Author Topic: Gogol Bordello: because punk doesn't have enough gypsies  (Read 3129 times)

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
Gogol Bordello: because punk doesn't have enough gypsies
« on: May 28, 2010, 01:34:20 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OauoL-z3K5E

Ahem.  Sorry, accidentally pressed Enter in the subject field.

Anyway, you guys gotta give a listen to this song if you have any liking for punk or just cool music.  Gogol Bordello is a band fronted by a Hungarian dude who traveled a lot and now lives in Brazil and speaks with a massive accent that sounds fake, but it's gotta be all real.  The band has Eugene Hutz (the Hungarian) as lead vocals and acoustic guitar, a sax player, an accordion player, a violin player, an MC, all kinds of cool shit.  The song is addictive.  I just bought their music on the Zune Marketplace so I can actually legitimately pay money for the band.  Worth every penny. 

Look, it's old country punk music, you can't go wrong!  It's like the Dropkick Murphys but instead of Irishness, they bust out Romanian and Hungarian shit! 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:36:57 AM by Magnificent Jewish Polygamist »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: Gogol Bordello: because punk doesn't have enough gypsies
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 03:47:23 AM »
All the good music finds a place here 8)

That's really fucking awesome, MJP.
The band is so wacky one has to wonder a lot how the fuck did they make that work, but it does.

Also damn, this thing just woke my mother :3
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .