Author Topic: Your Touhou Secret Shames  (Read 30979 times)

Re: Your Touhou Secret Shames
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2010, 12:06:56 AM »
I have a better spell history against Peerless Wind God than Storm Day. 8(

You're not the only one, though mine is due to difference of attempts than difference in capture number.

Edit: Now I have more captures on Peerless Wind God than Storm Day. Got one while going for Terukuni.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 02:06:34 AM by Phoenixma »

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2010, 09:23:56 PM »
My progression is completely screwed up. I can make it to lunatic Chen, hard IN!Marisa, or hard Nitori, but can't get past normal Murasa. :derp:

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2010, 10:08:34 PM »
I can't 1cc PoFV even on easy... (maybe I just need to unlock Aya and Medicine to finally achieve that but...)

« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2010, 01:15:10 AM »
I can't 1cc PoFV even on easy... (maybe I just need to unlock Aya and Medicine to finally achieve that but...)

I couldn't until I realized ya can use X for bomb too

:V

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2010, 02:20:07 AM »
To clarify, you shouldn't fall into the habit of pressing X to "bomb" in PoFV, and should use Level 2 charged spells instead for defensive purposes.  The only time you want to use a bomb is if you know you're going to get hit and don't have time to charge the spell.  Pressing X to bomb will completely deplete your magic gauge, and you'll be defenseless for a long time while it recharges.  At the higher levels, you're practically delaying the inevitable rather than actually saving yourself, since it's very possible for you to encounter a new wall of death that's borderline impossible to dodge, and you won't have the magic power to save yourself.  Since a Level 2 spell will only use up one block of your magic gauge, it leaves you vulnerable for a much shorter time.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2010, 03:04:01 AM »
To clarify, you shouldn't fall into the habit of pressing X to "bomb" in PoFV
Yeah, I realized that... especially fighting Shikieiki,
the time to recharge 2 levels leaves me vulnerable for a long time,
long enough for another Lily White + Shikieiki combo to show up and wall me again.

I don't know... am I just bad at chaining or something?
I mean the only time I summon a level 4 is either I have half a dot left or that I shoot down lily or boss,
while at the same time Shikieiki sends so many level 4's to my screen, and at the worst times too,
and every time Shikieiki comes to my screen with the laser card, I have a high chance of dying.

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2010, 03:13:58 PM »
Just noticed I have 72 PCB cards captured .... and still have yet to unlock Phantasm.

« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2010, 10:27:55 PM »
To clarify, you shouldn't fall into the habit of pressing X to "bomb" in PoFV

Oh, what I meant was timing ta charges always takes too long for me, and when a ring of bullets surrounded me I couldn't 'bomb' in ta usual sense, so I kept on dying. X helps a lot in those situations :P

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2010, 02:40:33 AM »
UFO is now my favorite game. Too bad I'm not nearly good enough to tell the haters to suck less. :3

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2010, 11:03:05 PM »
I have no idea how to activate spellcards in IaMP.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2010, 11:58:41 PM »
UFO is now my favorite game. Too bad I'm not nearly good enough to tell the haters to suck less. :3
Have you ever considered the possibility that personal preference toward the style of certain gameplay aspects, and not just one's success at using them, might influence opinions as well? I don't think it's fair to lump all UFO haters into simply "people who suck at UFO" - we could have other reasons to not like the game (this applies to all games really, but I don't wish to derail the topic more than I already have).

To stay more on-topic: I'm ashamed that I haven't become that much more consistent at cutting back on "Flying Insect's Nest". I've only had all these months to practice it, after all.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Luna Moth Child

• I do say, bzzzzzzz
    • Winterdrake Productions
« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2010, 08:27:42 PM »
I died on Icicle Fall easy while lagging my computer to make the game easier... it's depressing.

Captain Onimaru

« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2010, 04:19:21 AM »
I did this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkpT07z2fUg

The shame?
Although I can do it any time I want now, it took approximately...

Wait for it...

1300 failed attempts!

AuNaturel

• Winter is incoming...
  • Identified Romantic Flyer
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2010, 03:34:46 PM »
A Forgotten Umbrella's Night Train...  I find that card very intimidating...
[img width= height=]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8426/sig1xu.jpg[/img]

Sejha

• I think Im a game dev. And Musician.
« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2010, 03:44:38 PM »
I have a bad habit of exploting the MarisaB glitch in MoF.
I've evolved a lot. When did I make this account again?

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2010, 05:59:35 PM »
I enjoy using the weakest shot type in any game. Homing amulets ftw (except I also enjoy using Youkai Buster  ;))