase on my first try after a healthy dose of paralysis from Iron Rings and Irremovable Shackles (Who uses that anyways?) after I accidentally got Komachi's debuff to paralyze her.

Then Fujiyama Volcano did 7000~ to everybody.

Otherwise, I'm finding Aya's Peerless Wind God as effective as usual (still 49000~ before needing to switch out), Patchouli is dealing... 20000~?
Chen is also being great, and Reisen's debuffs are great.

Bah. What's the formula for Fujiyama Volcano so I don't only have Komachi alive after it? And what's everyone's opinion of Suika? I mean, she's got a better MND than Remilia for me, and she's got more functionality...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 07:36:19 PM »
Suika's great until you get better buffers to make her self-buff non special, her damage suddenly being only averageish. But that's in plus-disk. Unless you use Iku extensively, then Suika may never be special :P

Only Meiling/Komachi/RemiwithalotofFIRaffinity will survive Fujiyama Volcano. You want to kill her before the second; her HP is set to 80k on Resurrection, so a buffed Megawatt could do it alone, or you could use multiple nukes. And, if I remember right it's composite.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 07:43:11 PM »
Except that this is 2.04. And now I can't remember if Iku buffs 75% in 2.04. Does she, since nobody ever used her before...

Anyways, I'm assuming that Mokou has the same formulas as she does when she's a playable character for the time being.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »
Anyways, I'm assuming that Mokou has the same formulas as she does when she's a playable character for the time being.
No. Everything Boss!Mokou has is purely atk based, except the composite Iwakasa's Curse and magical Flame Wind.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 08:35:55 PM »
Oh, well then.

On the other hand, I just barely scrounged more Flight of Idatens and Peerless Wind Gods after Resurrection again. Rumia got used for un-debuffing, and Suika's debuffing Mokou's speed was huuuge. And Reisen debuffing made everything better.

So I beat Mokou, and Komachi got hit for over 10000~ (still survived though) from Volcano. That's pretty important, since I wasn't using Remilia or Meiling, just Suika and Yuugi. Patchy is falling behind in use, so I'mma find someone to replace her soon.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:38:31 PM by Fox Fanatic »

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 08:37:55 PM »
Except that this is 2.04. And now I can't remember if Iku buffs 75% in 2.04. Does she, since nobody ever used her before...

Iku buffs 72% in everything from 2.01 forward.

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 08:40:40 PM »
Note to self: Don't attempt to buff Patchy with Thundercloud Stickleback without having her PAR resistance buffed. She just sat there paralyzed taking zero damage from the combined efforts of the Eientei trio while the rest of the party went crashing down around her :V

On a more positive note, giving Meiling some +100 NTR resistance gear reduced Tenshi's Violent Motherland from a 1HKO attack to the equivalent of a light breeze. And once again Nitori proved her worth by being responsible for around 100k of the 128k damage needed to take Tenshi down. Seriously, just how much did Linear Gun's damage output get boosted?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 08:43:54 PM »
Seriously, just how much did Linear Gun's damage output get boosted?
Went from

1.25 (500% Atk - 50% Def)

to

1.25 (800% Atk - 50% Def)

Considering very few attacks even go as high as 300% Atk or Mag, that's a pretty damn huge boost.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:45:49 PM by NeoSerela »

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 08:48:16 PM »
Seriously, just how much did Linear Gun's damage output get boosted?

Enough to go from mediocre to top-tier damage dealer?

The actually formula changed from 5x ATK to 8x, I believe. That's before DEF is applied, so against high DEF targets you're looking at maybe double damage between 2.04 and later versions.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 08:56:26 PM »
Agh. I need to farm DTH resistance gear for Yuyuko, don't I?

:/

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 09:00:46 PM »
Agh. I need to farm DTH resistance gear for Yuyuko, don't I?
You should have over 10 Hades rings by the time you'd want to try fighting her anyway. Unless you're incredibly unlucky.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 09:08:23 PM »
I'm a few levels away from the Wiki's recommendation and I've already beaten Mokou. By the nature of this game though... I only have 6.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 09:16:53 PM »
You'll be fine. You'll just have to be economical about it. Anyone with at least 15 DTH resist who isn't in your 4 opening people doesn't need a ring too badly. Also, Tellina Shell Necklace has dth resist.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 09:31:41 PM »
Bah. Suika got hit by DTH on the first turn with 34 resistance. That's right, it has over 100 power, dunnit?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 09:39:47 PM »
Bah. Suika got hit by DTH on the first turn with 34 resistance. That's right, it has over 100 power, dunnit?
200 :3

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 09:41:04 PM »
And on attempt number three, team Eientei goes down! Not very much strategy involved; almost the entire battle consisted of me having Patchy in the second slot and Iku in the third, spamming Royal Flare and Thundercloud Stickleback (thank you, Parallaxal, for showing me the potential of that buff) respectively, while Meiling, Sanae and Reimu took turns in the other two slots trying to keep themselves alive. Once Patchy ran out of SP Kaguya decided to use Focus, so then I switched in Nitori and Marisa to take her and Eirin out before they nuked everyone. They went down in one hit each, and then getting rid of Reisen by herself was rather easy.

I remember how much trouble I had with this battle on my first playthrough...

1.25 (800% Atk - 50% Def)
...unless I'm reading the database wrong, that's quite a bit more than the base power of Master Spark. :o No wonder that thing is powerful.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »
BAAAAAAAW

That's the second time she DTH'd Suika with 34 DTH resist. And it was with Ghastly Dream.

But she went down that time because of 30~ hits from Aya and Chen combined, and Patchouli tanking things like a feather against a brick wall.

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 09:53:42 PM »
...unless I'm reading the database wrong, that's quite a bit more than the base power of Master Spark. :o No wonder that thing is powerful.
It's identical to the base power of Master Spark.  Master Spark's variable damage thanks to SP makes it stronger, though Megawatt Linear Gun only costs 88 SP compared to Master Spark's, er, everything.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 09:54:41 PM »
Well, it means it's 1000% ATK in total.
Master Spark starts at 700% MAG, and goes up to 1400% MAG when at 1600+ SP.

Nitori's ATK growth also isn't exactly the most stellar thing in the world (Heck, not counting her levelling speed for a moment it's one of the worst on a character who actually uses it), and Marisa's MAG is pretty damn good, so assuming neutral-MYS resistance and equal DEF/MND on the target I think you'd generally get more damage out of Master Spark even at low SP.  But with that said, Master Spark needs recharge time between each use (Nitori can fire again once her long delay is covered through some method), and gets neutered by stuff having high MYS resistance -or- stupid-crazy MND, while only a few things have the defense to neuter Megawatt Linear.

Either way, yeah.  Nitori might have gotten buffed -too- much.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 10:54:22 PM »
Fuck yeah I'm about halfway through the Iron Maze now. Sadly for me, the second half is the more annoying half but oh well.

Also, I'm crazy. ATK-based Wriggle does damage what.  :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2010, 10:57:47 PM »
ATK-based Wriggle's Butterfly Storm is a slightly weaker version of Nitori's Extending Arm. Not bad at all. And Comet on Earth is a nice low-SP move to knock off some near-dead cronie.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2010, 11:52:28 PM »
ATK-based Wriggle's Butterfly Storm is a slightly weaker version of Nitori's Extending Arm. Not bad at all. And Comet on Earth is a nice low-SP move to knock off some near-dead cronie.

Whoa, you're right. Butterfly Storm's formula only  has a 10% weaker damage multiplier than Extending Arm, and Wriggle has the same ATK growth but a better leveling rate.

Then again, who uses Nitori for Extending Arm? (Other than, you know, being awesome at clearing floor trash. My Nitori is OHKOing mobs on 26F with it.)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 11:55:12 PM »
(Other than, you know, being awesome at clearing floor trash. My Nitori is OHKOing mobs on 26F with it.)
exactly