Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 238041 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2010, 07:47:14 PM »
Big favour: Who has a save file at just before they fight the 30F final boss for the first time? I want to hack his counter to add to the cheat table.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2010, 07:49:02 PM »
Big favour: Who has a save file at just before they fight the 30F final boss for the first time? I want to hack his counter to add to the cheat table.

uhh.. I might, not sure. I cheated after beating the first 30F boss to over level and mostly just see the final boss. Is that a problem? Anyway I'm not even sure I still have the save regardless, I'll check.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2010, 07:52:52 PM »
It'll help a lot if you know exactly what his counter should be at.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2010, 07:55:42 PM »
It'll help a lot if you know exactly what his counter should be at.

Pretty sure it's at 0
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UY5AFA0K

I think it's 0 because I think if it's not at 0 you get a different dialogue. something like "thats his power, he never gives up, gets stronger, and fights again zomg!" But when I encounter him with this save I get a "WTF is this chump" dialogue.

sorry I'm not 100% sure on it, if it's not 0, it's at 1 >=P.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2010, 08:41:58 PM »
Found the address and updated the cheat table \o/. Killed him by buffing Marisa 1 million percent for a Master Spark that healed him for negative damage :V

Axel's base cheat table with all the items, SKP and EXP gain and Encounter rate. Added SKP pool, Battle Count, Time Elapsed and WINNER Count.

Edit: Equip-run go!
Team - Items
Yuugi - Lance of Geios, Shuttle Body, Pailsen Files
Spoiler:
Mystia
- Shiva's Leather Boots, Flower Blade Kikuryusei, Karen Device
Reimu - Shuttle Body, Genocide Cannon, Gran Grimoire
Spoiler:
Kaguya
- Ribbon, Dewprism, Gran Grimoire
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:20:34 PM by Pesco »

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
  • I'm never on :V
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2010, 10:48:15 PM »
I don't see anyone mentioning this, so...

Labyrinth of Touhou Special Disk will come out in event Tora Matsuri which is in June 20th.

Some things that's changed in Special Disk that I know are:

BGMs replaced with Touhou/Etrian Odyssey Remixed stuff (You can also set it back to original BGMs)
Easier grinding around the end of the game
Ability to "sell" extra equips for skill points
Change in sprite of Reimu in Dungeon mode
Possibility of being able to change character arts with your own
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:20:27 PM by Space »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2010, 10:54:23 PM »
Nice, I gotta get me that... Anybody know if this event is n-forza friendly?

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
  • I'm never on :V
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2010, 11:17:19 PM »
Nice, I gotta get me that... Anybody know if this event is n-forza friendly?

What do you mean by "n-forza friendly"?  Sorry, I know decent English, but I sometimes don't understand those kind of phrases ><

God, so hard to keep both Japanese and English in shape at the same time..

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2010, 11:18:46 PM »
Found the address and updated the cheat table \o/. Killed him by buffing Marisa 1 million percent for a Master Spark that healed him for negative damage :V

Axel's base cheat table with all the items, SKP and EXP gain and Encounter rate. Added SKP pool, Battle Count, Time Elapsed and WINNER Count.

Alright, I know I'm gonna sound like an idiot, but how do you use the table to actually do anything?

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2010, 12:01:54 AM »
You need to use Cheat Engine with it and attach ti to LoT.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2010, 12:30:50 AM »
N-forza is a user here, I believe he lives in Japan and if paid, will import various touhou things, including the games, fanon and canon.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2010, 12:47:56 AM »
Yeah, N-Forza is the forum's go-to guy for getting these things legally (not that the site has a go-to guy for getting em illegally >=P). But he's just a guy with his own time and schedule, so he sometimes isn't able to attend certain events or goto certain areas for our behalf. I would have asked him directly but I was on my phone when I asked so I could do the research and provide him with the links and info, which I'm going to do now >=)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2010, 02:37:03 AM »
I finally got the game working on my comp, and despite having an old save that was on a friends comp, I'm gonna start fresh, then hack&slash(aka cheat) my way through the game, cause I think Labyrinth is worth it :D

Does anyone have any requests for me and my play?

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2010, 04:20:50 AM »
How 'bout a random character game? Pick 12 characters at random and see if you can beat the game (meaning the first 20 floors, not the Grind Wall of China) with just those 12.
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2010, 11:24:54 AM »
> Get into the hole behind me three pesos
You can have absolute blue tan, I set aside for women like you!
I love trying to read 3peso's blog in Google Translate

Also: I really hope someone takes up the task of translating Arcanum Knights, because I know that he's been planning it for a while.  I don't (think?) it'll have any connection to Touhou (I'm fairly certain that any Touhou visuals you see right now are standins for new content, since the player character shown USED to be
Spoiler:
Mannosuke
), but it looks really good as well right now.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »
Omg... I'm trying to picture the in-game art for Patchy and Cirno being replaced with Ghaleon's and Garlyle's user pics... it's funny XD

« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2010, 02:30:26 PM »
Looking forward to the special disk, also hoping for an extended english patch for that and 2.06 or something.

Also, for some reason the cheat engine doesn't work with the cheat table Pesco provided. I did some searches of my own and found different adresses, and none of the adresses listed in the table shows a value at all, anyone able to shed some light on this? Is the table for 2.06 or something like that?

Also, 10F saved my ass against the pain-train
Spoiler:
Flan
by not taking damage from the repeated final attack of hers and throwing out a ridiculously weak attack now and then between rebuffing. T'was fun when she got paralyzed when rebuffing, taking about 10 or so of those attacks and still standing.

« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2010, 02:32:09 PM »
Looking forward to the special disk, also hoping for an extended english patch for that and 2.06 or something.

Also, for some reason the cheat engine doesn't work with the cheat table Pesco provided. I did some searches of my own and found different adresses, and none of the adresses listed in the table shows a value at all, anyone able to shed some light on this? Is the table for 2.06 or something like that?

Also, 10F saved my ass against the pain-train
Spoiler:
Flan
by not taking damage from the repeated final attack of hers and throwing out a ridiculously weak attack now and then between rebuffing. T'was fun when she got paralyzed when rebuffing, taking about 10 or so of those attacks and still standing.
That fight was funny.  Everyone would go down around her in a blaze of five-digit figures in damage, and she'd just get hit with  zeros. :V

« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2010, 02:50:11 PM »
That fight was funny.  Everyone would go down around her in a blaze of five-digit figures in damage, and she'd just get hit with  zeros. :V

I found myself almost crying in despair when she blew up my party, only to have 10F standing there taking it repeatedly without as much as flinching, upon the sight of which I found hope and then boredom seeing as I almost had no increase to her attack stat, leaving her horribly crippled when trying to muster any kind of attack. Luckily, the pain-train didn't have much defense during the encounter, at least making it possible to kill her. Took me some 20 minutes or so. :]

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2010, 03:40:32 PM »
10Fs lack of any real offense or health hurts her in the end. But she is funny taking 0s from DEF/MND or Composite OMFGWTFHAX nukes that would floor anyone else that isn't named Meiling, or even Meiling :V Problem with 10F is her SP can't stand up to spending 128~ like every other turn, if she can even use it twice without needing to focus :V And that move is what allows her to take 0s from even the God Nukes.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2010, 04:16:25 PM »

The cheat table was compiled in 2.04. Nobody really plays in 2.06 due to lack of translations and still buggy. I haven't tested anything in 2.06 myself.

« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2010, 04:46:04 PM »
The cheat table was compiled in 2.04. Nobody really plays in 2.06 due to lack of translations and still buggy. I haven't tested anything in 2.06 myself.
I play in 2.06 :c

2.04's really laggy for me for some reason, while 2.06 always runs fast and smooth.  Plus, a certain 9F girl got buffed rather nicely.

Bananamatic

« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2010, 05:28:42 PM »
F9 finished - ran into the mandatory boss by accident and beat her easily, then damage rushed the optional - just spammed fire moves hoping she won't wipe me out before I do.

« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2010, 05:35:08 PM »

Well I'm playing in 2.04 and have been since I started. What's so strange is that the adresses listed in the table a) doesn't work and b) aren't the same as those when I find one or two adresses of certain cheats that are listed.

What I'm afraid of is that I pulled some retard move and fucked myself over. Only logical conclusion for me at this point in time.

Also, 10F doesn't need to spam the buff so often if you have Reimu or 9F-mandatory spamming their DEF/MND buffs. Where I'm at now, I start with the buff to get her secured as she's my first-slot, then I spam 2 Hakurei Barriers and some 9F full-party DEF/MND buffs, then go from there, and usually just focus up 10F to max before I consider using it again.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2010, 06:22:17 PM »

Huh? I mean I know 10F girl is better at being hit for 0 than anybody, but she most DEFINATELY should not be taking 0s from THAT unless you're way over level or you spend like 4 characters' worth of skillpoints into her def stats (which would be cheap and boring).

My experience with her is that she is often 1-shot by abilities that typically 1shot everyone other than tanks. her Def and Mnd scale very well yes, but they don't reduce damage to 0 faster than China's hp increases beyond 0.. I mean for example, for every 10 more damage 10F girl absorbs from an attack, China will gain 20 more hp for example.

I mean if people like playing at high levels that's fine, but that's clearly not your normal situation IMO >=p.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »
100k buffs are so awesome :derp:

« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2010, 06:28:27 PM »
Huh? I mean I know 10F girl is better at being hit for 0 than anybody, but she most DEFINATELY should not be taking 0s from THAT unless you're way over level or you spend like 4 characters' worth of skillpoints into her def stats (which would be cheap and boring).

My experience with her is that she is often 1-shot by abilities that typically 1shot everyone other than tanks. her Def and Mnd scale very well yes, but they don't reduce damage to 0 faster than China's hp increases beyond 0.. I mean for example, for every 10 more damage 10F girl absorbs from an attack, China will gain 20 more hp for example.

I mean if people like playing at high levels that's fine, but that's clearly not your normal situation IMO >=p.

Well, that'd be strange considering I've been underleveled more or less constantly. Got to 18F asshole only to realize that my Reimu was about 75-78, when the wiki says that recommended is 95+. Maybe Reimu was 80 or so, but still, I've been playing the game rather underleveled up to now, and said fuck it and started a NG+. I did however pump 10F full with DEF and MND, but it was still at the same levels I had given Patchy's MAG or Chen's ATK, which I think was lvl 45-50 or so. Speaking of Chen, she's a goddamn monster for damage output.

« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »

Mid 60s for level, her defenses are better than you think.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »
The fact that she'll be at 60~100% DEF/MND buffed most of the time during bosses makes a HUGE difference, she should take 0s (Or negligible damage, at least) from anything that isn't either a nuke or defense ignoring.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2010, 08:41:32 PM »
sorry, but I really call bs.
Conveniantly I'm right at that part of the game. Though I don't use 10f girl in this playthru. I used the cheat program to boost up her skillpoints so they all cost 2000 skillpoints to level, I also leveled 10f girl to 65, and gave her 3 robes of twilight (which is impossibly good gear on a normal playthru this early in the game)

I wanted to see how bad "the nuke" wasted her, but I didn't even live 1 second, the boss 1shot her with slash dive.. and you're telling me she'll survive the panic nuke? I'll try again...

Ok so she does. Yet she gets ⑨ed by other attacks of less power. But that doesn't say her Def/mnd is better than I expect (I already knew it was good, but it's not THAT good), it tells me 15F Girl's (as the boss) panic nuke itself has a screwball damage formula that's something like: 10X ((atk+mag) - (def + mnd)) instead of something like 2X (3atk + 3mnd) -.. etc.

It's just that I used 10F girl on my first playthru, and I actually leveld up her def and mind more than I leveld up anybody else's main stat, she was always the first to get those boosts. And she was hard to hurt yes, but she WOULD get damaged by many things, and sometimes even 1shot by things simple as an ether flare due to her terrible hp.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:43:16 PM by Ghaleon »