Author Topic: Question about 8-way movement  (Read 2440 times)

Yoshino

Question about 8-way movement
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:26:59 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to Touhou Project games, but not shoot-em-ups or fighting games...

Quick question I have for you guys...In PCB, I noticed I can not fly Reimu northwest by holding left + right arrow. However, it will work in all other diagonal directions! I also tried this just now in SA or MoF and ...same thing!

If I use the num pad arrows, I can still execute that up & left move by...holding up & left!

Question is, anyone know a way I can fix it so I can have 8-way movement with regular arrow keys. I can't get used to the space between the number keys...and have problems reassigning stuff in key-config.

Help would be appreciated! Sorry for the noobishness.

Thanks, and good to be on the forum

MTSranger

• =.=
Re: Question about 8-way movement
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 02:41:43 AM »
It might be because of the keyboard.
On my laptop I can't do top left or bottom left, but on my desktop, I can move all 8 ways.
Getting a new keyboard or remapping the keys are the only solution I think.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 02:51:13 AM »
The control config in the games will only function with a controller.

Thus, you'll have to get a key remapper (there was one around the forum somewhere) or get a controller.

Buuut~ something about some keyboards prevents certain combinations of keys from being used... The most infamous case is up arrow + left arrow.

jvpenguin

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 12:51:17 PM »
Just in case you haven't looked around yet...
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=219.0 is the key remapper that the poster above is talking about. Made by Mefidex.

It works, it's just a macro program made from AutoHotKey.

Yoshino

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 05:52:55 AM »
Thanks everyone. My  brother had a spare keyboard and gave it to me to try. Its an old generic Dell kb with the raised keys,  and I'm finally getting 8-way movement.  Thanks for the  links though!!  I also wanted to ask, are there any proper arcade style sticks that are possible to connect to a PC?? That would be so damn good. :3

jvpenguin

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 06:53:00 AM »
The Madcatz Fightstick TE 360 version should be compatible with the PC. I see mixed reports all over the Internet though, so you might want to do some research first.

I have the PS3 version, and it works great on mine (especially for Touhou 12.3 :3), but it has known compatibility problems with certain motherboards.