Author Topic: Touhou 13 Speculation  (Read 50993 times)

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
Re: Touhou 13 Speculation
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2010, 05:08:11 PM »
Japanese:

Number 4 Pronounced "yon" or "shi"

You get -> 四 if you type "yon"
If you type "shi" you can the Kanji for death, which is 死

Although meaning are different, it's like linking the word of death with a number. I don't know how this happened, but yeah.
But still, a lot of Kanji is pronounced "shi" so yeah...

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2010, 07:28:45 PM »
Well if EoSD/PCB/IN formed their own little "trilogy," then couldn't MoF/SA/UFO make another little trilogy as well, and then with Touhou 13 we'll move onto a different running plot?

...possibly with a new game engine?

I don't know if those were OFFICIALLY their own trilogies, but that's a pretty good point. Though the relationship between mof,sa, and UFO isn't as strong as eosd->in IMO.

ebarrett

« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2010, 07:55:51 PM »
Though the relationship between mof,sa, and UFO isn't as strong as eosd->in IMO.

WAT

Kanako is the direct cause of the events in SA, by giving Utsuho nuclear powers. The events in the subterranean are the direct cause of the Holy Palanquin being propelled skywards, starting the UFO storyline. In which way do EoSD/PCB/IN interact?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2010, 08:40:13 PM »
WAT

Kanako is the direct cause of the events in SA, by giving Utsuho nuclear powers. The events in the subterranean are the direct cause of the Holy Palanquin being propelled skywards, starting the UFO storyline. In which way do EoSD/PCB/IN interact?

I'm referring to the ability to play as the cast from eosd and pcb in IN and get their perspectives on the new cast/story. Admittanly sakuya being in pcb isn't as strong but I think all that potential dialogue thru the game connects the two more than the plot starter being connected without actually getting a nod in-game for UFO.

edit: Sakuya in PCB is pretty much == to Sanae in UFO, but bloody everyone in IN more than makes up more of a connection (IMO) for IN than the plot starter in UFO and SA as well as extra end plot thing in SA
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:34:53 PM by Ghaleon »

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2010, 09:42:54 AM »
ZUN said that he wanted to make an IN like game before EoSD, but he had to establish characters for it to work, so he did EoSD and PCB first.

ebarrett

« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2010, 02:08:46 PM »
That makes IaMP and Hisouten(soku) the most important entries in the (games) canon, then. Not that I'd disagree with that particular point of view, on the contrary.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2010, 06:39:29 PM »
That makes IaMP and Hisouten(soku) the most important entries in the (games) canon, then. Not that I'd disagree with that particular point of view, on the contrary.

Yeah.. I don't like fighting games, but I'm mustering the desire to play them just for that very reason.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »
I would play IaMP, SWR and UNL if I knew the controls.

You see, I'm not very good with fighting gaem

And I tried to look for a tutorial on Youtube, but all I got was this dumbass who put Iku "Get Down" for eight fucking minutes

argh I'm still pissed off despite this happening four months ago.

Does anyone know where I should go to learn controls and stuff? (How do you use skills, etc)

« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2010, 06:52:13 PM »
I would play IaMP, SWR and UNL if I knew the controls.

You see, I'm not very good with fighting gaem

And I tried to look for a tutorial on Youtube, but all I got was this dumbass who put Iku "Get Down" for eight fucking minutes

argh I'm still pissed off despite this happening four months ago.

Does anyone know where I should go to learn controls and stuff? (How do you use skills, etc)

You can change the controls in all those games but the defaults are normally ASDZXC and the arrow keys. 

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2010, 06:54:56 PM »
You can change the controls in all those games but the defaults are normally ASDZXC and the arrow keys.
I know that much, but like I was saying...

How do you get good? Like... combos, skills and stuff?

That is why even when I kick Tenshi in Lunatic, I don't feel satisfied because I don't even know what the hell I am doing. =/

« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2010, 07:00:54 PM »

That is why even when I kick Tenshi in Lunatic, I don't feel satisfied because I don't even know what the hell I am doing. =/

You could read from the wiki I spouse. http://hisouten.koumakan.jp/

But I think a lot of what your seeking might be found in just practicing. 

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Touhou 13
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2010, 07:06:35 PM »
You could also go to Vs. Mode and just practice combos.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

ebarrett

« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2010, 07:22:11 PM »
Yeah.. I don't like fighting games, but I'm mustering the desire to play them just for that very reason.

You don't need to like fighting games, you only need to like lolis spinning at 10000 RPM before crashing head-first into the ground. That's what first got me into Touhou!

« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2010, 09:45:23 PM »

for IaMP:
http://iamp.mizuumi.net/index.php/Main_Page
http://zenosip.blogspot.com/
(there's also general/character-specific strategy on youtube, if you're interested.. or you may want to go here, in the first post :p)

for SWR/Soku, though, I think that there's no tutorials/strategy videos so far. (okay, I may've seen some Yuyuko-specific ones, regarding spellcard usage and how to escape from one of them.. but that's about it.)
I guess that match videos and the wiki (mentioned in some posts above) would be recommended for you, in this case. (and maybe the #hisouten irc channel, haven't visited it yet, but maybe they can help you absorb some knowledge from these videos and games, and gradually tell you why the players do what they do, etc..)

About the video you spoke of, earlier, the author (and a lot of other players) apparently was disappointed with SWR as a fighting game (.. kinda how Million Knights Vermillion was hyped before its release, and then turned to be an uninteresting game). Contrary to popular belief, he didn't dislike the game because it "wasn't IaMP", if you look at his first posts on a SWR thread ( and youtube videos featuring SWR ).
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #194 on: July 26, 2010, 01:39:14 AM »
Do you have a joystick controller or a gamepad? I find these MUCH easier to use than arrow keys for any fighting game that needs moves like quarter-circle-forward or half-circle-back, stuff like that. I've always played stuff like Street Fighter and Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the PS2 with a joystick. Doing special moves, comboing, and just overall character control are so much easier than using arrow keys. Not that it's easy on a joystick... it's just that trying to maneuver the character using arrow keys is ridiculously hard for me.

Now for shmups, I NEED a keyboard.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2010, 02:04:21 AM »
That's part of the reason why I don't play PC games a lot, you see...

I don't have a controller.

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
  • RIP 7/21/2010-9/10/2010
« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2010, 05:56:38 AM »
I remembered what I thought of: I bet Touhou 13 is going to involve one of the other dimensions such as makai, or the dream realm, or something like that. or maybe the border is gonna weaken again...

« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2010, 02:53:56 AM »
just a random thought. The newest Touhou character being revealed at the time of 12.8's release.. if you consider Aya appeared in official manga, before StB's release (so people could gradually accept a new main character in a Touhou game without having an impression of a sudden change of a protagonist), and the fact that Hatate didn't need an official manga to make an appearance as a counterbalance.. tl;dr I honestly don't think the newest character would be an interesting/identifiable character to play as, outside a Phantasmagoria game.. (maybe if she's indeed related to the oni, but I'd rather want to see how Yugi and Suika play like, in a shmup, if I had to choose one -- two -- or the other)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Touhou 13
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2010, 09:17:24 AM »
Then, we've had plenty of characters appearing solely in the official manga; not in the games. The manga isn't the most reliable indication of what new characters are soon to appear in games.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Drake

« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2010, 09:22:51 AM »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2010, 06:47:59 AM »
ZUN blows it all out:

makes all formerly unthought of characters playable.

1. Playables: Ichirin and Unzan team, Utsuho and Orin team, Hina and Medicine team.

2. All in game bosses are new.

3. New power system: there is none, you get power only by defeating bosses in a certain way, ie, combo enough chains to gain bonus.

HEAVEN OR HELL
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2010, 08:07:03 AM »
Hina and Medicine team.

But but... Hina is nice, and Medicine is a bish.

« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2010, 10:18:36 PM »
But but... Hina is nice, and Medicine is a bish.
Read the Hina x Medicine doujins.   :V

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
ZUN blows it all out:

makes all formerly unthought of characters playable.

1. Playables: Ichirin and Unzan team, Utsuho and Orin team, Hina and Medicine team.

2. All in game bosses are new.

3. New power system: there is none, you get power only by defeating bosses in a certain way, ie, combo enough chains to gain bonus.

HEAVEN OR HELL
1. Playables: Utsuho and Orin team
YEAH!!!! THIS GAME IS THE BEST TOUHOU EVER MADE!!! (After 11, of course ~_^)