Author Topic: Touhou 13 Speculation  (Read 50983 times)

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Touhou 13 Speculation
« on: May 12, 2010, 01:37:53 AM »
Odd...  We usually hear something about the next game in the series by now.  Well, we did have Double Spoiler, but that came out a couple of months ago.

What are your thoughts on what TH13 will be?

- - - - -

My idea, another Phantamagoria game.  The main difference, instead of 1v1, it's 2v2.  One character will be on their own side firing at anything that comes into range.  The other character, when circumstances allow, will be assisting the player and interfering with the opponent.

Prospective Teams:
Shrine Maiden and Trainee: Reimu & Sanae
Aria of Forbidden Magic: Marisa & Alice
Servants of the Devil: Sakuya & Hong Meiling
Inaba of the Moon, Inaba of the Earth: Reisen & Tei
Wanderers Between Life and Death: Youmu & Komachi
Prismriver Sisters: Lunasa & Merlin
Ambitious Tengu Reporters: Aya & Hatate
Garden Master's Expedition: Yuka & Elly
Byakuren Temple Team: Shou & Nazrin
Pets of the Satori: Rin & Utsuho

And save a few spots for new characters, secret characters, and the bosses.  Teams are set for Story mode, For Vs. mode, any team can be assembled from the available characters.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:40:54 AM by Aya Reiko »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou 13 Speculation
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 01:44:06 AM »
I'd be surprised if there was another game this year. From the sounds of it, it seems ZUN was depressed about something before the release of Double Spoiler, so maybe he only had the drive to do one game.

As for the next game, it'll have bullets, and Reimu and Marisa will appear as playable characters. There will be six stages, plus an extra, and it'll have good music.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 01:49:13 AM »
Don't forget it will implement shooting, Scoring, grazing and it will have a power system too!

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 01:58:25 AM »
And of course, it'll have a gimmick that makes it slightly/very different from other games, and will directly involve scoring!

And now for some speculations that are not based on what we already have seen:
Based on patterns, it MIGHT be Phantasmagoria. Very likely.
In such a scenario, Reimu, Marisa, and Sanae are guaranteed a spot. Aya, Okuu, and Kogasa are likely possibilities. Other characters are variable.
It probably will NOT revolve around water.

If it's a Danmaku game, it  will have Reimu and Marisa, with a possibility of Sanae, and if the SDM is threatened, then Sakuya will appear, too.
There will be curved lasers. BEWARE!

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Toasty

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 02:05:11 AM »
Final Boss: Shota Dragon
Stage five: MANNOSUKE
Stage four: Youki (Midboss: Rinnosuke)
Stage three: Lord Tenma
Stage two: Marisa's dad
Stage one: Standard loli

Player cast: Miko, Miko, Jesus, Witch

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 02:23:28 AM »
Final Boss: Shota Dragon
I approve of this!

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 02:26:58 AM »
Prismriver Sisters: Lunasa & Merlin

What happened to Lyrica? :(

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 02:31:39 AM »
Final Boss: Lord Tenma on Horse
Stage five: MANNOSUKE
Stage four: Lord Tenma
Stage three: Lord Tenma's horse
Stage two: Marisa's dad
Stage one: Standard loli

Fixt.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 02:40:57 AM »
I'm expecting a it to have a bit of a steam punk flair to it. I've noticed that in SA,12.3, and DS Gensokyo has been showing signs of slight technological progress, So maybe we'll see some more Victorian Era cloths or something like that

HUUUUGE guess, but, I imagine a stage with train tracks in the background with the boss being a tsukomogami Steam Engine with a condutor's hat, a pocket watch, and a nice suit, Possibly with ZUN style arrangments of the 12.3 Menu and Ending themes as the stage and boss themes

But then again, that's just me :V
Wotters gonna' wot

Magical Girl Satori~

• obviously i am magical..
  • loljk im not i totally fooled you
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 02:44:00 AM »
1st Boss =  Prep
2nd Boss = Goth
3rd Boss = Scene
4th Boss = Emo
5th Stage Midboss = Nerd
5th Boss = Jock
6th Boss = Gangster
EX = Psycho.
TITLE: Yukari's Gapping Incident
PCS: Marisa in teacher outfit and Reimu in principal outfit.
kk nuff said.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 02:59:39 AM »
1st Boss =  Prep
2nd Boss = Goth
3rd Boss = Scene
4th Boss = Emo
5th Stage Midboss = Nerd
5th Boss = Jock
6th Boss = Gangster
EX = Psycho.
TITLE: Yukari's Gapping Incident
PCS: Marisa in teacher outfit and Reimu in principal outfit.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 03:08:46 AM »
Gensokyo is flooded to epic proportions and the heroines must venture underwater to find the culprit.

Yes I really want a water themed Touhou game damnit. =(

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 03:27:53 AM »
Like I suggested before, Touhou 13 = Water, Touhou 14 = Heart, Touhou 14 Phantasm Boss = Captain Planet. (as a loli)

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 03:41:23 AM »
*deadpan* The first three stages will be Reimu investigating some particularly strange Incident and Marisa following after Reimu wondering what happened to her. The post-boss dialogue in stage 3 has the boss saying "hah, I'm not done yet!" for both versions and the demo ends there, but the full game will have the stage 3 boss apparently killing them. Then you start over from stage 1 playing as Renko and Maribel respectively as they accidentally end up in Gensokyo. You get a different stage 3 boss, and the previous stage 3 boss is now the stage 5 boss, and the goal is now to rescue Reimu and Marisa.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 03:55:08 AM »
RENKO AND MARIBEL CAN'T FLY ASSHOLE

dustyjo

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 03:55:42 AM »
Then they will run and throw hats at people.

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 04:03:26 AM »
TH13 sould have a gimmick stage where it's all horizontal.

that would be a amusing change.

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 04:11:47 AM »
東方眼鏡奴 ~ Phantasmagoria of Testosterone
Only playable character is Rinnosuke
Gimmick: you can't fire bullets

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 04:17:35 AM »
I'd be surprised if there was another game this year. From the sounds of it, it seems ZUN was depressed about something before the release of Double Spoiler, so maybe he only had the drive to do one game.

As for the next game, it'll have bullets, and Reimu and Marisa will appear as playable characters. There will be six stages, plus an extra, and it'll have good music.

Zun was depressed? Where was this made apparent?
Anyway I think that a Phantasmagoria game, while possible, isn't likely. Not unlikely either.

Personally I have a hunch that I'll like the next one more than most of the series. I personally hope hatate becomes the next "slut", and Sanae drifts back to mediocraty. Though it might take another phantasmagoria game to gracefully start the next slut conspiracy theory =p. 

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 04:20:15 AM »
東方眼鏡奴 ~ Phantasmagoria of Testosterone
Only playable character is Rinnosuke
Gimmick: you can't fire bullets

It will be a beat 'em up.

It will feature Rinnosuke, who plays like Mike Haggar; Unzan, who plays like Mike Haggar; and Genji, who plays like Mike Haggar.

The endboss will be Meiling's twin sister.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 04:24:21 AM »
Zun was depressed? Where was this made apparent?

I believe someone translated his Twitters the days before DS's release, and he said something about "feeling much better now." If I'm wrong, that's just another strike against me. :S
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 04:30:46 AM »
The twin sister will be dressed like M Bison.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 04:35:13 AM »
I believe someone translated his Twitters the days before DS's release, and he said something about "feeling much better now." If I'm wrong, that's just another strike against me. :S

Oh, that's nothing. I was like "ZUN IS QUITTING ITS OVER ITS ALLL....OVVEERRR!!!! *wrists*" for a minute.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 05:10:37 AM »
...I don't even need to voice my speculations, do I~?

Ahem... But apart from Rin Satsuki... Hmmm... I suppose a new Phantasmagoria game would be nice...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 06:35:05 AM »
*deadpan* The first three stages will be Reimu investigating some particularly strange Incident and Marisa following after Reimu wondering what happened to her. The post-boss dialogue in stage 3 has the boss saying "hah, I'm not done yet!" for both versions and the demo ends there, but the full game will have the stage 3 boss apparently killing them. Then you start over from stage 1 playing as Renko and Maribel respectively as they accidentally end up in Gensokyo. You get a different stage 3 boss, and the previous stage 3 boss is now the stage 5 boss, and the goal is now to rescue Reimu and Marisa.

Was actually going to speculate something like this, insofar as his re-visiting the fork-in-the-path thingy for Imperishable Night is concerned. More forks in the path: that's what I predict.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 06:37:24 AM »
I wouldn't mind something like CtC, where each girl goes to investigate but takes completely separate paths for the first 3 stages.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 08:48:33 AM »
I'd like to bring up that reincarnation factory plot up again. Except this time I correct my previous error: I meant stork youkai, not ostrich youkai. I keep mixing up their names :ohdear:

Was actually going to speculate something like this, insofar as his re-visiting the fork-in-the-path thingy for Imperishable Night is concerned. More forks in the path: that's what I predict.

This. Preferably a fork-in-the-path at an early stge, like stage 3. In one thread (can't remember which) I suggested that each path lets you face a different faction that are battling each other. The extra stage shows the true culprit and beating him/her up makes the two factions come at peace. Like Sonic Adventure 2, basically.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 09:51:39 AM »
Some dragon will explode into the world causing a cataclysm what changes the world forever. Wait, wrong game.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 10:41:44 AM »
Some dragon will explode into the world causing a cataclysm what changes the world forever. Wait, wrong game.

And then an empire from another time period with a blatant pig theme around them show up and try to industrialize everything.

At least, that was the game you were referring too, right?

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 12:52:08 PM »
I'm not even going to say anything...

I'm not going to FUCKING say anything...except this...

"The tale begins as a tragedy."
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus