Author Topic: [Short Fanfic] The White Rabbit of Inaba - Part One  (Read 5781 times)

Wylfred

• The Black Knight.
  • The Eternally Bored Butler
[Short Fanfic] The White Rabbit of Inaba - Part One
« on: June 18, 2010, 06:25:07 AM »
"Hey! Get a move on Okuninushi!"

"Tch, his so slow"

"All he can do is serve us. His so worthless."

"Coming~! Wait for me guys!"

A mid-teen dressed in a blue kimono and black hakama pants eagerly smiled as he carried his brother's baggage down the road. He and his brothers had heard stories of a fair princess of inaba named Yakami and all of his brothers wanted her hand in marriage. Okuninushi was walking forward until he felt the cloth of the hakama of his brother against his head. There seemed to be something laying in front of them.

"Auuuuu~, it hurts..." Okuninushi peeked his head in to get a closer look and he saw a little rabbit girl about his height lay on her side clutching a wounded leg. He knew exactly how to treat the wound but before he could open his mouth one of his elder brothers spoke out.

"I know exactly what you should do! Bath in salt water and and let your wound dry!" Okuninushi stared at his brother in confusion. What he said was the exact opposite of what the little rabbit girl should do. Okuninushi tried to speak out again but another brother spoke out.

"We have salt water with us right now! Let us help this poor rabbit heal." The brother then roughly took the canteen of salt water on Okuninushi's back and dumped half of it's contents on the little rabbit girl. The little rabbit girl howled in pain and winced as the salt water mixed with her wound. The brothers all laughed at her pain and suffering and when they finished they all walked ahead and left her there. The girl now looked at Okuninushi with pleading eyes.

"Please help me mister... Auuuu it hurts so much." Okuninushi couldn't help but feel pity for this poor rabbit girl. His brothers were long gone down the road now. Okuninushi had better hurry this up if he wanted to catch up with them. Okuninushi dropped down the huge load of baggage from his back. He then pulled out cattail reed and a canteen of clear water. He let a few drops of the water drip onto the wounds and then proceeded to rub the cattail reed gently against it. He could tell that it was working because the girl's face relaxed. She had brown hair and big white floppy ears. After he was done applying the cattail reed he place it and the canteen back into the huge load of baggage. The white rabbit tried to get up but Okuninushi gently pushed her down and said.

"Your wound is not fully healed yet miss. Its better if you lie down for a bit. By the way... How were you injured anyways?" The girl sheepishly grinned at him and said.

"I was playing a trick on a crocodile and made him angry. Ehehe." Okuninushi sighed and replied.

"You shouldn't do such reckless things miss rabbit! You'll only cause trouble for yourself and those around you!" Okuninushi said half yelling. The rabbit girl turn her head away from him and said while pouting.

"Its not like I was hurting him. I just want to play around with him." Okuninushi was not convinced and replied.

"There is a fine line between playing around and being an annoyance. You know that don't you?" The little rabbit girl's expression saddened and she replied while looking down.

"I do know..." she said in a soft voice, "but that doesn't mean that the crocodile should get that angry! I just wanted to play with him..." Okuninushi got up and dusted his hakama pants with his hands. He then looked at the rabbit girl and smiled.

"By the way. My name is Okuninushi. What is yours miss rabbit?" Okuninushi said with a grinned while extending his hand to help her off the ground.

"The name's Inaba Tewi. Nice ta meet cha!" She exclaimed happliy as she tooked his hand. Okuninushi looked at the road ahead of him and said.

"Well I guess this is goodbye Miss Inaba. I hope we cross paths again. Oh before I go, I want you to have this." Okuninushi fumbled in his hakama for a bit before pulling out a brown string that was tied into a circle. On the string was a miniature wooden carrot painted orange. Tewi cupped her palms together as he extended his hand out to drop it. "Its a good luck charm. I have a feeling you'll be needing this more than me." Tewi smiled at him and said.

"Thanks for this gift Okuninushi and for treating my wound too. I want to repay you and I think I know how. Just beyond the road ahead lives my sister Yakami. I will use what little of magic that I have and let her know that you will be coming and that your a good person. None of your brothers will have her hand in marriage cause I will have warned her from them." Okuninushi grinned at her and said.

"Thanks Miss Inaba." Tewi shook her said and said.

"Please just call me Tewi."

"Thanks Tewi, I better get going now. Bye."

"Good bye Okun-kun..." She waved him good bye as he went down the road.

IBakaChan

Re: [Short Fanfic] The White Rabbit of Inaba - Part One
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 07:07:44 AM »
That... For some reason, I feel so sad. Poor Tewi...

Anyhow, this pretty much gives me the feeling that "Karma is a bitch, you get what you give.".
Too bad it isn't like this in the reality.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 02:53:50 AM »
I felt sorry for Tewi. Yes I said it, no I am not crazy. Even if she does prank people, she didn't deserve the salt water on her wound, that is just cruel, no one deserves stuff like that, save for people who do that.

Okuninushi eh? I see what you did their :V

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 03:11:33 AM »
This fic made me smile. If only because Tewi finally got what was coming to her. I don't know...maybe I'm biased because of all the crap she made poor Reisen go through in Inaba of Earth and Inaba of the Moon.

Seriously, you know Tewi hunted them down and got even somehow...

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 04:15:18 AM »
Interesting.  A redo of the orginal White Rabbit of Inaba is it?  It's nice to see a work based on the orginal stories.

Edit: Apparently I fail reading tonight!  Part One eh?  Excellent...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:34:27 AM by IcedFairy »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 04:23:42 AM »
I gotta ask, how closly will this story be to the story about Okuninushi? Gonna be any white-hot boulders thrown his way? :V