Author Topic: "Haaaaaaaaaalp ;O;" (Spell Card Help Topic: III)  (Read 185608 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: "Haaaaaaaaaalp ;O;" (Spell Card Help Topic: III)
« Reply #990 on: September 16, 2011, 09:18:07 AM »
Since I'm trying UFO hard, I'm finding myself unable to figure out a few spells.
High Sensitivity Nazrin Pendulum
Ghost Ship Harbor (or whatever Murasa's third spell is called)
not exactly spells, but I still can't do them
Ichirin's nonspells.  I just can't do them.

I'm also having trouble with a few spots of EoSD lunatic, namely:
Cirno's first nonspell
Flower Dream Vine
both iterations of Non-Directional Laser
Illusional Misdirection
Young Demon Lord

« Reply #991 on: September 16, 2011, 09:43:29 AM »
High Sensitivity Nazrin Pendulum

Read n' dodge. You can memorize the pattern though. Try to optimize your path to offer most time shooting directly at Nazrin. Practice more.

Ghost Ship Harbor (or whatever Murasa's third spell is called)
Read n' dodge too. Keep in mind that the anchors are aimed. So dodge the anchors and find yourself a path through the leftover bullets.

Ichirin's nonspells.  I just can't do them.
The first one follows the same pattern everytime. Practice it. The second and third... practice? There aren't really any secret techniques for these. You'll just have to keep trying until you get it right.

Cirno's first nonspell
The bursts are aimed. Misdirect the first two and dodge the final one.[/quote]

Flower Dream Vine
Read n' dodge. Try to predict which areas will be less dense.

I don't remember anything about Patchouli's non-spells. Its a streaming thing I'm pretty sure though. And Sakuya's midboss card will destroy you if you move around wildly. Try making as small movement as possible. As for Young Demon Lord, its really just dodging but I'd recommend you just bomb it because its pretty clippy.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:08:45 PM by Zengeku »

Ivan The Mouse

• Don't worry, Yoshika... you will (ahn~♥) protect me...
  • Law Abiding Unless Provoked
« Reply #992 on: September 16, 2011, 10:34:28 AM »
I still can't get over Chen's Immortal Sage's Rumbling.
Your sig is too big :V ~TSO

Zil

« Reply #993 on: September 16, 2011, 08:41:11 PM »
For Cirno's first nonspell, I find it much easier to misdirect only the first blob of bullets, then the next two can be micro-dodged. It helps to start the battle off to the side.

Patchy's lasers are super easy if you do them right. (The first wave can be dodged by standing right in front of her, but that's not neccesary) I forget which way they rotate first, but I'll assume it's clockwise. You'll want to move to the left, then stream to the right. You should reach the middle of the screen at the same time as the rotating laser, but it will disappear once it gets there. Then keep moving right to avoid the counter-clockwise lasers. She'll stop for a second then repeat, this time starting with the counter-clockwise ones. You should already be to the right side of the screen, so now just do what you did before, only moving left this time. Obviously, if she starts off with counter-clockwise, then you just do the opposite of what I said here.
Also note that the hitbox for the lasers goes away long before their sprite does, so once they've stopped moving at the vertical position, you can pretty much go right through them.

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #994 on: September 17, 2011, 01:15:34 AM »
I have no idea how to do Lyrica's opener nonspells on Lunatic. It seems like the first can be misdirected to a point but eventually you're just surrounded and crushed. The second is just too dense and fast for me to read. Is it static?

« Reply #995 on: September 17, 2011, 01:36:02 AM »
Are you sure you don't mean Lunasa? She is the one who best fits the description of those two attacks you mentioned. Lyrica's opener is just dodging and it isn't really that hard unless you face it at max rank. Or so they say. I don't really notice a difference. Her second attack is just plain and simple. Refer to Kefits perfect run to see how in case you are wondering. http://www.youtube.com/user/Kefit#p/u/19/HmONw-PN-Fk

In case you are talking about Lunasa which I believe to be the case; I recommend moving above her to misdirect the bubbles giving you move time before things starts to get tricky. The 2nd non-spell is pretty tough. I think its static though I'm not sure since I normally just dodge it. Have a look at my video and see how I do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRhl3ouJD0k

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #996 on: September 17, 2011, 02:05:16 AM »
Read n' dodge. You can memorize the pattern though. Try to optimize your path to offer most time shooting directly at Nazrin. Practice more.
Is there any specific path that can be taken?  My last attempt ended up deathbombing it.
I got Murasa's 3rd spell, and Ichirin's nonspells are auto-bombs because I fail at reading lasers.

I got lucky on Dipper Creeping Close, is there a consistent way to do it?

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #997 on: September 17, 2011, 02:14:29 AM »
In case you are talking about Lunasa which I believe to be the case; I recommend moving above her to misdirect the bubbles giving you move time before things starts to get tricky. The 2nd non-spell is pretty tough. I think its static though I'm not sure since I normally just dodge it. Have a look at my video and see how I do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRhl3ouJD0k

yeah, I guess I meant lunasa. man, reimuB has it easy for that first attack! you kill it before it gets to the completely impossible part. I'll hit up a reimuA replay and see if they do anything cool there, I guess.

e: aaaahaha the 2.7b replay I got bombs it (albeit probably just for border timing) he moves into the little white bullets to misdirect the waves, which seems to let him break up the hard part a little. maybe I'll try that next time.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:19:04 AM by Vibri »

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #998 on: September 17, 2011, 03:07:27 AM »
Lunasa:
The first part can also be dodged pretty simply entirely from the bottom; I never knew that misdirecting part!! :V
But yeah, ReimuB kills it just before the hard part begins

The second part: I find the purple wave and the wave after particularly hard.
The purple wave may be easier if you move a few characters right or left of lunasa and try to dodge up or smthing.
Dunno about the other wave.

« Reply #999 on: September 17, 2011, 09:32:01 AM »
Is there any specific path that can be taken?  My last attempt ended up deathbombing it.
I got Murasa's 3rd spell, and Ichirin's nonspells are auto-bombs because I fail at reading lasers.

I got lucky on Dipper Creeping Close, is there a consistent way to do it?

I don't use any strategy for Dipper Creeping Close so I can't help you there (that card sucks btw.) but for Nazrin's first;
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=11668. Have a replay. This is done with ReimuB. One of the characters who has a harder time doing the attack. I think only MarisaB has it worse.

Oh and Ichirin's non-spells. Do you have problems with her 2nd and 3rd boss non-spells too? They have no lasers so I was just wondering. As for the 1st boss non-spell, you need to understand that the lasers go the same way everytime. I'm sure you can get more consistent at it as you get more into the pattern through practice. The midboss non-spell is the only one that requires actual reading and yeah, i fail it sometimes. To my everlasting shame because it looks so simple.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #1000 on: September 17, 2011, 11:27:52 AM »
Oh and Ichirin's non-spells. Do you have problems with her 2nd and 3rd boss non-spells too? They have no lasers so I was just wondering. As for the 1st boss non-spell, you need to understand that the lasers go the same way everytime. I'm sure you can get more consistent at it as you get more into the pattern through practice. The midboss non-spell is the only one that requires actual reading and yeah, i fail it sometimes. To my everlasting shame because it looks so simple.
I can do the second one perfectly fine, but not the third one because the bullet streams act like lasers; although I have gotten each of them at least once.
The resounding theme for UFO seems to be 'practice practice practice', which I guess is helping as I'm getting further with each attempt.

Oh, Nazrin's last spell, after getting hit to the second pendulum pass, I successfully timed out the rest.  What is wrong with me.  (I had no clue how to do it though).  After watching, you started the same way I did...but I never noticed the gap to the left.  I'll keep that in mind and hopefully remember to use the bomb saved on Parasol Star Memories instead of dying like usual.

« Reply #1001 on: September 17, 2011, 04:01:52 PM »
Or you could teach yourself the safespot. Its actually fairly simple to use. Much more reliable than simply trying to capture it normally.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #1002 on: September 17, 2011, 04:42:18 PM »
Still pretty new so I'm trying to 1cc games on medium in chronological order. In other words, I'm still trying to 1cc EoSD. I still have no idea how to ensure some spots, such as midboss Sakuya's Spell Card in her own stage. I can survive the card easily, but I seem to actually outrun the timer only 10% of the time. Any good strategy to always get that extra life?

« Reply #1003 on: September 17, 2011, 05:16:31 PM »
Still pretty new so I'm trying to 1cc games on medium in chronological order. In other words, I'm still trying to 1cc EoSD. I still have no idea how to ensure some spots, such as midboss Sakuya's Spell Card in her own stage. I can survive the card easily, but I seem to actually outrun the timer only 10% of the time. Any good strategy to always get that extra life?
For the card, don't bother following Sakuya. Stay either at the left side or right side and move as little as possible, and try to make sure you're under where Sakuya telports to.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #1004 on: September 17, 2011, 05:49:11 PM »
I usually stay center while slightly moving to the opposite side when she shoots the red arrows, since she teleports to the other side. I usually don't get to move that much though, and I have to return to the center eventually. I'll try that 'stick to one side' thing, don't know why I didn't think of it sooner...