Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 238083 times)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #450 on: July 05, 2010, 01:42:12 PM »
The 22F boss is an equal dick.
Fuck Ultimate Light Cannon. And why does he get 4m HP over the previous floor boss?
Because the Plus Disk bosses are apparently all over the place in terms of the order you're supposed to handle them in.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #451 on: July 05, 2010, 02:38:01 PM »
22F boss doesn't have an attack that doubles it's attack power each time it's used, at least.

Actually, the first time I fought it, I did fairly well for awhile, and then once everyone else died, I actually sat there for an hour soloing with Meiling. At like Reimu lv210. And I won.

:3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #452 on: July 05, 2010, 02:55:11 PM »
22nd floor boss was snore-easy (but long) on my first playthru, compared to 21f boss that is.
Of course if I knew that it's attack power doubled... Crapping my pants sitting at 100% def on my dudes all the time even early in the fight because I just got plowed for over 200,000 Without knowing why in the last one doesn't help.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #453 on: July 05, 2010, 03:31:20 PM »
The "FrameS" file in DataBase contains spell data for all the characters. We already KNOW the spell data anyway, but just thought I'd throw that out there. With google translate and the color-coded-to-element stuff to guide you, it's fairly easy to find who you're looking for in it.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #454 on: July 05, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »
The "FrameS" file in DataBase contains spell data for all the characters. We already KNOW the spell data anyway, but just thought I'd throw that out there. With google translate and the color-coded-to-element stuff to guide you, it's fairly easy to find who you're looking for in it.
Oh god when I realised this was true I... nevermind.

I need to sit down and accord all of this and then the wiki can be crazy accurate for once.

Bananamatic

« Reply #455 on: July 05, 2010, 05:04:27 PM »
playing in moon is fun

I have no idea what the items I get are and I'm too lazy to test it myself :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #456 on: July 05, 2010, 05:09:07 PM »
playing in moon is fun

I already posted the temporary Special Disk english patch ;_;

Oh god when I realised this was true I... nevermind.

I need to sit down and accord all of this and then the wiki can be crazy accurate for once.
Other then some of the delay data, possibly some self buff numbers, and depending on whether Nitori's buffed Megawatt is wiki'd, I'm pretty sure the wiki already has all this, and correctly. If anything is different, that means it was probably actually changed; which I doubt has happened to anything (yes Demarcation has the same formula, if Rumia's MAG doesn't turn out buffed then wtf how did it heal so much in da vid)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #457 on: July 05, 2010, 05:13:35 PM »
Updated cheat table for Special Disk. All the items, exp and skp gain, skp pool, encounter rate, battle count and time elapsed. Also note that if the list does not appear to work for you, add 00010000 to the addresses. This is the difference between the address value I have and the one Banana gave.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #458 on: July 05, 2010, 05:44:03 PM »
Gathering images to use as alternates for the game, and wondering; how do I take an image with a single-color backround and make it so it's transparent, so that I can use it for the game ;_;

stupid mspaint isn't useful for these things

Bananamatic

« Reply #459 on: July 05, 2010, 05:46:41 PM »
F25 gave me a horrible vision of trollface enemies with 1 million speed which do nothing but spam Djinn Storm :V

seriously, them strategists

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #460 on: July 05, 2010, 05:59:12 PM »
Gathering images to use as alternates for the game, and wondering; how do I take an image with a single-color backround and make it so it's transparent, so that I can use it for the game ;_;

Image pack when you're done pls :3

Bananamatic

« Reply #461 on: July 05, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »
22F boss down.
now to relieve some stress on the 24F loser :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #462 on: July 05, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »
playing in moon is fun

+disk items are terrible until 30F. Except for ZUN hats. I'm pretty sure they'll say ZUN on it even in Japanese though >=p. I did get lucky though and got a necronomicon from the 24F boss, that's a 30F drop. It's like a gran grimoire on crack, and steroids, and speed, and after a workout.

Bananamatic

« Reply #463 on: July 05, 2010, 07:19:16 PM »
+disk items are terrible until 30F. Except for ZUN hats. I'm pretty sure they'll say ZUN on it even in Japanese though >=p. I did get lucky though and got a necronomicon from the 24F boss, that's a 30F drop. It's like a gran grimoire on crack, and steroids, and speed, and after a workout.
*25F

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #464 on: July 05, 2010, 07:46:34 PM »

You'll need something stronger than MSPaint, something which can actually handle alpha channels.
(I use GIMP but that's just me)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #465 on: July 05, 2010, 07:59:32 PM »
Thanks for the comment Garlyle, we had an incident about it in IRC and I figured it out with GIMP :3

Making Alphes/Alphes-imitation artwork set for use in thLaby Special. I'm using imitation alphes when I can so that it's not something you've already been seeing in the fighters.  Also, I'd like the input from anyone who might want to use this when I'm done...

http://puu.sh/1X3 <--- Which Meiling for thLaby
http://puu.sh/1X8 <--- Which Sanae
http://puu.sh/1X9 <--- Which Suwako
http://puu.sh/1Xa <--- Which Remilia
http://puu.sh/1Xb <--- Which Komachi
http://puu.sh/1X0 <--- Which Aya

Also, feel free to suggest your own image for those above or for other characters, particularly Eirin/Nitori/Flandre, since they might benefit from a different image. As long as it fits in with the style okay.

Answer with something along the lines of "I prefer the Left/middle/right Charactername pic". 18F is not being replaced, by the way; unless someone really has a suitable image to suggest.

Also, slight problem.
<NeoSerela> Okay I need to find art for Minoriko, Renko, and Maribel
<NeoSerela> and this is the point where it's just lolbrowsearound
<NeoSerela> ):
<NeoSerela> Anyone got alphes-style art for them
<NeoSerela> or at least stuff with a single-color backround so I could use it

EDIT:Got a Renkorenkorenko. Thanks, Drake!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 08:39:42 PM by NeoSerela »

Bananamatic

« Reply #466 on: July 05, 2010, 08:55:50 PM »
am I the only one sticking with the brohous? :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #467 on: July 05, 2010, 09:01:06 PM »
am I the only one sticking with the brohous? :V
after two playthroughs, some variations is nice :X

tbh, if I wasn't going to be stuck at my grandmothers house for the next few days, likely only with internet access through a 10+ year old computer, I probably wouldn't be playing through Special.

...oh my god I have to finish all these images before we leave tommorow. Oh, wait, I'll just burn the images and GIMP installer onto the CD with thLaby for my mom's laptop :D

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #468 on: July 05, 2010, 09:08:14 PM »
Yeah I was thinking. Should we make a thread in the art section where people just upload their THLaby format character pics?

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #469 on: July 05, 2010, 09:25:44 PM »
Guess I need to hunt down the Special Disk before I resume grinding in Plus Disk eh ;P?

Reimu's like...lv384 or something around that level right now
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

« Reply #470 on: July 05, 2010, 09:29:40 PM »
Any news on 3.01 Rumia being buffed or not?

Bananamatic

« Reply #471 on: July 05, 2010, 11:27:58 PM »
is the F25 boss a joke? Went in on my first attempt only knowing his name, sprite, HP and the fact that he uses Strengthen Jutsu and won.

It's supposed to be the hardest sigil guardian according to the wiki... :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #472 on: July 06, 2010, 12:23:25 AM »
is the F25 boss a joke? Went in on my first attempt only knowing his name, sprite, HP and the fact that he uses Strengthen Jutsu and won.

It's supposed to be the hardest sigil guardian according to the wiki... :V

Is it burninator? I forget. Burninator was the hardest for me, everyone else seemed to realize it has absolutely no paralize resistance though, so it's piss easy if you simply paralize it.

Bananamatic

« Reply #473 on: July 06, 2010, 12:47:52 AM »
golden skeleton with strengthen jutsu

also Ha ha, old chap! F26, like F18 all over

steamroll the previous boss
enter the new floor
everything outspeeds you, you run like a pussy searching for the exit

Ha ha, old chap! game balance.

EDIT:
26F boss requires leveling
26F boss blocks the way

WHY YOU DO THIS ;_;
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:05:28 AM by Bananamatic »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #474 on: July 06, 2010, 01:08:17 AM »
use komachi

I beat her at about Reimu lv250. It was quite the fight.

and she's weak to MYS, so 80% MAG buff Master Spark takes off like 1/5th of her HP

Bananamatic

« Reply #475 on: July 06, 2010, 01:15:46 AM »
Why does he have so much HP compared to my chars ;_;(spoilers obviously)
I'm seriously wondering what did he do with his team, he uses completely different chars than I do, doesn't bother with 9F buffing...is he overleveled with a bad strategy, or should I just prepare for several "fun" hours of clicking?

seriously, my komachi has 1/2 the HP his does

is saying the name of a character that much of a spoiler? :V 99% of people in this thread are already a good way into the plus disk

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #476 on: July 06, 2010, 01:23:11 AM »
It's worth mentioning he didn't beat 18F till lv110+ and 20F until over level ONE FREAKING SEVENTY.

As I said, around Reimu lv250 :3

Bananamatic

« Reply #477 on: July 06, 2010, 01:27:32 AM »
80% Linear Gun is 700k damage at lv195 :V
26F can't be that hard when he called the sigil guardians bullshit hard...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #478 on: July 06, 2010, 01:29:35 AM »
80% Linear Gun is 700k damage at lv195 :V
26F can't be that hard when he called the sigil guardians bullshit hard...

27F boss was seemingly bs hard, then I discovered Patchy was taking 0 from everything.. She pretty much solo'd it lawl.

Bananamatic

« Reply #479 on: July 06, 2010, 01:33:27 AM »
Isn't 27F boss about piercing attacks?

18F+Reimu+Patchy/12F+26F

18F buffs, has /4 def attack
reimu heals
patchy has /4 def attack? wiki says /2 but silent selene seems to go through high defence quite often also 12F with complete defence ignoring
26F ignores defence

plus 27F is the big grindspot, so I'm planning to bs back on him :V
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:40:18 AM by Bananamatic »