Author Topic: Nobody Cares How Bad You Are at Touhou! (Accomplishments IX)  (Read 152330 times)

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: Nobody Cares How Bad You Are at Touhou! (Accomplishments IX)
« Reply #990 on: October 18, 2010, 10:21:07 AM »
:objection!: Great Fairy Wars

Oh oops completely forgot about that game (isn't it sad GFW? ;_;).

Although I doubt that will take long to do anyway. Especially since I can probably now look up on RoyalFlare how to do some of those cards without bombs.

Also, I uploaded my MoF no bombs 1cc because it's better than Kefit's  it was a pretty sweet run in hindsight.

Part 1
Part 2

« Reply #991 on: October 18, 2010, 07:53:03 PM »
Hell yeah, Stage 5 before midboss Sanae

That's some small progress on No Bombs

Derped hydro Camouflage, but I might have died there anyway. And I shouldn't have tried a different strat for Spin the Cephalic Plate in a serious run, that just sucked. 5 deaths on Stage 4. 2DNB Aya Fight(Saruta Cross and PWG) 

« Reply #992 on: October 18, 2010, 09:25:14 PM »
Well. I wiped my StB score.DAT a few days ago. Just cleared the game last night, and wow, my shot counts were way different than last time. Top five shot counts:

#1. 8-7 (448 shots)
#2. 10-4 (292 shots)
#3. 9-6 (238 shots)
#4. 9-5 (192 shots)
#5. 5-5 (174 shots)

This was way different from last time. 10-4 and 10-8 didn't make me want to cry, 9-6 actually took longer than it did last time I cleared it, nothing in the EX-Stage took me over fifty shots to clear (EX-8 took me well over a thousand shots to clear my first runthrough of the game)...

Oh well, StB is too fun to dislike. Now to restart DS!

Jaimers

« Reply #993 on: October 18, 2010, 09:32:23 PM »
Got a no bombs 1cc of GFW already.

Might try the other routes one of these days.

« Reply #994 on: October 18, 2010, 10:23:12 PM »
Lunatic VoWG Perfect Timeout

So, I'm #10

So, who's going to be #11?

Will upload it to Youtube once I get Fraps back on this computer.

Edit:

VOWG timeout Youtube vid
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:32:39 AM by Phoenixma »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #995 on: October 19, 2010, 05:30:47 AM »
All right! Nice going man. Wasn't all that hard work worth it after all?

I'm just curious, did it seem like you were a bit hesitant to stay far above the bottom? There's probably some bias in that question considering how I approached the card, but whatever. Again, it's only out of curiosity.

Nereid and Topos, how are you two coming along with VoWG?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #996 on: October 19, 2010, 06:41:23 AM »
Was extremely bored and earned another EoSD Normal 1cc. The real story though involve rare captures of "books",  Koakuma, Sylphae Horn*, Agni Shine*, and Vlad Tepes* in the same run. :o Then proceeded to die way too much in the last two stages but that's another story...

*2nd capture ever for each

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

« Reply #997 on: October 19, 2010, 04:26:43 PM »
I don't know if i should cry or be happy about this: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=10642

I decided to try an MoF Lunatic no-bombs run.
Stage 1,2 and 3 was perfect.
I died once to Momizi but perfected the rest of the stage including Aya.
Perfected Stage 5 until Sanae... who kills me 5 times.  ???
I lose my remaining lives to pathetic performance on Stage 6. Game over at Yamato Torus.

I am in a way very annoyed about how Sanae, a boss that i consistently perfect in practice, ruined such an otherwise fantastic run.
Needless to say, i am kinda discouraged towards trying for no-bombs any time soon.

Lunatic VoWG Perfect Timeout

Very well done. Congratulations.

Jaimers

« Reply #998 on: October 19, 2010, 04:40:32 PM »
Is the solution to Yuka's final boss opener seriously to stand directly under her at the bottom of the screen? Survived a whole bunch of waves doing it this way and never died.

Also, is the solution to Yuka's Master Spark seriously to stand in the lower right corner? Survived a whole bunch of waves doing it this way and never died.

« Reply #999 on: October 19, 2010, 05:52:14 PM »
That was pretty bad.

I am so stealing that idea on premidboss Sanae. Why was I streaming from the other side then trying to turn around quickly. That gets rid of one of the few problems I have on the stage.

Perfect Stage 5

Wasn't satisfied with just having a normal no death run of the stage. Outside of that premidboss streaming, which shouldn't be an issue now, the problems mainly are Secretly Inherited Art of Danmaku, Night With Overly Bright Guest Stars, and Moses's Miracle. Was way out of practice on the last 2 so I was kind of nervous with them. Should probably practice those 2 more since it's easy to mess up.

« Reply #1000 on: October 19, 2010, 05:54:35 PM »
PSM Timeout
This spell has ruined my day many times so i deserve this i think.

Oh oops completely forgot about that game (isn't it sad GFW? ;_;).

Although I doubt that will take long to do anyway. Especially since I can probably now look up on RoyalFlare how to do some of those cards without bombs.

Isn't Royalflare all about score running? Surely there is better points in Freezing cards than Gold Medalling (kinda retarded that).

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #1001 on: October 19, 2010, 08:25:47 PM »
I know we've hit 1000 posts, but I just doesn't seem right to let this thread end without posting this:

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Matsuri

« Reply #1002 on: October 19, 2010, 08:31:13 PM »
1000 posts, lock'd