Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 238090 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #990 on: July 30, 2010, 03:45:00 AM »
Alice: 10
Me: 0

:colonveeplusalpha:
I blame your avatar. Wriggle, Rumia, and Patch will make your life a lot easier.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #991 on: July 30, 2010, 04:04:33 AM »
Team Unappreciated vs. Agastobrauma:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pac3MSyrhhU

Most notable thing about the fight was that I didn't use Meiling, Nitori, or Minoriko (or Maribel, I guess). Iku was main tank, Rumia was main healer, and Reisen, Mokou, and Orin together contributed around 9 million damage total (with Rumia and a bit of poison providing the rest). I didn't do this for the challenge; I did it because this team actually has an easy time with this boss.

Also, looks like this boss doesn't use Djinn Storm anymore, despite what the Database says. Fought it multiple times for its drop, and never saw Djinn Storm once.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #992 on: July 30, 2010, 04:28:11 AM »
Can't wait to see Team Underappreciated vs. Shikieiki :P
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #993 on: July 30, 2010, 04:41:00 AM »
I blame your avatar. Wriggle, Rumia, and Patchwill make your life a lot easier.

Fixed for truth. Poison that sonuvabitch Healing Light and watch lulz happen.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #994 on: July 30, 2010, 04:45:43 AM »
Also, looks like this boss doesn't use Djinn Storm anymore, despite what the Database says. Fought it multiple times for its drop, and never saw Djinn Storm once.

Did it ever have Djinn Storm? I remember fighting it in .04/.06 or w/e and not getting hit by it.

« Reply #995 on: July 30, 2010, 04:50:20 AM »
Fixed for truth. Poison that sonuvabitch Healing Light and watch lulz happen.
Yeah, but you still need the firepower to kill everything else, and those debuffs aren't fun either. :P

« Reply #996 on: July 30, 2010, 05:33:30 AM »
So, uh, I thought I'd  try using Yukari + Kaguya to abuse Spiriting Away + Buddha's Stone Bowl to get a bunch of free turns, but Kaguya always moves first after Spiriting Away.  Is there a reason for this statwise, or was there a "lolno" sort of rule thrown in somewhere along the line?
From the database:
Spiriting Away: gives all party member 10k ATB (which is needed to get a turn), but if it's Kaguya, give her 12k (which will make her get a turn first)
BSB: gives a party member 11k ATB. (which if you give this to Yukari, she'll get a turn first. Spiriting Away, Kaguya will get a turn. BSB, Yukari get a turn, repeat ad infinitum)

Did it ever have Djinn Storm? I remember fighting it in .04/.06 or w/e and not getting hit by it.
I've never seen Djinn Storm when I was fighting those yellow skeleton. (or whatever it is)

somehow slow? Nitori is definitely one of the faster characters, even without the buff :P
my bad; and so, why don't you use it?
+50% DEF, mnd and SPD is a good buff, tbh.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 05:35:19 AM by gakpakeerror »

Parallaxal

« Reply #997 on: July 30, 2010, 06:32:16 AM »
I personally don't use Optical Camouflage often because I use Nitori as a hit-and-run character. She shouldn't be active when the boss gets around to attacking anyway. And the speed buff usually isn't relevant when Nitori's speed is dictated by how fast someone else can switch her in and out.

If you personally prefer to just leave Nitori out while spamming Megawatt Linear Gun, then Optical Camouflage becomes much more attractive.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #998 on: July 30, 2010, 07:27:13 AM »
Someone remind me how speed works for enemies? I want to calculate the exact DPS of poison with it.  First method with lots of tricky numbers would need this info. The other is to hack the enemie's hp stat and sort of work backwards from that. Neither method seems really reliable tbh.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #999 on: July 30, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
Someone remind me how speed works for enemies? I want to calculate the exact DPS of poison with it.  First method with lots of tricky numbers would need this info. The other is to hack the enemie's hp stat and sort of work backwards from that. Neither method seems really reliable tbh.

I hear about this speed != between enemies and characters, but everything I've seen so far would indicate they use the exact same formula. Which was:

100 speed = 1% bar filled per "tick"
200 speed = 2% bar filled
400 speed = 3% bar filled
700 speed = 4%
1100 speed = 5%
1600 speed = 6%
etc.

« Reply #1000 on: July 30, 2010, 08:47:34 AM »
I personally don't use Optical Camouflage often because I use Nitori as a hit-and-run character. She shouldn't be active when the boss gets around to attacking anyway. And the speed buff usually isn't relevant when Nitori's speed is dictated by how fast someone else can switch her in and out.

If you personally prefer to just leave Nitori out while spamming Megawatt Linear Gun, then Optical Camouflage becomes much more attractive.
i see then, thanks for your opinion.  :3
i'm using her as a hit and run character, but my micromanagement at the speeds isn't as good as yours, so..  :V

the database says that the "speed" written there is not the SPD stats, but the number added to their Active Gauge each tick.
and i forgot where, but i've seen that:
100 SPD = 100 Active Gauge per tick
200 SPD = 200 Active Gauge per tick
400 SPD = 300 Active Gauge per tick
800 SPD = 400 Active Gauge per tick
1600 SPD = 500 Active Gauge per tick
CMIIW~ :p

SPD needed to reach certain Active Gauge per tick is
200 ^ ((Active Gauge / 100) - 1)

...or something like that. I suck at Math.

scrap that.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:49:11 AM by gakpakeerror »

Parallaxal

« Reply #1001 on: July 30, 2010, 11:32:31 AM »
Not the smoothest run, but here it is: Team Unappreciated vs. Shikieiki Yamaxanadu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV5SVCnQiFw

Magical Hellfire DTH hax'd Minoriko despite 30 DTH resistance, so I converted from my safe defensive strategy into an all-out damage race when Shikieiki still had about half her HP left. Still turned out all right in the end, though.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1002 on: July 30, 2010, 01:25:32 PM »
Time to lock. Someone take care of the new thread with the usual links.