Author Topic: Danmaku Viewing Trip (DEADLINE FOR SCRIPT SUBMISSION IS 1NOVEMBER! (東方無名撮)  (Read 89584 times)

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
Re: 東方無名撮 ~ Danmaku Viewing Trip
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2010, 12:33:04 PM »
Quoted. We're not making an official Touhou game, so why would we have to restrict ourselves to only female characters? Plus, look at UFO- Unzan is male, even if he's not humanoid, and ZUN wanted to have Byakuren's BROTHER be the final boss originally, or so I heard. So why not? :D

next, you'll be asking if you can have bugs, and various farm animals, right? Honestly, just

:dealwithit:

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Breaking news
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2010, 12:46:47 PM »
My character is female, but I see nothing wrong with letting people decide their gender. If you insist on forcing everyone to be female, consider me out.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 12:54:31 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Kittyrose405

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »
Umm... .I have a question.
I don't know how to make Danmaku, can I still be in if I can design the card and the character by myself?
I mean, I'm more than willing to learn, but I have school to worry about for now so I'll be a late bloomer.
[Sorry if this has already been asked.]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 12:58:50 PM by Kitty Rose »

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2010, 01:45:11 PM »
We should have some petition to sign and show WL.
All in favour, quote this post.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »
I really hope that gets abolished, then, because I don't really have (or want) any female OCs, and I don't want people turning mine into female characters just for this. I'm male, darn it- I'd like to be represented as such. :(
An OC is not (necessarily) you.  If you don't want it to be a representation of you, then create a new character who isn't you and don't give them the same name.

It's... really not that hard.

Either way I don't care whether the restriction's in or not.  Maybe slightly on the side of not restricting it, but this is still a game set within Gensokyo, even if the cast is completely original, so I'm just deciding to fencesit on this one.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 02:56:17 PM by Garlyle »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2010, 03:19:23 PM »
An OC is not (necessarily) you.  If you don't want it to be a representation of you, then create a new character who isn't you and don't give them the same name.

It's... really not that hard.
True dat.
I could roll out ideas like grass. It's just that most of these ideas are male OCs. :/

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »
does it really matter that much? :V

I don't even know what gender SUEKOMA is supposed to be

but if I had to say, it would be FABULOUS :getdown:

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2010, 03:25:58 PM »
can't we just say everyone's bisexual? :V
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »
no

everyone is DISCOSEXUAL

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »
can't we just say everyone's bisexual? :V
Wouldn't the correct term be Hermaphrodites?

no

everyone is DISCOSEXUAL
Or this

I don't know.  I'm fine with male characters so long as they're not Mannosuke-esque manly or anything like that.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:35:24 PM by Garlyle »

Tengukami

Breaking news
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2010, 03:38:04 PM »
I think it's unfair to depict those who want to decide their own gender as being the unreasonable ones here. Why -must- everyone be female? You let them make their own characters. Let them decide their gender. Most'll pick female anyway.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: Breaking news
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2010, 03:47:36 PM »
I think it's unfair to depict those who want to decide their own gender as being the unreasonable ones here. Why -must- everyone be female? You let them make their own characters. Let them decide their gender. Most'll pick female anyway.
I don't think anybody's acting too seriously at this point on the 'all female' side of this argument.

It's ultimately up to whoever happens to be project leader, I suppose - and that's up to their interpretation of how close they want it to feel to a "serious" Touhou fan project (In which case, well, look at men in Danmaku - it doesn't happen much at all) and whether that is justification of whether or not to restrict things.  And if so, a project leader has every right to say "But, I don't want characters that are x or y", and if you aren't willing to meet a couple limitations set, well, nobody's forcing you into the project.

If, on the other hand, the project is going to be more relaxed in terms of intended mood and design, well, then there shouldn't be a problem.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 04:03:56 PM by Garlyle »

Tengukami

Breaking news
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2010, 04:06:18 PM »
I don't see how all female cast = SERIOUS project. What makes originality less serious?

Sure, it's your game, but if you cannot bend on what gender people choose, then you need to ask yourself if you're really looking for creative input.

Yes, people are free to opt out. That's obvious on its face. I just find the idea of a gender restriction that not even Touhou has to be weird and narrow-minded.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2010, 07:18:28 PM »
Ehhh. I'm sick of reading these arguments, so sure, you can use male characters. :<

I hope they're sexy. :3

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »
I hope they're sexy. :3
Mine are never sexeh :derp:
Mine look like 9 year olds. :V

I'll port one of my new Ex boss's attacks to StB and see how it is.

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2010, 08:42:59 PM »
Well, this argument brought up another point - should you be copying ZUN's style exactly? It seems like almost everything so far aside from the spellcards and characters is made to be as close as possible to StB and DS. I'm not a part of this project, so my opinion doesn't matter much, but be more original! Make this your own game, rather than ZUN's game with your spellcards! Make your own scoring system or cut-ins or menu, and maybe even add a new gameplay element or two. You're not restricted at all, so why force everything to be a copy of something that already exists?

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2010, 08:49:31 PM »
Ehhh. I'm sick of reading these arguments, so sure, you can use male characters. :<

EXCELLENT!

Name: Kingault(Real name unknown)
Title: Embodiment of Spam(No, not the food)
Threat Level: Usually around 8/10
Level: Most likely one of the upper levels.
Species: Used to be human, now the Embodiment of Spam
Ability: Kingault has the ability to spam anything and everything. He has an obsession with spaghetti, toasters. He can also take the form of any being. His top hat is said to suppress his tendency to spam. For some reason, he shoots mainly red bullets, and is known to say completely random things.  Also, he  plays the ocarina.  Also has a love for Polish food such as Goulash, Zurek, and Pierogi. Most of his spell cards are random and few of them have a distinct pattern.
Human/Youkai Friendship level: Either friendly or hostile, completely random.
Relationships: Cirno (Good friend)
                            Scarlet Sisters (Good friends)
                            Mokou (Good Friend) 
                            Hong Meiling (Good friend)
                            Eirin (Life Saver)
                            Marisa Kirisame  (TOP SECRET)
                            Reimu Hakurei (TOP SECRET)
                            Yukari and Yuyuko (Friends)

Background: Once a human who hunted Youkai, he never gave a thought if they had good intentions or were friendly. One day , he met an unknown god disguised as one, and Kingault assaulted it. In rage, the god punished him by transforming him into the embodiment of spam.He wasn't seen again for several hundred years until the events of Kingault's Revenge(Danmakufu Script I'm working on) After that, he decided to explore Gensokyo.
Area of Activity: Usually the area surrounding his hidden home. Also known to appear in random locations.
Quotes:
"Ah, another one. Meet your end!"
"You know what I say, all toasters toast bread."
"I hope he/she made lotsa spaghetti!"
"This zurek is delicous!"
"Duro, monstakado!"
"I would congratulate you for making it this far, but your journey was in vain. I am already unstoppable.
" For hundred of years, I've been stuck with this curse. No more! You will pay, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!"

Note: I'm willing to give you the two spell cards script I made for my character. Other that, you'll have to make the rest if I don't find any inspiration.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:27:26 PM by Kingault »

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2010, 08:53:13 PM »
I've decided to name my character Akemi Seigyoku, which means bright sapphire. Anyways, 9-3 is done-ish, and it's pretty much VoWG plus aimed bubbles. :V

I'm too lazy to navigate Google Sites's horrible attachment page, so attaching to this post :V
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:34:36 PM by Onthenet »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2010, 10:29:20 PM »
Added cut-i n for Rekishijyuu.

Also, I'm going to include my (not-at-all-)recently-created OC, whose name and everything shall be revealed when I edit this post.

Cut-in
 VVVVV Crappy drawing VVVVV

Name: Mikarei Ryousatsu(霊殺 甕霊)
Title: Dead Vacuum
Species: Ghost
Ability: Manipulation of FOOD
Elaboration: TBA
Threat Level: Medium-high
Human Friendship Level: Depends on mood
Personality: Usually can't help minding others' businesses.
Area of Activity : Around Hakugyokurou
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:39:10 PM by みゅう⑨(Mewkyuu) »

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2010, 11:31:40 PM »
I want to participate :3
I'm still a novice at scripting, but id like to post my idea in case a spot needs to be filled.

Walfas Cut-in:

Name: Hakkachou (means minty butterfly, i think. Please correct me if i'm wrong)
Species: Butterfly Youkai
Abilities: Precognition, Magic (specially that which nullifies other's magic/abilities)
Description: when she turned into a Youkai her wings fell. She keeps them on her crown. This caused her, along with her precognition ability, to lose her carefree nature and become nervous whenever there is a more powerful being nearby. This motivated her to learn magic that suppresses other people's talents. As a result, she is disliked by the more powerful youkai (like Flandre and Yuka) and loved by the lesser ones (such as Kogasa or Mystia). She is very imaginative and seems self centered and proud, but in fact she is ambitious and quite the entrepreneur (going as far as to negotiate trade treaties between the humans and Yukari, which, it seems, did not work properly   ::) ). 
Location: Wanders aimlessly, but is usually seen in Hakugyokurou, eating flowers.

Notes: I made her powers level independent, so that she can fill any spot as needed. I imagine her in the higher levels, but i don't really mind in which tier she ends up.  :) 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:34:48 PM by durdur »

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2010, 12:18:05 AM »
Edited my profile a bit, added my cutin.
Anything else needed?

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2010, 07:37:42 AM »
So... many... AWESOME faces...

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2010, 08:19:03 AM »
Do you like this style?

Meet Half-Completed Etchel (sorry again). Working warmly in the remaining frames.

Edit: Mediafire shows some garbage on the picture :/
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:20:56 AM by Johnny Walker »

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2010, 08:42:21 AM »
Meet Half-Completed Etchel (sorry again). Working warmly in the remaining frames.
oh god that's awesome :*

Edit: Mediafire shows some garbage on the picture :/
is that the weird dust-like stuff and box-like stuff on the 2nd left and 2nd right movement frames?
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
i think we're full now. if you don't tell me in which stage you want to be placed i'll select one randomly :o :getdown:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:13:23 PM by Sercan »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2010, 05:41:03 PM »
i think we're full now. if you don't tell me in which stage you want to be placed i'll select one randomly :o :getdown:
In StB 1, EX had 8 scenes, with 4 characters, so like, I'd like to have Rekisiju and Mikarei on EX, I'll make 2 for each of them.
Which means we need one more spot for EX stage.
If we follow StB 2, the spots for EX are full, and I have to code 3 attacks fro each of Reki and Mika.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2010, 06:47:40 PM »
so i guess the stages above stage 2 should have between 8 and 10 spells.
if you're with 3 people you can each do 3 cards, or one of them could do 2 cards. for instance, StB stage 4. and DS extra.

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2010, 09:50:21 PM »
I have an wierd Idea.
How about three more levels titled "Kaleidoscope 1", "Kaleidoscope 2" and "Kaleidoscope 3"
It?s kind of a stupid Idea.
But then we can make a real hard "Last Word"-like Collection for our character(s) having a personal hellride and making all three levels available after beating 100% of the Spellcards from level 1-EX.
I mean... it?s at least an Idea and this hasn?t been in StB or DS yet.

btw... with the characters there are right now we have 28 characters and 3*9 is 27... oh wait.
so yeah... either Tengukami has no KS Spell or Mewkyuu,s other character has no spell.

Wait... how about Mewkyuu,s Character teaming up like Mai and Yuki for the KS Spellcard.

Wait I am over anylizing this... we should discuss this first, right?

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2010, 10:16:10 PM »
btw... with the characters there are right now we have 28 characters and 3*9 is 27... oh wait.
so yeah... either Tengukami has no KS Spell or Mewkyuu,s other character has no spell.

Wait... how about Mewkyuu,s Character teaming up like Mai and Yuki for the KS Spellcard.
Nah. I could have one of my chars have 1 spell, and the other character has one spell. And THEN for a 3rd spell, I could have them team up.

Shoot!
過去将来 歴史獣

霊殺 甕霊

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2010, 10:20:01 PM »
Nah. I could have one of my chars have 1 spell, and the other character has one spell. And THEN for a 3rd spell, I could have them team up.

erm... that would be 29 Spellcards then... but I don?t think it would look food to have 3 filled KS pages and one with just like... two.

So... are you accepting the idea now?
because if so, we can?t allow a new character and all places are filled (whice would be 27 bosses, counting both of your characters).
That would mean Tengukami would only be playable character. I hope he will be alright with that, then.