Author Topic: Touhou 13 Speculation  (Read 50996 times)

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Re: Touhou 13 Speculation
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 01:01:12 PM »
And then an empire from another time period with a blatant pig theme around them show up and try to industrialize everything.

At least, that was the game you were referring too, right?

No.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 01:17:34 PM »
I don't care, as long as there is loli

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 01:32:31 PM »
I just hope Touhou 13 isn't going to the chain reaction cause of MoF (as SA and UFO were) but something refreshing. And as long at is has awesome stage 1 opening music. Secretly I prefer a IN style team-up game with IN mechanism. But knowing ZUN, he doesn't do things twice in general.

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 03:27:49 PM »
I just hope Touhou 13 isn't going to the chain reaction cause of MoF (as SA and UFO were) but something refreshing. And as long at is has awesome stage 1 opening music. Secretly I prefer a IN style team-up game with IN mechanism. But knowing ZUN, he doesn't do things twice in general.
*cough* Double Spoiler *cough*

I'm still hoping for a PoFV game with non-laggy netplay.  I'd rather not use adonis and just have it built-in.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Touhou 13
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 03:35:50 PM »
If it's a PoFV game, let's hope this one has danmaku instead of random wandering bullets.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Re: Touhou 13
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 04:49:18 PM »
If it's a PoFV game, let's hope this one has danmaku instead of random wandering bullets.

Is it even possible in a split screen?

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 04:56:21 PM »
I'm not even going to say anything...

I'm not going to FUCKING say anything...except this...

"The tale begins as a tragedy."

Whaddayou talkin' 'bout, foo? I don't remember none o' that! You just a crazy man, seein' things what ain't there.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2010, 05:13:37 PM »

Whaddayou talkin' 'bout, foo? I don't remember none o' that! You just a crazy man, seein' things what ain't there.

I agree, hopefully TH13 will introduce another kappa.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 05:17:53 PM »
*cough* Double Spoiler *cough*
DS != regular Touhou "Reimu goes kicking ass with her girls" game.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2010, 07:02:09 AM »
What happened to Lyrica? :(
Moved to a secret character.

- - - - -

Option B:  TH01

Basically ZUN remakes the first five games as a prequel series, making story/character rewrites to jive with current canon, making games he's comfortable releasing.

Of course, that means TH01 will be practically new.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 07:08:58 AM by Aya Reiko »

Zakenna

• fomer Internet tough guy
  • Ahh After 10,000 years I'm free!
    • polyvinylcrush
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 03:48:25 PM »
You know what? Horizontal Phantasmagoria yeaaaaaah

Would be game changing and everyone will complain

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 04:53:40 PM »
Option B:  TH01

Basically ZUN remakes the first five games as a prequel series, making story/character rewrites to jive with current canon, making games he's comfortable releasing.

Of course, that means TH01 will be practically new.
I actually hope he doesn't do anything like this, so it can remain vague enough that we can come up with our own fanworks. ;)

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 05:00:11 PM »

Would be game changing and everyone will complain
I suck at horizontal shmups.   :V

I actually hope he doesn't do anything like this, so it can remain vague enough that we can come up with our own fanworks. ;)
I agree completely.  One of the greatest attractions of Touhou is the way ZUN almost encourages us to make fanworks.

Formless God

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2010, 05:16:30 PM »
Play PoFV tate'd instead BV
Horizontal shmups are pretty fun anyway. I had a great time with Progear and Scarlet Meister.

But I'm begging for a TLB.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2010, 05:23:18 PM »
I speculate that it's going to be awesome.

You don't need to know know about a Touhou  :V

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2010, 10:51:51 PM »
I want an Ichirin-Murasa team for phantasmagoria. Murasa dropping anchors in her screen, constantly damaging fairies that hit it, also ANCHOR SHAPE SCOPE! And then Ichirin + Unzan dropping insane brofists in the opponents screen.

AWESOME

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2010, 02:34:35 AM »
Byakuren will be playable, though you'll have to 1cc Lunatic and press D key on Neco Arc Chaos to unlock her.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2010, 03:34:47 AM »
Byakuren will be playable, though you'll have to 1cc Lunatic and press D key on Neco Arc Chaos to unlock her.

Unfortunately, she has a hit box about the size of the Vic Viper Lord British.

StainGlass

• Not the only one
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2010, 04:06:43 AM »

My idea, another Phantamagoria game.  The main difference, instead of 1v1, it's 2v2.  One character will be on their own side firing at anything that comes into range.  The other character, when circumstances allow, will be assisting the player and interfering with the opponent.

I quite like that idea.
Garden Master's Expedition: Yuka & Elly

And that would be awsome. I'd love to see some more PC-98 characters return. But sadly the chance of that happening isn't too great.

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2010, 04:34:22 AM »
Unfortunately, she has a hit box about the size of the Vic Viper Lord British.
[strike]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY079Nh2THQ[/strike]  :D

I'd like to see a Phantasmagoria too, where the old windows characters and the newer ones do participate.. (please ZUN, don't try to Touhou-fy Change Air Blade..) ..teamplay would be a nice twist..

seeing that ZUN has apparently been "inspired" by Battle Garegga/Armed Police Batrider (due to the bombing) for MoF ( with the faith chaining and generic bombing from PoFV, but without PoFV's bullet/fairy/spirit chaining ), Shikigami No Shiro's bonus for killing enemies while grazing for SA, and Raiden Fighters Jet's medal lumping (except in RFJ you collect the "mega-medal", while in UFO you destroy the summoned UFO, and UFO doesn't have the DX Medals and bonus message chaining -- which StB and DS have, in a modified manner).. I ask myself.. who's going to provide inspiration for ZUN now? Sure, there are lots of interesting scoring systems, but they're kinda difficult to Touhou-fy.. perhaps ZUN will have his next game have graze level-ups which grant temporary invincibility (as in PsyVariar)?
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2010, 01:54:53 PM »
If it's gonna be a normal Touhou game, I hope Alice is gonna be playable. Due to how alot of fan work has her working with Reimu and Marisa, I already consider her sort of a main character.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2010, 02:47:02 PM »
seeing that ZUN has apparently been "inspired" by Battle Garegga/Armed Police Batrider (due to the bombing) for MoF ( with the faith chaining and generic bombing from PoFV, but without PoFV's bullet/fairy/spirit chaining ), Shikigami No Shiro's bonus for killing enemies while grazing for SA, and Raiden Fighters Jet's medal lumping (except in RFJ you collect the "mega-medal", while in UFO you destroy the summoned UFO, and UFO doesn't have the DX Medals and bonus message chaining -- which StB and DS have, in a modified manner).. I ask myself.. who's going to provide inspiration for ZUN now? Sure, there are lots of interesting scoring systems, but they're kinda difficult to Touhou-fy.. perhaps ZUN will have his next game have graze level-ups which grant temporary invincibility (as in PsyVariar)?

I wouldn't be too worried about ZUN running out of ideas. Game makers regularly borrow elements from other games. The list you come up with here are aspects that he may or may not have borrowed from these other games, but Touhou still has a very distinct gameplay, storyline and artwork.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2010, 06:28:18 PM »
I wouldn't be too worried about ZUN running out of ideas. Game makers regularly borrow elements from other games. The list you come up with here are aspects that he may or may not have borrowed from these other games, but Touhou still has a very distinct gameplay, storyline and artwork.

I'm not complaining about ZUN using elements from other games, in fact I like how he has, in a degree, touhou-fied the gameplay from the games I've mentioned above (but not limited to them ), except that there's still often emphasis on grazing ( and occasionally, point-blank grazing, which is.. irritating, to me ), and no obvious way to know where your playthroughs can be improved, score-wise, other than trial-and-error or watching replays from other players.

I can't help but think that Touhou often references/homages other shmups/series.. when I look at this for example.. and since grazing apparently has come to stay in this series, at least ZUN could make it more flexible or fun to do (for example, discouraging point-blank grazing as it can make scoreplay really inflexible, as in, "do it perfectly or else you'll lose too many points to even bother keep playing", and not having the bullet you just grazed be invalidated for further grazes; that way, you could still get better rewards for grazing masses of other bullets while being able to keep a grazing chain with a single bullet/stream, if there was such a grazing chain mechanism)

Anyways, if the next Touhou is a "traditional" Touhou shmup, I'd be really happy if the stages and boss fights can be at least as fun as playing Phantasm Romance 2.5 Plus. (of course, the "maze stages" would be highly unlikely to appear.. but the pacing was well done on that game, as well as the need to move around the screen plus, I still wanna reach its 4th Extra Stage dammit)
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2010, 08:28:57 PM »
Hisou Tensoku gets a glitch because Nitori fucked up somewhere along the line when building it, and she teams up with Suwako to stop its rampage across Gensokyo.

Ace Of Hearts

• Love Power Holder
  • *flyingninjatacklehug*
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2010, 04:38:48 AM »
I figure it has to be either another shooting game, or a PoFV-like game, as mentioned (I suppose one could say we're overdue for another of those).  We've already had a fighting game and a photography game recently, and a whole number would have to be next.

Also, it will be awesome and feature a unique system that sets it apart from the other Touhou games.

There will be people who don't like said unique system and claim it or several boss spell cards to be bullshit.

There will probably be a boss whose lasers curve in stranger ways than Shou's/Byakuren's.

I also predict Sanae will be playable again (although not necessarily).
Of the four energies which inspire action, those who have Love Power are inspired to do for others out of kindness and generosity; those who act upon Love Power are patient, kind, and caring.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2010, 07:20:50 AM »
Six Stages
New Power System
Graze System
New Bomb System
New Characters
Good Music
New Feature (in game)
New Feature (Similar to spell practice / last spells, etc.)

Extra Stage
Phantasm Stage

Reimu + Marisa playable, with a new (possibly) unlockable character. Probably Satori + Okuu, Satori + Orin, Satori + Koishi, etc.

You can play teams. (Example: Reimu + Sanae, Marisa + Byakuren)

Touhou 13 will be rain-themed. Most likely not ocean themed.

I don't think Sakuya is coming back, therefore Mima is most likely not coming back.

===============

If this doesn't happen, then another Phantasmagoria.

Touhou 13 will increase the system requirements, and will bring some flashy new effects. The game resolution WILL NOT change. (640 x 480)

And it will eat up 560 - 720 MB.

Net play will work smoothly. Use of teams or solo characters.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 07:23:07 AM by Yukimura no Reika »

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2010, 01:32:28 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't want teams? :V

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2010, 02:11:00 PM »
please play Armed Police Batrider, before saying that you don't want teams :V
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4472682 (fast-forward to 6:17, and tell me you're not in awe by seeing the guy fighting such hard-to-see Mahou Daisakusen bosses while using Battle Garegga characters, and vice-versa -- Glow Squid lacks its awesome bgms from Garegga, though..)
Translations.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2010, 03:24:11 PM »
I don't know if the APB team system would work all that well for Touhou as the first thing that I thought of was me playing along as the UFO team and thinking "Crap I just died, now I'm stuck with shooting cloud fists. Cloud fists suck. You would think they are cool but they are the worst bullet pattern ever. ZUN must have been sober when he designed this bullet pattern. I want my curvy lasers back. "

Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2010, 03:42:03 PM »
playing for score in Batrider means making teams consisting of characters from Garegga and Batrider edit: Mahou Daisakusen (besides choosing three different option shot types and three different ship types, for fighting the two Highway-stage ninjas), anyways, so you'd want to drop Ichirin if you didn't want to play as her :p (however, I dislike Batrider's aura usage almost as much as I dislike grazing in Touhou..)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 08:41:15 PM by shadowbringer »
Translations.