Author Topic: Possibly-crazy stuff you didn't notice for ages  (Read 169642 times)

Re: Possibly-crazy stuff you didn't notice for ages
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 11:45:51 PM »
"ocho" (eight) and "noche"(night) sound well in my language too...but nobody see the infinity symbol in the eight from TH8? all about eternity and inmortality, and the 8 of the infinity...
well damn

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 12:35:55 AM »
This isn't really a crazy thing, but ZUN says that the IN Stage 3 Theme, Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World, sounds like a song that he did a few years ago, and I recently realized that it was similar to Illusionary Girl from Canaveral, the Stage 5 theme from Shuusou Gyoku. :B

Also Illusionary Girl from Canaveral is a pretty cool song but that isn't relevant.

7h3d4rkw0lf

• Some random dude
  • Remi <3
    • Yukkuricraft
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2010, 02:57:15 AM »
I swear, ZUN is planning to take over the world with his freaking genius plot plans.

Don't ask how that correlates to taking over the world, it's ZUN, he can do what he wants :D

bloop

• Your local cephalopod
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2010, 10:13:38 AM »
This isn't really a crazy thing, but ZUN says that the IN Stage 3 Theme, Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World, sounds like a song that he did a few years ago, and I recently realized that it was similar to Illusionary Girl from Canaveral, the Stage 5 theme from Shuusou Gyoku. :B

Also Illusionary Girl from Canaveral is a pretty cool song but that isn't relevant.
Huh, I always thought it was referencing The Inevitably Forbidden Game from LLS.
sugeee

Chainsaw Guitar

Re: Possibly crazy (ry
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2010, 11:06:31 AM »
Everyone with Down's syndrome that I know is a pretty cool person - more so than a lot of supposedly normal people - so I'd be proud to have my fave game associated with them.

Yeah man, those "normal" people are total monsters. I should stop hanging out with them and befriend people with schizophrenia and other mental disorders instead.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2010, 11:14:23 AM »
Yeah man, those "normal" people are total monsters. I should stop hanging out with them and befriend people with schizophrenia and other mental disorders instead.

I did that too.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2010, 11:25:32 AM »

That's funny, I don't remember saying anything like this. But I can tell you, in the ten years that I've been working with the disabled, that people with Down's tend to have pretty sunny dispositions, enjoy the little things in life, and have a great sense of humor. Which is more than I can say for plenty of people I know, myself among them. But hey, welcome back!

On topic:

She vored the sun god Kanako gave her. True, it's not exactly stated that she's immortal or can not really die by normal means, but you can see where the implications of immortality will crop up.

The way I see it though; you're not immortal if I can kill you and you STAY dead.

That's pretty much how I see it, too. And I'd think swallowing a sun god would make you if not immortal than at least nigh invincible anyway.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2010, 12:32:52 PM »
Huh, I always thought it was referencing The Inevitably Forbidden Game from LLS.
Exhibit C:
MS Stage 3 Boss theme
"Plastic Mind"

Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »

Tengukami

Possibly crazy (ry
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2010, 12:48:44 PM »
The plot thickens!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2010, 01:44:02 PM »
The plot thickens!
It's thick enough already.   :V

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 08:34:53 PM »
I just noticed last night while playing DS English patch that Byakuren's lotus flowers have eyes that follow you.

Byakuren's lotus pattern behind her is a lot similar to the wings of the Espgaluda characters.

Doesn't it make you think about a gender-bending Byaku?

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2010, 03:59:44 PM »

I just now noticed that the latter half of SoEW stage 2 is another Space Invaders reference. They move the same and everything.

ZUN is reusing old PC-98 patterns again!  :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2010, 04:16:52 PM »
Actually, that's more akin to the Post-Mid-Boss waves of UFO Stage 2. Which may or may not be a(nother) Space Invaders reference.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 04:40:39 PM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2010, 07:43:07 PM »
This blew my mind the first time I saw it.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2010, 07:46:15 PM »
"ocho" (eight) and "noche"(night) sound well in my language too...but nobody see the infinity symbol in the eight from TH8? all about eternity and inmortality, and the 8 of the infinity...

Better. ?What symbol is it on Yukari's hat? An infinity sign.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2010, 07:48:31 PM »
This blew my mind the first time I saw it.

ZUNisagenius.jpg

jigglyppuff8

• Speed Anime Trance 8
  • Alco Dolce
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2010, 07:51:06 PM »

If all the stages in PCB were numbered in order, Phantasm would be 8th.
I love this thread so much.

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2010, 07:56:07 PM »
Hmm, but in Japanese, 8 meant "a lot" while 9 meant "infinite".

meanwhile, Yukari estimates in CiLR's 5th chapter that 7, 8 or 9 people are willing to help her.

7 = the one-week wizard?
8 = Yagokoro?
9 = Yuyuko? If so.. how's that number related to her?
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2010, 08:12:21 PM »
The hands holding Yukari's gap open in PCB

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2010, 11:45:59 PM »
ZUNisagenius.jpg
I don't see anything :ohdear:

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2010, 11:48:27 PM »
I don't see anything :ohdear:

That is because I didn't post an image. It is just an internet joke which revolves around making a fake .jpg that doesn't do anything, with the title describing what the writer thinks. At least, I see more than enough people do this without showing images. Especially Pesco is known for this.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2010, 12:02:48 AM »
That is because I didn't post an image. It is just an internet joke which revolves around making a fake .jpg that doesn't do anything, with the title describing what the writer thinks. At least, I see more than enough people do this without showing images. Especially Pesco is known for this.
Perhaps I should have quoted the same image you did. But I forgot that this forum doesn't have multiple quoting by default. Derp
Spoiler:
.jpg

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2010, 02:45:29 AM »
The hands holding Yukari's gap open in PCB
I always thought they were trying to escape from the gap or something

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2010, 04:59:47 AM »
Koishi's theme still sounds more or less the same even when played in reverse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpD37k8s_C4

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2010, 07:45:37 AM »
-Sariel is the angel of death,who can kill in massive form with his-her evil eye (i read somewhere who this angel who kill with the eyes XD) but in some apocripha stories appear like a Grigori who fall in sin of lust. Yuyuko (or the Saigyou Ayakashi) can do the same: kill if they want, are cursed-fallen (Saigyou was sealed; Yuyuko, for be the seal of the ayakashi tree, can?t go to the nirvana)...
-Marisa is like Son goku spinoff (no the DBZ one, the original one): she no is bad originally, but she do the things who she wants (who no always is a good thing) love shiny magic (the monkeys love shiny things...) she mimic spells from other characters (monkeys sometimes mimic humans!) she have the mini hakkero (A different sort of Hakkero appeared in the legend Journey to the West, where it was a furnace in which the monkey king Son Goku/Sun Wukong was imprisoned as punishment after devouring the peach of immortality. ..thanks Touhou wiki) Marisa wants found the secret of inmortality or turn a youkai (thing who really happen to Son Goku when eats the peaches of inmortality...that monkey turn into a kind of god, a youkai-like)

Monochrome Rainbow~* Technicolor Ochoufujoshi!
(?y ahora en espa?ol ,yay!) he will be Adequate?

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2010, 08:09:32 AM »

now something who found in Yukari: in IaMP, she have a dress with a pair of i-ching hexagrams...together form the number 45, Ts'ui or ZHUI, the reunion. Hexagram 45 is named 萃 (cu?), "Clustering". Other variations include "gathering together (massing)" and "finished". Its inner trigram is ☷ (坤 kūn) field = (地) earth, and its outer trigram is ☱ (兌 du?) open = (澤) swamp. (thanks wiki you can read this in her profile in the Touhou wiki too.) she reunited all fantastic magical things in one place and confined it in a closed place...nee?

Tengukami

Possibly-crazy stuff
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2010, 08:13:06 AM »
Yukari is just full of surprises.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: Possibly-crazy stuff
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2010, 08:36:53 AM »
Yukari is just full of surprises.
That she is. I am very surprised.

VIVItheFujoshi

• Blackouts=Makeouts! ;)
  • hohoho~*
    • in devianart
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2010, 09:16:33 AM »
"While I was remembering these unnecessary things, I saw my destination. Close [chika] by the Forest [mori] of Magic, and the rainy spell [rin] joining the drizzly rain [kirisame] and the forest. Yes, this is a shop with an owner that would make such an obvious name. The incense [kou] relates to gods, basically meaning shrine. Geez, this guy really likes this stuff. ?Kourindou?. This old and small shop... The Kirisame, humans... this forest of youkai... and then the shrine at the center of their borders. In other words, is this place supposed to be the heart of Gensokyo?"
Marisa's Family name, Kirisame (霧雨) means "drizzly rain".
Rinnosuke's family name, Morichika (森近), literally means "close by the forest".
As for Kourindou (香霖堂) it means "Hall of the Incensed (or perfumed) Rain (or rainy spell)".
The kanji for rainy spell (霖, the same 'rin' from 'Rinnosuke') looks like it's a mix from forest (森) and rain (雨). (It probably is.) (Thanks Nietz!!))

when i saw this,my mind blew away.

for me, HE is the true cauldron of surprises. is one of the more misterious characters in Touhou, because we, even today, don?t know who kind of half youkai is him, or his motivations, or why he have that kind of knowledge,beign "only" a curious half youkai shopkeeper who can fabric things like the mini hakkero.he is so...hermetic, like a mason or something like that. XD