Author Topic: Touhou 13 Speculation  (Read 50901 times)

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
Re: Touhou 13 Speculation
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2010, 04:42:02 PM »
maybe, the next touhou could be of the StB-kind as well. Just sayin'. It's unlikely, but possible.

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2010, 05:38:47 PM »
If Teams are there... the Solo Players should at least be worth playing as, too!

7h3d4rkw0lf

• Some random dude
  • Remi <3
    • Yukkuricraft
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2010, 07:42:59 PM »
Hm, I like the shota dragon idea...

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2010, 08:14:35 PM »
maybe, the next touhou could be of the StB-kind as well. Just sayin'. It's unlikely, but possible.
If it is, it's going to either start duplicating characters who have already appeared in one of the previous two danmaku photography games, introduce a bunch of new characters, cover PC-98 characters, or be really short. There are only 8 characters from the Windows games that have not been in either Double Spoiler or Shoot the Bullet: Daiyousei, Koakuma, Lily, Yuka, Mystia, and the Prismriver Sisters. That's at most four stages. Only one character, Suika, has appeared in both DS and StB. While I'd like to see some spellcards (and more info) for Lily, Daiyousei, and Koakuma, I'm not going to hold my breath. I really doubt that we'll see another danmaku photography game soon.

7h3d4rkw0lf

• Some random dude
  • Remi <3
    • Yukkuricraft
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2010, 08:37:39 PM »
If it is, it's going to either start duplicating characters who have already appeared in one of the previous two danmaku photography games, introduce a bunch of new characters, cover PC-98 characters, or be really short. There are only 8 characters from the Windows games that have not been in either Double Spoiler or Shoot the Bullet: Daiyousei, Koakuma, Lily, Yuka, Mystia, and the Prismriver Sisters. That's at most four stages. Only one character, Suika, has appeared in both DS and StB. While I'd like to see some spellcards (and more info) for Lily, Daiyousei, and Koakuma, I'm not going to hold my breath. I really doubt that we'll see another danmaku photography game soon.

I second this, I doubt ZUN will make two photography games in a row, it strays from the main concept of touhou as well...

I'm going to bet my money on the more "regular" types like IN and EoSD

besides theres already been two "filler" games, 12.3 and 12.5, about time Zun made a new "real" touhou game (as in 13) (also note that the fighting and photo ones are all decimals, not whole numbers)

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2010, 10:08:44 PM »
So what about Touhou 12.7?  It follows the number scheme quite nicely.   :V

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2010, 10:30:55 PM »
So what about Touhou 12.7?  It follows the number scheme quite nicely.   :V
OH HELL NO

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »
What if ZUN adds a 'sword system' like in Radiant Silvergun? The sword deflects certain kinds of bullets and does heavy damage to bosses. Reimu and Sanae would use their gohei, Marisa a spinning star and Sakuya would just swing a large sword/knife.

Also, it would be awesome if certain bosses would fire a screen filling spark which you will have to repel with your own spark in a button mash sequence :V

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2010, 11:13:38 PM »
Also, it would be awesome if certain bosses would fire a screen filling spark which you will have to repel with your own spark in a button mash sequence :V

I see what you did there :V (though Metal Black also counts..)

alternatively, why not lock-on weapons?

Or a third button? (could have a lot of uses: charge up shot while maintaining the rapid-fire shot.. or a secondary shot like in ESP Ra.De, or a function like Dodonpachi's Hyper meter -- Hakurei Counter becomes canon? lols --, or a slowdown/speed up like in ESP Galuda, or a Reflect Barrier like in Giga Wing.. so many possibilities :p )
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2010, 12:17:04 AM »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2010, 12:44:46 AM »
Personally, I'd like to see the return of teams again, only you can pick freely out any individual character with a 'leader' character who the player controls and an invincible support character who flies around the screen killing other enemies or picking up items about to fall off the screen and that kind of stuff.
Like, Marisa would go flying around like a maniac using piercing lasers, Suika could gather all the items if there's nothing for her to shoot. Reimu would have standard homing shots but could give her -1 pixel hitbox to whoever you're playing as, Sanae as a support would extend the deathbomb timer. Other characters would have abilities activated upon grazing like SA (or grazing fills up a meter where you press a third button to activate), where Nazrin or something would create more point items, or Sakuya would slow all the bullets down.
Ha ha. Speculation ftw.

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2010, 04:23:21 AM »
I actually really like that idea. Using only one shottype, but choosing your support character gives you variation in how things are handled, like the humans' skills in IN (Marisa auto-collects without full power, Sakuya slows down falling items, etc).

NEET

• YUKUURISHATENEH
  • mokotanmokotanmokotan
    • Flowering Moon
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2010, 04:42:44 AM »
I'm expecting a it to have a bit of a steam punk flair to it. I've noticed that in SA,12.3, and DS Gensokyo has been showing signs of slight technological progress, So maybe we'll see some more Victorian Era cloths or something like that

HUUUUGE guess, but, I imagine a stage with train tracks in the background with the boss being a tsukomogami Steam Engine with a condutor's hat, a pocket watch, and a nice suit, Possibly with ZUN style arrangments of the 12.3 Menu and Ending themes as the stage and boss themes

But then again, that's just me :V

WANT. :<
I wonder what kind of youkai would be the bosses? A griffin would be cool *-*

Drake

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2010, 04:51:22 AM »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2010, 04:59:38 AM »
signature
I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE PAD JOKE NOW SRSLY

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2010, 07:52:25 AM »
I dunno where to say, but if people haven't noticed it yet, ANOTHER Reitaisai will be held this year September. ZUN will be there.

Anon

• Some Nobody
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2010, 04:36:24 PM »
Indeed he will. Of course, that's not to say he'll release a game, but he'll release something at the least.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2010, 07:26:32 PM »
which means if he will not release his game on comiket it will be reitaisai, thus increasing the chance it will be a standard shooting game

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2010, 08:29:27 PM »
which means if he will not release his game on comiket it will be reitaisai, thus increasing the chance it will be a standard shooting game
I think that's a little too soon... If he does release something, it might be some sort of expansion pack for DS.

I'll give it until December or start of next year for a shooting game.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2010, 10:25:28 PM »
WANT. :<
I wonder what kind of youkai would be the bosses? A griffin would be cool *-*
Stereotypical Victorian Loli. Complete with monocle and top hat.  :V

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2010, 10:10:46 AM »
Perhaps the next plot will involve an aura that forces something like emotion on people and it will be seen as an incident. the last boss could be hiding in a legendary object that emanates the aura and the final boss will have clothes with many colors that do not match. just some ideas i believe are touhou-ish.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2010, 04:11:20 PM »
Perhaps the next plot will involve an aura that forces something like emotion on people and it will be seen as an incident. the last boss could be hiding in a legendary object that emanates the aura and the final boss will have clothes with many colors that do not match. just some ideas i believe are touhou-ish.
HEART!

Wait, Heart goes after Water... *shot*  :V *shot again*

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2010, 06:58:17 PM »

That sound a bit like Scarlet Weather Rhapsody's plot, no?
The scarlet aura brings out the "emotions" in form of weather.
The legendary object, the sword of hisou, who emanates the aura.
Tenshi with her colorful clothing.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

NLTM

• Fuck You Marisa
  • I mean, Fuck.
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2010, 06:32:42 AM »
4 PCs:

Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, Alice

If there are teams, 4 teams:

Reimu + Sanae

Marisa + Alice

Aya + New Tengu Character, or maybe Nitori / Some other resident of Youkai Mountain?

Nazrin + Shou

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2010, 07:07:28 AM »
If Touhou 13 has teams I doubt that Reimu and Sanae would join forces as they each have more likely candidates for partners. The real question is how many shot types would there be and how would they be grouped. My guesses for partners would be

Reimu - Yukari as always. It's slightly hard to say what she will do since IN and Reimu A in SA were quite different.

Marisa -Alice as always. Probably lasers too.

Sanae - Sanae her gods. In fact Sanae in UFO is pretty much an SA team without the bonus skill and the second person chiming in with dialogue.

IF there are two partners for each of the above that will probably be the game there. If they only have one apiece then there are two options.

Shou - Obvious choices are Nazrin (they are sort of paired already) and Byakuren (master and servant pairing just like IN)

Sakuya If the story has a way to work in Remilia given she doesn't go out in the daytime but if not Meiling or a far off chance of Patchouli.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2010, 09:08:26 AM »
I would say that, in the event of teams occurring again...
Reimu + Yukari
The Homing Type
Reimu, unfocused, fires homing shots. Yukari fires needles, but in a manner of EoSD/PCB (ie - not the strongest at long range,)
Reimu and Yukari have always been together. So... Yeah. Reimu's bomb would be orbs as always, Yukari's would involve trains.

Marisa + Byakuren
The Forward Focus Type
Marisa, unfocused, would fire trees again, in a slight spread. At long range, it's the strongest unfocused. Byakuren fires Star Maelstrom lasers that start going out but converge at the closest enemy directly in front. Plus piercing. Definitely the strongest at range.
They're both magicians, and in MarisaB's scenario - the only confirmed canon - Byakuren offers Marisa a reward, though that might be just returning home. Besides, since Marisa's partner isn't a stage 3 boss, she isn't worthless. Marisa bombs using the Master Spark, Byakuren goes Superhuman.

Ichirin + Murasa
The Spread Type
Ichirin shoots bullets in a pattern resembling her midboss nonspell in a 90~ degree angle. Murasa fires 3 anchors at a very slow rate of fire that deal relatively massive damage. They're still spread out with about 30~ degrees between them, but hitting a boss with all three is the strongest DPS in the game. With just one, though, it's on par with Reimu. Oh, and they explode for splash damage.
I can't really think of any pairing for a UFO team, though Shou and Nazrin make sense. Ichirin bombs using Unzan BROFISTS and Murasa uses Dipper Creeping Closer for little base damage but a long time to shotgun.

Sanae + Nue
The Remilia/MarisaC Type
Sanae fires stars in a slight spread that still deals respectable damage at any range. Nue uses UFOs to position anywhere, but they have infinite range like Remilia but slightly less damage than Mari/Bya.
Sanae B in UFO pretty much kidnaps Nue to take a picture, but who knows what happens after that. Sanae is trying to become dependent, so her bomb doesn't involve her gods. Nue fires orbs everywhere that change into random bullets that then fly into enemies.

Haha, I still would prefer having a player character and a support.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2010, 12:40:06 AM »
I want to say something about elemental powerups that change the properties of your shot and, depending on what type you have, will do more damage to the enemy. Like a Fire shot will dominate plant type enemies or something...

...But I don't think you can do that in Danmakufu :V
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Bananamatic

« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2010, 11:53:14 AM »
I want to say something about elemental powerups that change the properties of your shot and, depending on what type you have, will do more damage to the enemy. Like a Fire shot will dominate plant type enemies or something...

Dimahoo

« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2010, 12:21:53 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e34VK4BmZiE :)   (dunno if counter-element enhanced damage is implemented, though)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2010, 12:46:55 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e34VK4BmZiE :)   (dunno if counter-element enhanced damage is implemented, though)

Hey, that's neat. eXceed2nd uses this same mechanic. I think I'd like to see that in a Touhou game.

I'm still holding out for a game with forks in the path where you encounter different bosses, stage backgrounds, music and danmaku depending on which route you decide to take at different points in the game.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."