Author Topic: Danmaku Viewing Trip (DEADLINE FOR SCRIPT SUBMISSION IS 1NOVEMBER! (東方無名撮)  (Read 89598 times)

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
Re: 東方無名撮 ~ Danmaku Viewing Trip
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2010, 01:56:10 AM »
made new images. first one is the title screen background, second one is for the rest (music room, help screen, scene select)

oh god, those are awesome :]

question... how many spell cards do we make and are there gonna be nonspells? I know it'll probably vary by stage, but it would be nice to have an overall layout on how many scenes you're going to be assigning to people...
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2010, 02:01:37 AM »
For reference in StB and DS, each character typically has either 1 nonspell and 2-3 spellcards or 3-4 spellcards depending on thier stage and rank (as in like follower and boss eg StB stage 10 Komachi has 1 noncard and 3 spells but Shikieiki has 4 spells)

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010, 06:01:10 AM »
Okay, here's my OC.

Name : 静川くりおね (Kurione Seikawa)          (Got the romanji from a kanji to romanji convertor, so if it's wrong or something, please correct me. :/)
Sei 静 means quiet, kawa 川 means river, Kurione is Clione.

Species : Kappa

Appearance/Design :
That's a thermometer in her hand. Can't think of what to let her hold so I threw in a thermometer.

Ability : Manipulation of Internal Energy
Elaboration : Things like changing the temperature of substances, changing the physical state of substances (melting, freezing, etc).
Limitation : The lower the purity of what she uses her ability on, the more difficult it is for her to do so. For example, blood would contain too much impurities (like blood cells, glucose, metabolic wastes, etc), so she cannot use her ability on blood at all, thus she can't be running around solidifying people's blood to kill them. Edit: Energy can't be created and she can only control it to go from one body to another. Her abilities doesn't work on living things for who knows what reasons.

She also knows a bit of Water and Metal magic for summoning chemicals for her experiments.

Threat Level : Low. As mentioned above, she can't use her ability to affect living beings. Besides, she don't like getting into fights and arguments, so chances of her attacking anyone is very low.

Human Friendship Level : Like most Kappas, she's shy at first but really friendly to humans once she gets to know them.

Personality : Pretty shy to people she doesn't know well, even to Kappas. To friends, she is cheerful and easygoing.

Backstory : None, her life is pretty normal for a kappa.

Area of Activity : Base of Youkai Mountain, it's where most kappas live.

Likes : Unlike most kappas, which are obsessed with being mechanicians building all kinds of gadgets or researching about nuclear energy brought by the Mountain God that moved in a few years ago, her interests lies in Chemistry, despite her ability being more related with physics. Her ability does come in handy as she can boil solutions without a burner, or make dry ice with cardon dioxide easily.

Dislikes : Cucumber. She doesn't hate eating it, but she thinks it's overated.

By the way, are we going to be using the same sound effects, bullet sprite sheet, etc so it's easier to organize or something when all our submissions are put together?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 02:40:08 AM by Thaws »

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010, 10:59:52 PM »
So since I'm stage 1 should I have a tutorial stage like MInoriko?

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 10:33:30 AM »
I already finished Okuuko's first spellcard~

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/puremrz/?action=view&current=zomghuge.png
*lack of thumbnail*

The SA zsuns will be replaced by custom graphics later.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 10:39:54 AM by puremrz »
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 11:45:14 AM »
So since I'm stage 1 should I have a tutorial stage like MInoriko?

Make a corrupt testing stage. *cough*portal*cough*

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2010, 01:28:52 PM »
level KS should, lyk, be a stage with fairies n stuff

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 04:04:16 PM »
sorry for the double post, but i think it needs attention.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4176466/okuu.MP3 < yet another final stage theme, remix of Nuclear Fusion. puremrz requested it :3 it's called Destructive Prescription ~ Genetic Wasteland
we've got 3 songs for the game now, so we need just 2 more. could you do one, danieluyoshikoto?

and this is a rough estimate of the current title screen. the picture of okuuko will be replaced by the main character. once a picture becomes available
[nsfw]http://i43.tinypic.com/1z3xxg9.jpg[/nsfw]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:20:16 PM by Sercan »

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2010, 04:23:29 AM »
Hi, can I be the other stage 1 boss?

I don't use Danmakufu much but I'm probably familiar enough with it to make myself some derpy stage 1 cards. I have experience making joke danmaku, Suikama would know!

Edit: Ohwait. I just reread the OP, are people still supposed to be making their own spellcards? Because if they can't I'm not as interested :<
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 04:27:19 AM by huh what »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2010, 04:34:42 AM »
Edit: Ohwait. I just reread the OP, are people still supposed to be making their own spellcards? Because if they can't I'm not as interested :<
Yes, you make your own spellcards o.o;

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
I have some questions.

and Johnny Walker, will you do all sprites?   

foremoster is you character a guy?   Now it's not  :V

- So, we made normal spell cards and you guys will turn it into a *Shoot the bullet* version right?
- If not, may I see an example spell card ?  :ohdear:

P.S Suikama , I like to see you try Ha ha, old chap!.

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr139/namethecool/Games/?action=view&current=Meh.jpg

Update

http://www.mediafire.com/?muthmjlkwhn

1 Non spell
2 Spell cards

- No  sprite yet
- No background
- Cut In can improve
 :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 11:57:48 AM by Foremoster »
Hey There !

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2010, 10:57:17 AM »
- So, we made normal spell cards and you guys will turn it into a *Shoot the bullet* version right?
- If not, may I see an example spell card ?  :ohdear:

I think it?s most likely:

make a possible spellcard, then after every/each second/whenever photo it should get more difficult (more faster/dense/whatever).

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2010, 07:28:42 PM »
Hi, can I be the other stage 1 boss?

I don't use Danmakufu much but I'm probably familiar enough with it to make myself some derpy stage 1 cards. I have experience making joke danmaku, Suikama would know!

yes you are my bro

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr139/namethecool/Games/?action=view&current=Meh.jpg

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2010, 07:56:08 PM »
I'm working on some sprites. If you want a sprite sheet made by me, send me a PM please so I can work in "First come-First serve" mode.

*walker goes to buy some boxes of colombian coffee*
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:01:10 PM by Johnny Walker »

Elementoid

• Having a heated affair with feux-familiars
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2010, 01:45:59 AM »
I basically suck at drawing and spriting in general forever, so I would be very grateful for sprites. Here's the picture I made in walfas. More realistically, I imagine her looking sort of like Jessica, from Umineko (minus jacket and a longer skirt). All I really need is the basic left/right/floating and attacking animations, and an animation where she falls asleep and floats on her back.

Thanks in advance  :V

EDIT: So I got one of my cards to work, which for me is cause for celebration. This measly thing is all it is right now. I just have to work out some kinks and get the mechanics right.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 03:34:54 AM by Elementoid »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2010, 03:51:56 AM »
Hey guys. Here then is my submission.

Name: Sumire Shichiyama*
Species: Crow Tengu
Ability: Fast Zoom, longer time to overexpose.
Limitations: Not as fast as most tengu. Kind of a slowpoke.
Human friendship level: High - she finds humans fascinating.
Personality: Genuinely curious but a little on the shy side, Sumire prefers using a camera that can get her better zoom shots without overexposing the shot, so she doesn't have to fly around so much. Quite friendly though.
Brief history: Sumire originally tried to start her own paper, but found it difficult to interview people, because of her shyness. So the paper didn't sell very well. Nonetheless, she pressed on and started freelancing instead.

*(Unless you plan on using my name, wasn't sure on that point.)

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2010, 01:57:20 PM »
[picture to be added later... my internet is way too crappy to allow me to make a picture, upload it, then put it here all in one sitting. probably i can add it later]
Name: Rekisijyuu Kakosyourai (過去将来 歴史獣)
Title: Deep Trauma Remembrance
Species: ???
Ability: Manipulation of memories (eg read and replace a person's memories.)
Threat Level: Medium-low
Human Friendship Level: Very low.
Personality: Usually ignores those she doesn't know well, and sometimes even those she's very close to.
Area of Activity : Around the Moriya Shrine

EDIT:
Backstory: Not really anything, she hid it from all, even herself.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:14:50 AM by μ⑨ »

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2010, 02:31:22 PM »
Ability: Manipulation of memories (eg read and replace a person's memories.)

Oh great...
My Character was going to have Spellcards like: "Unknown Memory [Sliding Down The Mt.Blanc]".

Looks like I need to find something other for Liz then...

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »
Oh great...
My Character was going to have Spellcards like: "Unknown Memory [Sliding Down The Mt.Blanc]".

Looks like I need to find something other for Liz then...
Oh, speaking of spells...
Does the StB engine support custom spell card name things?

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2010, 11:12:02 PM »
I have one important question: Does anyone here draw characters that are male? I personally don't want a female character representing an OC of mine, as I like to be known as who I am, and I see no reason to pretend to be what I am not. I am male- I'd greatly appreciate it if someone would help me with this. (My drawing stinks.)

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2010, 12:40:11 AM »
I made 9-1, sorta. Since this hasn't been StB-ized yet, it instead switches to the next phase after 10 seconds. This is more for testing random effects though. Unfortunately the awesome pseudo-3D spell circle is either behind the boss or in front of it, not both at the same time.
:dealwithit:

Elementoid

• Having a heated affair with feux-familiars
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2010, 02:38:09 AM »
Schrodinger's magic circle?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2010, 03:41:36 AM »
I have one important question: Does anyone here draw characters that are male? I personally don't want a female character representing an OC of mine, as I like to be known as who I am, and I see no reason to pretend to be what I am not. I am male- I'd greatly appreciate it if someone would help me with this. (My drawing stinks.)
I think it was stated in the former topic that your character has to be female.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2010, 03:49:47 AM »
Oh, I got the same problem, that's why I created another OC to replace who I intended to use* for this project.

* I'll release an EX boss for him some time this month.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:06:52 AM by ⑨dog »

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2010, 04:59:40 AM »
Does the StB engine support custom spell card name things?

if not, someone could just make an script whice will just load the spellcard line and it?s name onto the screen, or something like that.

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2010, 05:36:14 AM »
if not, someone could just make an script whice will just load the spellcard line and it´s name onto the screen, or something like that.

I can make that :3 DS style I assume? I'll have it ready in a few hrs if needed :V (still doing some other stuff right now)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:47:09 AM by Kylesky »
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2010, 04:56:38 PM »
I think it was stated in the former topic that your character has to be female.
I really hope that gets abolished, then, because I don't really have (or want) any female OCs, and I don't want people turning mine into female characters just for this. I'm male, darn it- I'd like to be represented as such. :(

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2010, 12:40:43 AM »
I really hope that gets abolished, then, because I don't really have (or want) any female OCs, and I don't want people turning mine into female characters just for this. I'm male, darn it- I'd like to be represented as such. :(
We should have some petition to sign and show WL.
All in favour, quote this post.

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2010, 12:46:32 AM »

Lets break tradition!

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2010, 11:48:22 AM »
Quoted. We're not making an official Touhou game, so why would we have to restrict ourselves to only female characters? Plus, look at UFO- Unzan is male, even if he's not humanoid, and ZUN wanted to have Byakuren's BROTHER be the final boss originally, or so I heard. So why not? :D