Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 239501 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 05:06:40 PM »
Cirno is also the other composite attacker of choice if you don't use Reimu.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 06:09:50 PM »
Cirno is also the other composite attacker of choice if you don't use Reimu.

composite attacks themselves are not a good thing though. They simply suffer from being gimp on both mega def, AND mega-mnd enemies. They formulas on the attacks typically do not feature the same multipliers that you would see on a non composite attack, and it's not possible to boost 2 attack satsuma the same amount you can boost 1.

15f girls multipliers are high but... Yeah duh.

Sakuya is an exception with her soul sculpture because that is pretty much half-composite, it's still a pretty bad move against bosses though.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 06:49:45 PM »
If there's high def and mnd, take the gap in their elemental defenses.

Just found the address for time elapsed, it's a fixed one for anyone to use: 00121FD4
Total game time is given in seconds.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 07:39:23 PM »
Doesn't the game have a severe lack of characters who have CLD-based attacks? That alone gives Cirno some value. I also prefer using Cirno over the other few CLD-attack users, I do not know why, but I like using her. Maybe it has something to do with me saying "you got ⑨ed by the 9 ball" whenever she killed an enemy :V
Yeah, although to be honest, Cirno's not necessarily very good at the actual killing part.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2010, 08:27:40 PM »
Yeah, although to be honest, Cirno's not necessarily very good at the actual killing part.

She makes up for it by getting killed well, oh wait >=P, well at least she has the weakest resistance to the most common element in the game!

Nah seriously, the slow is great but..too many bosses are immune or resistant to it IMO. Seems that every boss that wasn't easy to begin with resisted it (sans 16F).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 08:29:46 PM by Ghaleon »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 10:53:27 PM »

I know, but I still prefer her. Also, since I forget, don't only 2-3 characters have CLD based attacks with one of them being in Plus Disk? That alone makes Cirno useful for those enemies weak to CLD. Sadly, even with that, I agree that Cirno isn't fantastic and could be so much better.

Side note, aren't some of the the enemies/bosses who are weak to CLD lacking in the Defensive department as well?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2010, 10:58:47 PM »
9 squad is around level 50 and got wiped by FH on 8F ::) I hadn't been boosting affinities much though.

Did the whole of 7F without a guide but the girl just isn't showing up. Am I too overlevelled to encounter her?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2010, 11:20:57 PM »
9 squad is around level 50 and got wiped by FH on 8F ::) I hadn't been boosting affinities much though.

Did the whole of 7F without a guide but the girl just isn't showing up. Am I too overlevelled to encounter her?

> You mean the one who you fight in a random battle first,
Spoiler:
Nitori
? If so, she only seems to show up in a certain part of the floor.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2010, 06:21:12 PM »
Where shall I hunt her?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2010, 06:23:41 PM »
> You mean the one who you fight in a random battle first,
Spoiler:
Nitori
? If so, she only seems to show up in a certain part of the floor.

You sure about that?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2010, 07:41:59 PM »
You sure about that?

I have spent 2 hours fighting in various parts of the floor to no avail, yet once I entered a battle in one part, it was her.

Where shall I hunt her?

Spoiler:
You know the main section of the floor, the straight section going right down with branches going left and right? Go onto the left branch that goes in between the two rooms you have to warp into. Keep following the branch and just wander along it up and down, and Nitori should show up. That is the only place on 7F I have seen her, so either she has a low encounter rate and I got lucky when fighting over their, or she has a higher encounter rate in certain section/can only show up in certain sections of the floor.
I'd link an image, but I can't get it working properly right now.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2010, 10:25:29 PM »
I encountered her in the right branch of the floor during my second playthrough. Ergo, random. Not just that, but it was early in my exploration of the floor as well. Adding, my first playthrough has her showing up in the "main corridor". Ergo, I'm going to stick with random.

...RNG has a tendency to work coincidences~
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2010, 11:19:32 PM »
Wish there was an address that let me fight her every encounter :<

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2010, 11:49:00 PM »
Wish there was an address that let me fight her every encounter :<
wait... You're playing NG+ aren't you? She prob doesn't show up if she's in your party.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2010, 11:04:43 PM »
I haven't ditched the 9-squad run, but I want to do another one which I can play at work.

4 girls, they'll be the only ones I use for the entire game. Their leveling rate will be set to 50 or 75% this time and they will start with equipment that they must wear for the entire game. Name the 4 girls to use and what gear they start with. They can only have items from page 1 to 10 of the inventory and the prize from Boss Rush is not allowed. Bear in mind that their gear has to compensate for their resists for every situation. I'll look over suggestions in the morning.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2010, 11:15:15 PM »
I suggest Shiki is one of them. Maybe Mystia...
Hmm. There's a crap load of choices.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2010, 11:18:03 PM »
I suggest Shiki is one of them. Maybe Mystia...
Hmm. There's a crap load of choices.
No, Shiki's spells cost WAAAAY too much SP for something like this. And he's already doing a 9 Team Run with Mystia, so...

Hmm... who to suggest...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2010, 11:40:38 PM »
Any 4? In that case...

Spoiler:
Komachi (HP tank, debuffing)
Rinnosuke (offtank, physical damage dealer/one-time superbuff)
Sanae (healer, status curing/buffs)
Kaguya (defense ignoring, extra turn/stat buff)

As far as equipment, are we allowed more than one of each? If so, 12 Gold Cloths :P Seriously, load Slacker with affinity gear, give That Man all stat gear like Gold Cloth/Star of Elendil, give 2P all-stat gear with emphasis on SPD and defenses, and give Lunatic magic power gear.
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2010, 11:43:05 PM »
What about
Spoiler:
Suika
, then?
Spoiler:
Yuugi, Suika, Kaguya, Eirin?

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2010, 11:53:04 PM »
Spoiler:
Reisen
Cirno
Renko
Chen
:derp:

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2010, 05:36:22 AM »
Stats and affinities can be bought. Resists can't. Also remember that if the team will have good enough resists to start with, I probably won't need a status healer.

I can pack any number of any allowed item for the run. If 12 Gold Cloths are what's good, then that's what I'll use.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2010, 07:57:43 AM »
Stats and affinities can be bought. Resists can't. Also remember that if the team will have good enough resists to start with, I probably won't need a status healer.

I can pack any number of any allowed item for the run. If 12 Gold Cloths are what's good, then that's what I'll use.

Gold clothes are pretty darn good. But I think you could get a better setup on someone like Yuyuko... At least I think it was yuyuko with godly resists to begin with. Some people really have it set in that area regardless though.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2010, 08:26:15 AM »
I looked up Gold Cloth and hurr OP much? The point of restricting the items was so that I don't use stuff like that. More sensible gear in the spirit of the challenge would be Shuttle Body or Star of Elendil.

The chars with the best base resists are Reimu, Wriggle,
Spoiler:
Ran, Mystia and Kanako
. Give or take a few others with specialization. Ideally, I'd still take a tank/speed/healer/mage setup.

The usual tank options are all viable. Speed slot only has the one above as the best choice, unless you want to use Sakuya. Minoriko is the better healer, but her resists are subpar and you'll spend a lot boosting her fire and cold affs. Mage slot, oh man everyone is pretty bad in some way.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2010, 08:39:21 AM »
21f girl is a mageish character who doesn't really have a glaring weakpoint IMO... The first 21f girl, not the second.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2010, 08:46:05 AM »
Expensive spells are damn crippling.
Spoiler:
Keine
looks awesome for this sort of stuff on review.

IBakaChan

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2010, 01:33:42 PM »
5F bitch.
I cannot beat herrrrrr :C

My front team was like... China, Sakuya, Aya, Patchy.
I dumped Youmu and Rumia in Gensokyo, thinking they were bad for the fight, but it actually went better for me the first time I crashed into her with all my chars at low SP, and without Aya and one of my nukers...  :V

Who should I have in my team to beat her?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2010, 02:18:06 PM »
She's the easiest fight IMO because you'll never lose more than 1 char at a time and always from the front slot first. A well built Meiling can survive the fight. Hit her with your best spells and she goes down before killing anyone.

IBakaChan

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2010, 02:28:12 PM »
She's the easiest fight IMO because you'll never lose more than 1 char at a time and always from the front slot first. A well built Meiling can survive the fight. Hit her with your best spells and she goes down before killing anyone.

So, just pump up Melings defense with some equipment and skillpoints and hope to god she doesn't get killed?

I will rely on Patchy n Marisa for this.

I'll return with the results.(If all else fails, I'll just go on my rage-level-grind trip just like with 4F bitch)

IBakaChan

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2010, 03:08:01 PM »
5F bitch is DOWN.

China got killed before she started raging with KO In 3 Steps, so I just started feeding out my less valuable characters(Aya, Rumia, Minoriko etc.) and spamming Silent Selene and Mastersparks.

Thank you Pesco! >w< Your advice was helpful~

Bananamatic

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2010, 03:11:22 PM »
I only beat her because I got the Forbidden Tablet on Patchy, so 50% buff+Silent Selene=10k damage :V
She destroyed my China without any problems :derp: