Author Topic: Another Touhou manga?  (Read 17095 times)

Re: Another Touhou manga?
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 09:35:36 PM »
I was quite impressed reading this. I love the visual style; it's graceful, detailed and playful all at the same time.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this manga turns out, it seems somewhat... different from the other official Touhou mangas we've had so far. ZUN's writing somehow feels a bit more playful and relaxed, but maybe that's just me.

Merp

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 09:56:49 PM »
The art style is strangely mesmerizing for me
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

Formless God

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 09:57:49 PM »
Though it looks too hastily drawn for some reason :ohdear:

Which isn't something I normally see in my manga. That's what makes it special I guess, like alph :3
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 10:43:17 PM by CAVED Saigyouji Nirvana »

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 04:52:48 AM »
Also, I find the concept of a hermit/ascetic having some sort of of special significance more of an interesting addition to Touhou than Kasen herself. She sounds kind of eccentric though so maybe she'll turn out to be interesting too.

Perfect Momento says that Hermits are essentially Celestials minus the cushy lifestyle and the peaches... or rather, that Celestials are Hermits who have been awarded special privileges due to their asceticism.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 07:51:18 AM »
ZUN's writing somehow feels a bit more playful and relaxed, but maybe that's just me.

Read the 3MF mangas, they are even more relaxed than this. Actually I kinda see it that this manga is a lot more serious than his previous ones.

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 01:15:11 PM »
Read the 3MF mangas, they are even more relaxed than this. Actually I kinda see it that this manga is a lot more serious than his previous ones.

I have read them. I think maybe the mix of more serious themes, yet it still had the somewhat relaxed writing of the 3 Fairies-series was what made it feel unusual. Or maybe it's just me, like I said.

I was a bit surprised when Marisa started talking so greedily about gaining immortality. I guess it wasn't entirely unexpected, and I know ZUN's made similar mentions about her previously, but I couldn't help but find it interesting.

And I love how Reimu explores the alternative uses of the extending arm.

Perfect Momento says that Hermits are essentially Celestials minus the cushy lifestyle and the peaches... or rather, that Celestials are Hermits who have been awarded special privileges due to their asceticism.

That Kasen probably wouldn't like Tenshi goes without saying.

Jelly Belly

• Magical dessert
  • am i a danmaku now
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 03:40:37 PM »
Now! This is the time to establish Kasen-related memes! Do it now! Time is limited!

Ehh. There will be more to discuss when the manga is translated. It only started 2 days ago, after all.
Kasen is Chun Li from Street Fighter.  :V

Also, her dress reminds me of Yukari's dress for some reason...

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Another Touhou manga
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 03:56:40 PM »
We were talking about her hair color in irc the other day. My vote's with blonde, like the onis.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 03:59:17 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 04:47:45 PM »
Pinkish-Orange, or the color between red and pink.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2010, 07:54:44 AM »
Ah, I was wondering when the hermits would be introduced, considering they already have their own PMiSS page. Now we just wait for the dragon.....

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2010, 08:15:57 AM »
Sort of looks like Hideyoshi Kinoshita.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2010, 09:07:07 AM »
Now! This is the time to establish Kasen-related memes! Do it now! Time is limited!
The black dust is black powder!

Kasen Ibaraki is the new Shishio!

SECRET SWORD 2

GUREN KAINAAAAAA

Spoiler:
She can probably blow up her own face by facepalming.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2010, 04:13:25 PM »
The dust (or whatever that is) from her arm probably her power. Just like Suika who capable to turn herself into dust (or whatever you call it), since she lost her arm, her power are bursting out from her wound. So she gather her power into a solid (not as solid as real arm but good enough) arm like, and put a bandage on it as a seal to prevent from leaking out.

Of course, this theory might only possible if Kasen indeed an Oni just like Suika and Yuugi.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2010, 12:00:47 AM »
The black dust is black powder!

Kasen Ibaraki is the new Shishio!

SECRET SWORD 2

GUREN KAINAAAAAA

Spoiler:
She can probably blow up her own face by facepalming.
Does she ignite on fire when going near Mokou?